Wooden blinds look great in almost any interior. To maintain their appearance and durability, you need to properly care for them. This is not difficult, although they will make you tinker. Cleaning the blinds is a very laborious job. Much, of course, depends on the type of blinds. The most difficult to clean wicker lamellas. But if you are armed with all the necessary means, it does not matter!
How to clean woven wooden blinds
Cleaning woven wooden blinds is of great difficulty for many, since all elements of the curtains are tightly connected in a roll. However, to clean, for example, lattice blinds is much more difficult. One of the easiest ways to care for woven wooden blinds is to vacuum them daily. If the dust has settled deep in the crevices, then a brush or bristle will be required for cleaning. Cleaning woven wooden blinds will be easier if you remove them. If the dust has settled deep in the crevices, then you need a brush or bristle to clean it. Cleaning woven wooden blinds will be easier if you remove them.
Share in social. networks:
Blinds are a certain type of window curtains that protect the apartment from sunlight and prying eyes. They are made from various materials such as: plastic, fabric, wood, metal. They are also vertical and horizontal. Cleaning the blinds can be different, depending on what material they are made of and how the component parts, lamellas, are located. In our article, almost all possible ways are outlined, how and how to do it.
How to clean the blinds?
In order for the cleaning of the blinds at home to be of high quality, select and apply the most suitable product for you from the following:
- dishwashing detergent,
- Laundry or baby soap
- window cleaner
- dry cleaning tool for vertical fabric blinds,
- wet wipes,
- microfiber cloth,
- cotton gloves
- soft brush.
How to wash horizontal blinds?
If, when decorating the interior of your room, you came to the conclusion that horizontal blinds are the best solution, familiarize yourself with how to wash them in advance. To do this, we offer you several ways that do not take much time and effort.
Cleaning horizontal blinds at home will be good if you use a window cleaner as follows:
- Spray onto closed blinds.
- Take a clean rag.
- Hold the blinds with one hand, wipe them with a rag with the other.
- Gently wipe dirt off each lamella.
- Perform actions from top to bottom.
Another quickest option:
- Close the blinds.
- Take a vacuum cleaner.
- Vacuum each lamella using a nozzle to clean the furniture.
- Dampen a microfiber cloth with water and wring it well.
- Wipe each plate with it on both sides.
Important! Instead of a vacuum cleaner, you can use a paint brush.
Remove significant contamination as follows:
- Pour water into a container.
- Add dishwashing detergent.
- Take a clean sponge.
- Soak it in soapy water and squeeze it well.
- Wipe each lamella.
- Wash the sponge in the solution as it becomes dirty.
- Take a rag.
- Wet it with clean water.
- Squeeze and use it to remove the remaining foam from the panels.
- Wipe them with a clean, dry cloth so that no streaks remain.
You can quickly remove dust with ordinary wet wipes. For this:
- Lean the blinds against the window.
- Take wet wipes.
- Remove dirt from the panels, moving from top to bottom.
- Change wipes periodically as they become dirty.
To prevent dust from settling on the slats, treat them as follows:
- Take a polish or antistatic.
- Add a small amount to the water poured into the container.
- Wear rubber, then cotton gloves.
- Soak them in the resulting solution.
- Wipe the panel one by one on both sides.
An effective cleaning agent for blinds is LOC by Amway. Apply it this way:
- Pour water into the container.
- Add to it the product in a ratio of 1: 200.
- Put the resulting solution in a spray bottle.
- Spray the product onto the panel.
- Wipe them with a dry cloth.
How to wash vertical blinds?
In no case can fabric blinds be washed in a washing machine, so they will lose their shape and become deformed, and you can remove dirt from them using one of the following methods.
Cleaning vertical fabric blinds at home is as follows:
- Take a tool for cleaning vertical blinds, which can be purchased at a hardware store.
- Fill a bucket with warm water.
- Add some mild soap or detergent to it.
- Cover the absorbent fabric under the blinds.
- Wet the sponge ends of the instrument with soapy water.
- Clamp the lamella with a tool on both sides.
- Wipe each sheet in this way, moving from top to bottom.
- Rinse the instrument periodically in clean water, then dip it again in soapy water.
- Repeat the procedure if necessary.
If your vertical fabric blinds are removable, wash them like this:
- Remove the fabric from the window.
- Roll it into rolls.
- Put them in the bathroom and fill it with water.
- Add detergent to it.
- Wash neatly.
- Rinse the blinds with cold, clean water.
- Remove and spread the canvas on a flat surface.
- Wait for it to dry completely.
- Hang on the window.
If you want to quickly clean the fabric strips from dust, do this:
- Remove the fabric strips from the window.
- Lay them on the floor.
- Take wet wipes and wipe each cloth with them.
- Hang on the window.
How to clean wooden blinds?
Wooden blinds are afraid of water - from its impact they crack, deform and lose their color. In order for the cleaning of wooden blinds from dust to be effective and not damage them, do the following:
- Take a dry soft brush, rag or vacuum cleaner.
- Go through each canvas and remove dust.
- Wipe each panel with wood care product.
Types of structures
There are several options for window slats, differing in the type of construction.
- Horizontal is the most common type. Most often they are represented by thin metal or plastic strips connected by a thick thread. These are simple curtains that serve more than one year. Caring for such interior elements is simple, and you can do this without removing them from the windows.
- Vertical - less formal, let in sunlight and create a calm, comfortable atmosphere in the room.
- Pleated curtains. They resemble horizontal, but looking closely, you remember that this is a strip of hard fabric, folded accordion.
Remember that not only the blinds require regular maintenance, but you also need to clean the windows at least 2 times a year.
Material for manufacturing
The degree of safety of comfortable curtains directly depends on the material of their manufacture.
- The cloth. Typically, polyester is used in the manufacturing process. Modern advances in the textile industry do not allow the fabric to fade in the sun, so the original color is maintained throughout operation.
- Plastic. Reiki are versatile and affordable. Even on the hottest day, such material does not heat up, thereby not being an additional source of heat.
- Jacquard. A fabric with a voluminous, convex pattern, which can both duplicate the main shade and contrast.
- Aluminum. "Eternal" material for strips. They do not give in to deformation, they are durable, but they heat up, which makes the room even warmer.
- Tree. It is difficult to meet such rack curtains, and their price is very high. Such curtains look beautiful on the window and are completely environmentally friendly. Wood can absorb odors, grease and water.
- Bamboo. In this material, practicality, beauty and environmental friendliness are combined in a profitable tandem. Suitable for almost any type of interior.
Wet or dry cleaning?
Washing blinds at home can be done dry, or maybe in a wet way. The choice of method depends on the type and material of the curtains.
- Cross lamellas are very thin and flexible, their cleaning should be gentle and accurate, because replacing one or two strips is almost unrealistic.
- Vertical fabric blinds are more resistant to mechanical stress. They can be safely removed and washed.
Important! Do not use aggressive cleaners containing chlorine in the wash, as this may damage the fabric.
- With a scheduled wash or just a dusty coating, roller shutters can simply be vacuumed or wiped with a damp cloth.
- For kitchen types, in the office or school classroom, dry cleaning will not be enough.
Horizontal Roller Care
It is possible to wash horizontal blinds with a light degree of pollution easily, without removing from the window, while dirty ones can be dismantled.
- If the pollution is weak, you can wash the aluminum blinds without removing the window with a cloth moistened with soapy water. Before starting a wet washing of metal rails, you need to thoroughly clean them from dust deposits with a vacuum cleaner at the weakest power.
- It is convenient to wash plastic options of rolleta in a bathroom. Remove the curtains from the windows, fill the bathtub with warm water, lower the plastic there, and leave it in the water for 20 minutes. You can add some liquid soap to the bathroom.
- Soda can be used to clean stains. Just 2-3 tablespoons per bucket will be enough for an effective wash.
- Plastic kitchen shutters are washed in water with the addition of dishwashing detergent. Soak them in a soapy solution, leave for 20 minutes, so that the adhering fat moves away from the surface.
- Do not use too hot water in the procedure. It should not exceed 40 degrees.
- In the process, lift the curtain, cleaning the lamellas one at a time with a shower spray. When you finish the procedure on one side, turn over and wash the back side. When finished, wipe the surface with a clean cloth.
Important! If you are a happy resident of a private house, then you can dry the blinds directly on the fence in the yard.
- Upon completion of drying, take a soft cloth and walk it on the surface to remove possible dried droplets of water.
My fabric shutters
Wash vertical blinds a little easier, but these types require more frequent care. The most common type of care is washing. To wash fabric blinds, proceed as follows:
- Walk through each panel with a vacuum cleaner.
- Remove all strips by disconnecting weights and chains.
- Roll them into a large roll.
- Place in a container where soapy water has already been poured.
- Leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse carefully without bending or stretching.
- Hang to dry.
Fabric strips are perfectly erased if each strip is rolled up. For this, soaking the paintings in soapy water is suitable.
Rub and crush them is not worth it, because it deforms the material. The machine washing is also not suitable.
Important! If fabric lamellas are washable, they will eventually lose their special impregnation, which is designed to repel dust.
We clean wooden slats
- To keep the longitudinal wooden types of shutters clean, they need to be vacuumed regularly.
- For thorough washing, purchase a special wood care product and polish.
- It is not recommended to use water, since from the liquid the strips can lose their shape, swell and deform.
- The most polluted places can be gently rubbed with a damp cloth.
Cleaning metal shutters
We clean metal blinds directly on the windows.
- Open the aluminum shutters and turn the lamellas to the closed position.
- Carefully walk along the surface with a vacuum cleaner so that then the dust does not slide into lumps.
- Moisten a cloth in plain water, and wipe the strips one at a time from top to bottom. Rinse the rag periodically and repeat the procedure several times.
- If the shutters are very dirty, then it is better to vacuum them, remove and soak in a soap solution.
Important! It is better not to immerse the upper and lower slats in the liquid, because they are most susceptible to corrosion. Wet only a cloth.
- Leave the curtain in soapy water for 20 minutes.
- Remove and rinse with water under pressure.
- Dry the cleaned blinds. Wipe each strip with a dry cloth and hang to dry in the yard or on the balcony.
- An ordinary sock worn on the hand will help to quickly wash the blinds made of plastic. Just spray 1/4 of the vinegar-water solution on it and wipe the slats.
- If there is no need for washing, and it is inconvenient to use a vacuum cleaner, an ordinary paint brush or a piece of sheepskin will come to the rescue.
- Try to clean blinds with a relief pattern with a soft toothbrush.
- Clean clean slats with a lint-free cloth.
- Metal, wood and plastic blinds are equipped with a rotary mechanism. It needs to be lubricated from time to time. To do this, take a spray lubricant, which is sold in automobile stores or oil for sewing machines.
Blinds take a powerful dust blow. After mosquito nets, they are second on the line of defense from the street. Use useful and simple tips, and shutters will serve you for more than one year.