Why do we register on social networks
Experts believe that mostly people who are unsure of themselves, suffer from complexes, such as, for example, the "inferiority complex" with their appearance, or they lack attention in real life, hang out on social networks. And on social networks, few people know who you really are, because if you have a rich imagination, you can expose yourself as a hero-lover, macho or just a super-smart genius. And depending on how skillfully you present all this on your page, they will believe you or not.
Of course, among the reasons for "freezing" on the network is simply communication, say with a classmate who lives in another city, in another country. And this, of course, is a huge benefit of social networks. But is it worth being limited in your life only to such communication? Is it worth replacing real friends, real feelings with virtual acquaintances and experiences?
The questions are not really idle. More and more, our friends prefer staying on social networks and the virtual world over the present. Imagine something like this announcement: “I’ve contacted, I’ll be back soon” ...
Signs of addiction to social networks
1. Wherever you are, no matter what you do, an obsessive desire to see incoming messages constantly comes into your head, even if you are sure that no one should write to you. And still…
2. You spend most of your free time at the monitor, namely on social networks, and each time you promise yourself that you went there for only 5 minutes. But these 5 minutes can last oh how long, sometimes you are horrified to notice that ... half a day.
3. When you take your picture again, the first thing that comes to your mind is to update the “avu”, put it in the photo album in contact.
4. A constant desire to change their statuses, discuss their problems and various topics in networks with friends there. There is a clear substitution of real relationships with virtual ones.
5. Now your mobile phone is gathering dust at home under a thick layer of dust. It’s easier for you to write a message online.
6. You have already forgotten what your best friend looks like, to say nothing about acquaintances.
7. LLC, these applications! Do you think it's better to spend time at the game. Moreover, you make excuses to your wife, who in vain invites you to take a walk with your family: that you just like the design of this toy, so you stick out in it. But in fact, it’s just “super important” for you to pass as many levels of the game as possible and increase your rating in the application.
8. You get annoyed, it seems to you that life is over, if for any reason you can’t get to your page. This is called addiction.
Is that familiar? Did you recognize yourself ?! Or do you have only a couple of these signs? It's time to sound the alarm.
Ways to deal with addiction by social networks
Chat more with your friends! IN THE REALITY!
Can a social network replace live chat ?! No, of course, it is much more pleasant to meet friends, say, somewhere in a cafe and really discuss the latest news. At the same time, wear some beautiful clothes, make a hairstyle.
Make it a rule to go out every night. Visit theaters, museums, go to the cinema. Call your friends with you. It will be a pleasant surprise for you to see how many people miss you!
Call your best friend, share the news. And you will see how great it is to really communicate and what positive emotions live communication will charge you. At the same time, it will pull you away from the monitor.
Limit online time
You can set a time frame on your computer. It is better to spend the freed up time on something useful. Surely you have accumulated a lot of unfinished business, which you always put off until later, devoting "5 minutes" to your page on the networks.
Find yourself a hobby. For example, sign up for a sports club, buy a subscription, for example, in the pool. Do not forget: playing sports will help not only maintain excellent physical shape, but also be always in excellent mood.
Replace reading the news in contact with some good book. You will enjoy a good reading experience and increase your knowledge. Isn't it great ?!
No, of course, we do not urge you to completely forget what social networks are. But try to devote much less time to them. And you yourself will see how your life will change, and most likely, for the better. Good luck
Why is there a dependence on social networks?
Social page Networks are each person’s small personal scene. We create “our world” on the page, which we share with others. Your illusory world. On the page-scene, we appear cheerful, posting our best photos. The statements of thinkers create the appearance of our wisdom and well-readness ...
The considerable time spent on the Internet added the appearance of rating buttons - like / I like it. Leave a comment on the photo for a long time, and not everyone wants to pamper their friends with their attention. But like to put it up very quickly and you don’t need to invent something, and even talk about spelling, which, although “good, but somehow lame” (Winnie the Pooh).
As a result, the following occurs. We upload our photos, on the wall / in the chronicle / tape there is a repost of someone’s post. And then we start to wait, greedily wait, when what appeared on our page in the social. Networks "like".
Fortunately, not everyone gets sick of this, some are completely “parallel” with what is happening in the parallel Internet space with their social page. network. The bad news is that there aren’t so many such people.
The image created by a page on a social network sometimes scares friends. After all, we can appear in personal photos arrogant, too happy, or, conversely, dull. What happens in person? Literally in 3 seconds, the image that VKontakte so carefully drew is scattered.
Dependence on social. networks is reinforced by our laziness and fear. It's so easy, untidy and unwashed to get into the Web, write something to a friend from the page where your best photo shines. This is much easier than calling and making an appointment. After all, it is necessary to prepare for it, put yourself in order, go somewhere. And here once you are in contact ... Here it is easy to engage in murderous observation, developing curiosity. And there’s nothing to talk about the discussion of other people's pages, or rather, there is something, but we won’t: it’s all clear.
Orthodox communities on social networks
It is good that after so many years of persecution of the Church, treasures of patristic utterances became available. Modern technologies allow them to be illustrated, very beautifully designed and published in social services. networks. The emergence of Orthodox communities in social networks has allowed sharing this with a large number of brothers and sisters. At present, we have an abundance of similar sent groups, posts (entries) in which one another is more interesting and attractive. Outwardly, all this may seem beautiful. But remember the words of Isaac the Syrian: “Measures without harm and revered as beautiful”.
If we tempt our brothers and sisters in Christ by developing addiction to the Internet, do we benefit? Undoubtedly, sitting in front of the monitor or not, like recording or not depends on the “like” one. But is it not about us (those who post numerous notes) that the Savior said “It is impossible not to be tempted, but woe to the one through whom they come” (Luke 17: 1)?
During Great Lent in 2014, one very respected Orthodox community on social networks acted very wisely. Administrators posted entries only on holidays, the rest of the days the group was not updated. It seems that this is an example for everyone.
How to beat addiction to social networks?
How to cope with a strong craving for a monitor (or smartphone display), dependence on social services. networks?
Suppose you found yourself addicted, recognized it. And rush to the extreme - to retire from all networks. This would not be a very correct decision, although there is no need to generalize, in some cases only this will work.
However, the amenities that bring social. Networks are likely to make you return to them again. Everything will start anew. You need to learn how to make a profit from staying in social services. networks and eliminate harm. Some tips will help you do this.
- Take away the widespread informationabout yourself from your personal page in the social. network. Leave the most basic. This will protect you from thinking about how your page is perceived by others.
- Do not put personal photos on the avatar. Change your avatar picture less often so as not to wait for a barrage of ratings.
In general, personal, family photos, photos of babies should not be uploaded to the Internet. Say more, this is dangerous, especially in the latter case.
Some mother was shocked when she saw a picture of her child as the title page in a community where proponents of the Child-Free movement against children gathered. Especially negative emotions aroused criticism of the baby, seasoned with profanity.
If you decide to upload photos to an album, then take care of its privacy - for friends, and even better for a narrow circle of friends. Stop at a few photos. There is absolutely no need to upload photos from your every holiday or weekend to the social network.
Thus, the number of “I like” ratings will decrease, and your peace of mind will be closer to normal.
- Stop Like Everythingthat at least a little you liked. At the other end of the “wire,” you’re unlikely to be offended by the fact that you didn’t click on the little button under the record. And thereby you will distance yourself from all this abundance of recordings, posts, photographs.
- Stop waiting for “I like” marks on everything you recently posted on social networks. Change your attitude to this - let it be for you annoying, interfering with flickering.
- Determine the number of visits social networks and the time you are there. Optimally at first - 2 times a day for 30 minutes, then you can reduce it to 1 time. To not miss the right time, set an alarm. With the first call, immediately click on the exit.
- Always press the exit button from your account. This will protect you from accidentally getting to the social page. network and stuck there.
- Do not let your hand reach for the computer after school hours. The pulling method is the surest.
- Arrange with friends or family that they will monitor your stay in the social. network and in time to kick you out of there. Do not be shy to admit that you are addicted. Believe me, people like you are the majority. And more correctly, we are the majority.
- Force yourself to a rare visit to social networks. Let your page say something like: came in ... a week ago. The very next day of the contact "hunger strike" the images of the pages that literally live dependent on social. networks fade. A man wakes up like a bear after a long hibernation.
- Make it a rule to write yourself somewhere in a conspicuous place: in Odnoklassniki, Vkontakte and Facebook only on business. For pleasure / out of boredom / for curiosity social. networks prohibition.
- If you wrote a personal message to the person who is online, but the answer does not come, do not wait more than 5 minutes. You risk sitting too long. Turn off, you will read the answer next time, because it is possible that the interlocutor is actually no longer at the computer.
- Send SMS to your friends more oftenthan in contact. More often use email instead of social. networks.
- If possible, disable the ability to download images from the browser when viewing the page. Turn this option on once a week, for the rest of the time let the social pages. networks will be pale, without vivid illustrations.
We, Orthodox Christians, all this should concern first of all. For idle sitting in the social. networks, each will give an answer. But we believers are in the know. The worse the consequences. We, like no other, should be happy for the deliverance and prevention of dependence on social services. networks.
What purity of thoughts and freedom is felt when you limit yourself from this social network hum of posts, photos and comments! Let's not forget that in getting rid of any addictions, as in any important matter, a prayer appeal to God for blessing, help, and strengthening is the very first thing that we just need to do.
Social network addiction - what is it
This phenomenon is, it really poisons life, but in medicine it is treated very ambiguously. Officially, Internet addiction is not considered a mental disorder. Her symptoms were first described in 1995 by Ivan Goldberg in a pseudoscientific essay. He simply joked that the attitude of some users to the Internet is very similar to the relationship of addicts to bad habits. The joke was taken quite seriously. So the concept of Internet addiction appeared.
Today we are tied to social networks, and viewing the update feed often seems more interesting than real life. Employers call addiction to social networks the main reason for the procrastination of their employees. According to a survey conducted by Webtrate, more than 50% of 2.5 thousand people admitted that they could not concentrate on work, because they check for updates and mail.
36% of those surveyed by Webtrate lose about an hour on social networks, and 16% - more than three hours a day. And this is only about working time! How many human resources do social networks actually eat? Responding to messages from online friends, people forget their thoughts, ideas. They do not remember what they specifically planned to do.
Although official medicine is skeptical of dependence on social networks and does not consider it a disorder, this phenomenon does not just exist. It brings enormous losses to the addicts themselves and their employers, and prevents live communication.