Friends, good afternoon! We, the authors of the blog, the Valitov brothers, welcome all our readers to tell you on this page how to learn how to jump in length from a place.
Since these jumps are necessary not only for athletes, as training exercises for the comprehensive development of their physical qualities, but for any person they also have their own applied value.
Practical skills and the ability to jump far can help people in any emergency situations when it is necessary to jump over a hole, ditch, ditch, puddle or other obstacle.
This skill allows a person to develop their muscles, speed or strength capabilities.
What is the peculiarity of the process of jumping from a place? How to properly master the technique of their implementation, and what additional training will allow a person to jump far from a place, but more about all this.
Of course, learning how to jump immediately in 1 day and 2 meters is an absolutely unrealistic task, but for its implementation you need to work hard.
The best solution to this issue is to conduct training sessions in a specially equipped jumping sector.
The main task for the athlete will be set here - to achieve the greatest horizontal length after jumping from a place.
The technology for performing a jump begins with a staged starting position, then pushing from a special board at the edge of the pit with two legs and then jumping into a pit filled with sand.
In this case, the distance from the mark on the board to the beginning of the hole left by the foot from the athlete’s landing in the sand will be considered the result of the range.
During the flight phase, the athlete can use various styles of equipment, such as:
How to jump further: tips from practice
For stable positive dynamics of the results from training, you need to conduct them on a regular basis. In the warm season, you can jump in nature, in the cold - indoors. Before each lesson, a 15-minute general warm-up should be done to minimize the likelihood of injuries and sprains.
Jumping is included in the school curriculum in physical education. To strengthen the muscles of the legs, we recommend doing squats with a barbell or free weight, lunges, various presses and traction. This will allow you to have strong legs for a powerful push. And in order to group in flight it was easier and simpler, it is necessary to strengthen the muscles of the abs and back. Stand on the bar, pull yourself up and do push-ups. All of the various multi-joint exercises will help you train coordination, so you can better control your body in space.
For additional motivation, read our next article on who is now the fastest person on the planet.
In order to learn how to jump far, you must first prepare and strengthen the muscles of the legs, and immediately before jumping, it is imperative to warm up.
Strengthening your legs will help with training and exercises such as:
- Squats with a barbell when using medium weight.
- Lifting a barbell or dumbbell on socks.
- Weighted lunges.
- Jumping on a bench or gymnastic horse.
- Jumping out of a full squat up.
- Jumping running.
- Triple long jump.
During the warm-up, before jumping far from a place, you need to use general strengthening exercises in the form of:
- Deep squats
- Rotation of the feet
- Walking in geese
- Lifts on socks.
Such training will allow you to stretch your leg muscles so that the jump time does not damage the joints or ligaments.
What you need to know about the technique and the jump itself
In this chapter, we will take a little look at the technique and anatomy of this action.
In order to complete the jump for this, one must exert both internal and external forces.
If we talk about external force, then the force of gravity and still support reactions have a strong influence. The first acts in all phases, and the second only in the first, second and fourth.
Look at the picture, where each phase of the jump is shown in detail and interestingly.
If this action is considered from the point of view of mechanics, theoretically, of course, then the push force should be performed at an angle of 45 degrees to the horizontal, since the body moves in this way in the free flight phase.
The area of the support varies in different phases. In the preparatory phase, it is greatest, during a push it decreases, but towards the end, that is, to a full landing, the area of the support again becomes, as at the beginning of the jump, since the jumper is on both feet.
Thus, the stability of the body still depends on the support.
Features of jumping from a place
Classical jumping from a place in length is an independent type of competition when passing the standards for physical education at school. They are also often included in athletics all-around programs or are a separate exercise for harmonious athletic development. Having mastered how to jump in length from a place, you can develop speed and power qualities, jumping ability, sprinting skills.
Before disassembling the technique of jumping from a place, you need to understand a little what this exercise is. Since school, we know that this exercise is performed by simultaneously detaching from the surface of the legs, and the goal of the jumper is to overcome the maximum distance in flight. Having reached contact with the ground, the jumper straightens up and leaves the landing zone. Then the length of the jump is measured. This is done perpendicular between the extreme tear-off point and the landing. The point of contact in this case is the closest place to touch any part of the body. There are standards that allow you to objectively assess the physical shape of a jumper:
- For students aged 8-10 years, the norm is 120-160 cm.
- Schoolchildren 11-15 years old - 150-200 centimeters.
- For boys and men aged 16-30 years - 200-240 cm.
Now consider in detail phased techniquehow to jump long from a place.
The initial stage, which involves the adoption of a starting position. It is quite important, as it determines the strength of the push and the overall result of the jump. To take the right position, you need the following actions:
- You need to get up at the starting line.
- Legs should be positioned at shoulder level.
- Put your hands down, pull back a little. Bend your elbows so that you can push the body forward.
- Feet put on the whole foot.
- Bend the knee and hip joints so that they are at sock level.
This stage is performed immediately after the previous one, without stopping, then when the body is still moving down by inertia, the hip joints begin to unbend. Hands are thrown forward in the direction of the jump. The second phase of the exercise is as follows:
- Hands are thrown forward.
- The hip joints are pulled forward.
- The knee joints are straightened.
- The explosive movement of the foot comes off the ground.
Flying and landing
When the athlete is in the air, he pulls the knee joints to the chest and stretches the body in a straight line. At the end of the flight stage, the arms fall, and the feet are extended forward. Then there is contact with the ground and the hopper lands. When flying and landing, the following movements are made:
- In contact with the surface of the hand, you need to bring it forward, so that it is easier to maintain balance.
- Knees bend to provide a touchdown fit. At the same time, the load on the joints and ligaments is reduced.
- When landing, the athlete needs to straighten up and leave the exercise zone.
Errors when performing jumps from a place
Both schoolchildren and experienced athletes in the process of performing jumps from the ground can make typical mistakes that worsen the results. Among them are the following:
- Inconsistent movement of arms and legs.
- Premature drooping of the legs.
- Incomplete straightening of the knee and hip joints.
- Fall at the moment of contact with the ground.
Also important remember the warm-up and its significance. It is needed to prevent injuries. You also need to consider that learning to jump in length from a place will turn out if the legs and shoulders are developed enough, and the general physical preparation is at the level. Therefore, it is important to take care of improving the power parameters as a whole.
There are also other recommendations that will help you jump far and correctly:
- Be sure to learn the jumping technique - it should be perfect.
- Strengthen the muscles of the upper part of the body through strength exercises.
- Run more.
- Train other types of jumps: in height, with a run and so on.
- Do stretching exercises every day.
- Track your progress to further improve your achievements.
Triple jump: execution technique
There is another kind of jumping from a place - triple. He is can be run. This jump is included in the program of all athletics competitions. The technique of its implementation is divided into the following stages:
- Repulsion with two legs for the first time.
- Flying at the first step.
- The second repulsion.
- Flying in the second step.
- Third repulsion.
- Third flight.
- Landing on the feet.
Performing a triple jump, you need to alternate between the legs: a push with two legs left, right, left leg, and then landing on both legs. At the first repulsion, the same actions are performed as with conventional long jumps. Then you need to throw one leg forward, bending it in the knee joint. Make sure that the shin goes down and slightly forward.
The second leg, which is slightly bent at the knee, lingers behind. Then you need to "raking" the movement to land on the front foot. The hind leg is brought forward with a sharp swing, and then a second repulsion is performed.
The second flight phase begins with the other leg.. Then, thanks to a new “raking” movement, repulsion is done for the third time. On the last flight, you need to pull the pushing leg to the fly leg, bend them at the knee and bring them closer to the chest. Then you need to land using the classic jumping technique.
For the most effective performance of this exercise, you need to strongly repel and perform a swing movement. Try to lengthen the flight phase and do not lower your fly leg to the ground when pushing away too quickly.
Long jump with a running start is a rather difficult exercise, taking into account the technique of execution. The main difficulty is that the exercise consists of several stages that are not repeated among themselves. To achieve maximum results, you need to perform them as powerfully as possible.
In any type of jump, four stages are distinguished: take-off, pushing away, flying and landing. During the flight, three types of jumps can be used: with bent legs, with bending and “scissors”. To get the maximum result, you need to know how to jump long with a run. Recommended stick to the following tips:
- During the take-off, you need to gain maximum speed and maintain it when repelled.
- Based on this, it is necessary to change the horizontal movement of the body by the right angle so that the departure speed is maintained.
- Next, the jumper prepares himself for landing, continuing to adhere to the chosen method of flight.
- When in contact with the ground, you must take your feet forward and up to the maximum to prevent a fall.
Men are usually advised to use a distance of 50 meters for takeoff, women - 35-40. This allows you to gain maximum speed before pushing. But everything is individual, and each athlete can choose a distance for himself.
Today, professional athletes apply one of three types of changes in running speed dynamics:
- Speed increase gradually from the start of the take-off and its sharp increase before the push.
- An active increase in speed in the middle of the distance, which is replaced by the so-called capable run before making a repulsive movement.
- A quick start, in which the speed gained is made in the middle of the distance and increases sharply before repulsion.
The latter method is most popular, since it makes it possible to gain maximum speed. When flying, the athlete needs to maintain balance and create an optimal starting position before landing. Although at first it may seem that everything is simple, in practice the phase of the flight is quite complicated and in many respects affects the final results
It has already been said that there are three variations of running jumps. Some athletes combine scissors and bending, and this often leads to very good results. Of course, the technique is becoming more complicated, since the combination of several elements is always harder to master than one technique. Remember that you can not land on straightened legs - this is fraught with a knee injury. To learn how to perform the exercise correctly from a technical point of view, you need to prepare yourself for serious work.
Features of the right training for long jumps
To learn how to jump long in length, both from a place and from a run, you need to strongly push off and develop maximum speed (if we are talking about a run). Therefore, you need to improve your overall physical fitness. In addition, experts recommend performing the following exercises:
- Running with maximum hips: for each leg 20 times at a slow pace, and then at an average speed. Then you need to try to develop the highest possible speed.
- It is important to train your hands - this will help give the body maximum acceleration. You need to get up, bend your legs a bit and perform intense hand swings, just like you do when running. It is recommended to do several approaches.
- Plyometric training will be helpful. Do several sets with alternation: first jumps on a hill, then jumping, alternate explosive jumps with jumping to a distance. It is important to monitor the correctness of the push.
- To train the repulsive force, you need to deal with weighting. So, you can walk around the hall with a bar or barbell on your shoulders, paying attention to the fact that at the maximum point of extension the push leg is straightened, and the thigh of the fly leg becomes parallel to the floor during the step.
Long jumps are quite complicated from a technical point of view, so initially it is important not to chase the results, but to master the execution technique. It may not be so fast, but after some time of regular training, you will succeed.
How to jump from a place
Before conducting control tests, you should always do some training. Before doing jumps from a place, it is necessary to familiarize yourself with the theory. The following stages are distinguished in the exercise:
- Preparation for repulsion. At this stage, the athlete takes the correct pose to make the maximum push possible. To perform the exercise, a person stands at the line, legs apart shoulder width apart or a little narrower, then raises his hands up while lifting his toes and caving in the lower back. Then comes the reverse movement. Hands fall down and are laid back, legs are placed on the entire foot, while the knees and the hip joint are bent, the body is extended slightly forward.
- Repulsion. It begins when the hip joint is straightened, while the hands should be sharply thrown forward. Repulsion ends with extension of the knee joints and tearing of the feet from the surface.
- Flight. After repulsion, the body of the jumper is pulled into a string, the knees are pulled to the chest.At the final stage of the flight, the arms fall down, and the feet are extended forward.
- Landing. When the legs touch the ground, hands should be extended forward to maintain balance. At the same time, the legs are bent at the knee joints, the landing should be elastic. Stopping, the jumper straightens up and leaves the test area.
Jump from the spot. TRP Standards
In Russia, it was decided to revive the old Soviet tradition - the TRP. The set of tests also included jumping from a place.
Standards are as follows.
|Age||Golden badge||Silver badge||Bronze icon|
|Age||Golden badge||Silver badge||Bronze icon|
Next, we consider the theoretical basis of the jumping technique.
Let's look in more detail, that is, what muscles and joints help us with this.
In the first stage, it is necessary to prepare the motor apparatus for a profitable position.
For a stronger repulsion, the body at the beginning should occupy a lower position, and in the end a higher one. To do this, stretch the muscles that exercise it.
In the first stage, the jumper is located in the squat. The start of the jump occurs in the hip and knee joints. The body is tilted forward a little, arms are slightly extended and laid back
The trunk and head are held by muscles with extensors of the spinal column.
Squat position, provides subsequent repulsion.
And so, we proceed to the consideration in the second stage. There is a push with two legs. For a more even repulsion, the feet should be parallel
When you push off, there is a flexion in the ankle joint, and the knee and hip joint are still unbent. Further, the body of a jumper is straightened, and a sharp swing of straight arms up increases the repulsion.
The second step was considered, if you look a little bit, it becomes clear that it helps us to jump far.
During the flight phase, one needs to take a body position that promotes movement and proper landing.
That is, it is necessary to move the lower limbs forward. This is possible if you strain the muscles of the hip flexors.
When landing, the same muscles work as in the preparatory stage.
The third step is simpler, it is similar to the first, of course with its own nuances, but still not a big difference.
Do not forget about your breathing. Although it does not greatly affect the technique, it is essential to know how to breathe properly.
So, in the first phase, exhalation occurs, and when landing, inhale.
Of course, what is written here may seem complicated, but this is the basic understanding of execution, since knowing which muscles and joints are used in this action, you can improve both the technique and the action itself.
Stop writing a theory that only confuses, let's get down to practice, otherwise we’re probably tired.
Read on for a more detailed implementation of each step.
Any errors during the exercise indicate that the long jump technique from a place is not well developed. The most common errors are:
- Inconsistent arm and leg movements. To prevent this error, it is necessary that the long jump technique has been worked out. For these purposes, an imitation of movements in place, in the hang and with a little jumping out is suitable.
- Feet too low. The reason for this is the weak muscles of the abdomen and back. It is advisable to additionally work out the movement of the legs in the hang.
- Incomplete extension of the knee and hip joints during repulsion indicates that the jumper is in a hurry during the exercise, as a result of which the repulsion time becomes too short.
- Small range of hand movements. Additional testing of the mach is needed.
- At insufficient sending forward You may get a high jump from a place, not a long one.
- Fall on landing. There may be several reasons: inability to group correctly in the air, early straightening of the legs, weight drops by one limb, torso in flight, too strong forward legs. Each case needs to be worked out separately.
Triple Jump Technique
The triple jump is a little different from the usual jump. There are three repulsion steps. The initial push is made from two legs in the same way as a simple jump. However, the work of the body in flight is significantly different. After repulsion, the thigh of the leading leg is brought forward, the knee bends, the lower leg is directed downward. The second limb is left a little behind, it is slightly bent. The position of the legs is the same as when performing the exercise "jumping in a step." Next, the leading limb is placed on the ground and pushed away from it, and the second performs an active forward swing, thereby helping to make a more efficient movement.
So the first step is performed, in the second legs are swapped, in the third a grouping is carried out, similar to a simple jump: both limbs are pulled to the chest, and then simultaneously straightened and stretched forward. The long jump technique is basic for flying after the last repulsion. Then comes the landing.