Light lean baking, which is also suitable for fasting.
About 12 buns will need:
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground garlic (in granules)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of green onions
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chilled soy milk
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
2. Finely chop the greens.
3. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and garlic.
4. Add lemon juice to soy milk and let it curl.
5. Add oil to the dry ingredients and grind by hand until oil crumbs are obtained. Add greens and mix.
6. Pour in curdled milk and mix well again. Knead the dough on the dusted flour working surface by hand, curled three to four times. No longer worth it.
7. Hand knead the dough or slightly roll into a layer 1.3-1.5 cm thick and cut small circles with a glass.
8. Place the buns on a baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes until browning.
Servings Per Container: 8 Buns
- 1 3/4 cup (402 g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (172 g) oats
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) soda
- 2 teaspoons (9.5 g) of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup (172 g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (115 g) cold vegan oil
- 1/2 cup (0.35 L) rice or soy milk
- 1/2 cup fruit or nut topping
- Cooking oil
Buns and pies - a step by step recipe with photos
Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Let's make a hole, pour oil, lemon juice and kefir there.
Knead everything in a bowl
we shift to a horizontal surface. Knead until smooth, adding a little flour. Quite a bit, we do not need to make a very cool dough, this is not the case.
Now cover the dough with a film for half an hour.
These half an hour is very important, a little more, but no less. It's better not to bother the dough at all, let it rest отдых
Now, if we make buns, then we pluck off small pieces of dough, form a ball. You can prepare a sprinkle for buns. We had sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and flour. It is better to chop pumpkin seeds in a blender or a knife, otherwise they swell and leave the surface of the bun.
Dip a ball in one of the sprinkles and put it on a baking sheet on baking paper (you can just grease the baking sheet with vegetable or butter). Very professional looking buns just sprinkled with flour on top.
We put in the oven 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes, depending on the quickness of your oven 🙂 When the buns are browned, remove and let cool.
You can make wonderful burgers with hummus, vegan mayonnaise and vegetables from the rolls. Also in the middle you can put some nutritious vegetarian cutlet.
If you want to make only buns, I suggest you still take a third or half of this recipe.
Subscribe to updates in my VKontakte group —kurkuma108, on my Instagram page, as well as to blog updates: