Back hair is a fairly common occurrence that occurs in many men. In some cases, it occurs in women, for whom it becomes a source of psychological discomfort. There are several different ways that you can get rid of back hair for a while or forever. Each of these methods has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Creams for hair removal
Such creams today are easy to find on sale. The principle of their action is simple - a special chemical component breaks down the protein in the hair, which weakens the root of the hair and the latter almost immediately drops out. This procedure is inexpensive. Its effect lasts no more than 1-2 weeks, but it has certain disadvantages.
So, hair removal creams can not be used on areas of the body with sensitive skin, since the chemical components of these products can cause an allergic reaction.
Razors for the back
There are also special razors for sale on the back. They differ from ordinary ones in that they have a slightly longer handle and a wider blade. Moreover, many use the usual disposable razors. You will also need shaving cream.
This procedure for removing hair on the back is very simple, cheap, but it has significant disadvantages. First of all, this is a short effect, as well as the appearance of new, more rigid hairs in just a couple of days. Such hairs bring a feeling of discomfort. The burning sensation after shaving also does not add comfort. But the main minus is the bristle on the back, which appears a few days after shaving, looks unaesthetic.
Removing back hair using waxing is also a fairly effective method. However, the sensations during this procedure are not the most pleasant. To reduce discomfort, regular wax can be replaced with soy, which only sticks to the hairs themselves. It should be applied to the treated area of the skin, and then attach strips of special material to it. After a few minutes, the wax will dry and strip off.
This procedure can take quite a while. In addition, she is quite painful. However, the effect of it is palpable - the problem disappears for the next 1-1.5 months.
Laser hair removal
This is a relatively new method that allows you to destroy the hair root with laser radiation. The follicle remains in place, so the hair will grow again after a certain time, however, this process takes a lot of time, which ensures a long-lasting effect.
This procedure is almost painless, but there are some restrictions on its use (certain skin types). Otherwise, this is a rather expensive, but also very effective procedure. The effect of it lasts for about 6 months.
Hair Removal Using Electrolysis
In this case, a special, thinnest needle is inserted into the hair shaft. Then an impulse is applied to the follicle, which completely destroys the hair cells. At this place, new ones will not grow.
Separately, the sessions for performing such a procedure are short-lived. However, it is worth considering that the work is carried out with each hair separately, and therefore a lot of time will be required for the whole process.
In addition, each session separately is inexpensive, but a rather impressive amount comes out in the complex. However, the result is worth it - back hair is removed permanently.
The essence of the procedure
The meaning of the laser hair removal procedure is to destroy the root (bulb, follicle) of the hair, as a result of which it falls out, but a new one does not grow in its place. The destruction is caused by a directed laser beam heating the pigment (melanin) contained in the hair root.
It turns out to be disturbed and the supply of the follicle with blood. Modern laser equipment allows you to focus the heat-light stroke directly on the hair bases.
Before the operation begins, the man himself needs to work with a razor to make sure that his hairy vegetation is ready for it - the fact is hair grown in excess of 1 mm will become unsuitable for laser hair removal.
In addition, before the session:
- quite a long time (up to a crescent) antibiotics are prohibited (the tetracycline ruler is especially dangerous) and sunbathing,
- for three days, the skin should not come into contact with alcohol-containing substances,
- in six hours, hair must be removed to an acceptable size.
And the procedure itself is combined with some precautions. Before applying the hair manipulator, the cosmetologist will ask the client to wear glasses with dark protective lenses that protect the eyes from radiation.
Among the reasons why men decide on hair removal, and specifically laser, the first place is occupied by the desire to get rid of hair surpluses that exceed the generally accepted notions of normality.
But there are other considerations:
- the inability to use another hair removal procedure due to an allergy to it,
- the use of other types of hair removal does not keep pace with its rapid renewal and growth,
- a feeling (quite thorough) of complete safety and painlessness,
- the attractiveness of technological novelty.
The first consultation with a specialist should, in particular, give an answer to the question of the time perspective of getting rid of excess hair, which, in turn, depends on the number of sessions required. This is also important from a material point of view.
The standard assumes a cycle of 5 to 15 sessions with interruptions of 3 to 7 weeks.
One session lasts no more than one and a half hours, but the minimum may turn out to be ten minutes. After the patient is located in a convenient special chair (on a table or couch), the beautician begins manipulating the device that generates a laser beam on a specified area of the skin. During the procedure, the specialist cools the skin with contact gel.
The device for hair removal is chosen by a specialist based on the efficiency of work and the treated areas. Stationary equipment is usually used, but portable epilators are also possible, among which RIO devices (RIOLaserSalon, RIO-LASH-3000), for example, are very famous.
The video shows the process of modeling a beard using laser hair removal.
Laser Hair Removal Results
Do not set yourself up to quickly achieve your goal (the goal itself also needs to be clearly stated). In humans, hair is very different in structure, and in density, and in other parameters. The approach to each is strictly individual.
Exemption from hairline will be the result of a full course. Deviations are possible along its length, but the vector of movement toward the goal itself will remain unchanged.
Most likely, the first session will add optimism, after which hair growth in most cases slows down, they become less and structurally softer. About 15% of the hairs disappear without a trace, but not immediately - the loss occurs after 15-20 days.
By the end of the course, a good mood will be added, since the smooth skin obtained at the end of the last session without hair, irritation and rash will remain with the man for a long time.
Where can I do laser hair removal
Men's hair removal does not coincide with women's hair removal in a number of ways. The reason lies in the fundamental differences between organisms of both sexes. On the male body there are not so many places free of hair. For example, laser facial hair removal for men can be called the rule, while for women this is an exception. Male hormones have led to a more rigid structure of the hair itself. The consequence is Hair removal procedures on male skin are longer, and their number is greater.
On which zones can the procedure be performed?
The areas that men most often decide to epilate are:
- back and chest
- area of traditional male shaving (chin and areas near the cheekbones and above the upper lip),
- nose, nose bridge, ears and neck,
Male laser hair removal: areas where laser hair removal is undesirable
The laser is an all-pervasive medical device. Rays that do not damage the skin and organs can remove hair from any area on the surface of the human body. There are no medical contraindications, except for the general ones for the entire procedure, for certain places of the skin integument. Therefore, from the material sphere, the question of the undesirability of their laser processing goes into the sphere of thinking and feelings.
When making a decision, a man must clearly understand (and a cosmetologist must remind him of this) that, say, mustache for a certain amount of time (which can take a long time) he will not be able to grow with all his will. The same applies to laser hair removal.
The Internet is full of popular laser hair removal in a bikini zone designed for men. This is motivated in most cases by greater sexual attractiveness for women. Meanwhile, it is known that the assessment of sexuality is not the same not only among different sexes, but also among different representatives (representatives) of the same gender.
Men are considered more rational by women than women. They have something to ponder, making a choice in favor of refusing hair in certain areas of their body.
Myths about laser hair removal
Mythology is inherent in all phenomena. The attribute is attributed to the procedure as the finality of the procedure. Say, if you carry out hair removal on the back of a man with a laser, then the skin will forever remain smooth and devoid of vegetation.
The spread of such misconceptions is most often caused by unfair advertising designed to maximize clientele engagement.
In fact, laser hair removal of the back in men is capable of many things, including long-term skin cleansing, but you should not even try to deal with the body's natural capabilities.
Speaking about the painlessness of the procedure, it is recommended to avoid the word "absolute".
Indeed, compared with sugar hair removal (shugaring) or waxing for men, the laser beam may seem generally invisible.
But slightly tingling in the epilated area, easily tolerated by the vast majority of clients, may seem quite painful to some of them due to the individual sensitivity of the epidermis.
Tales about the harmful effects of laser beams on the skin, supposedly capable of causing fatal diseases, it is advisable not to listen. The method has been tested many times, the practice of its application in this sense gives completely positive statistics.
Benefits of the procedure
The benefits of laser hair removal are related to the reasons why men prefer it. For example, cases of allergic immunity of the body to the laser beam have not yet been statistically recorded, while this cannot be said of other hair removal operations. In this article, you can read in more detail about the pros and cons of the procedure.
Other notable benefits of laser hair exposure include:
- painlessness, expressed in a slight warm tingling of previously slightly chilled skin (cosmetologists use special gels and other similar means),
- brevity of the session
- selectivity - only vegetation on the skin is exposed, but not the skin itself (if it is not dark),
- universality - there are no parts of the body surface where laser exposure could not be applied,
- the duration of the effect (from 2 to 5, or even 7 years).
The experience of laser hair removal of armpits, see the video
Contraindications and limitations
Direct contraindications for the use of laser hair removal are the painful conditions of the male body associated with:
- vascular and heart diseases,
- infections with fever,
- damage to the skin (in areas where the procedure is planned to be performed).
Diseases, in principle, go away, so that the aforementioned reasons for refusing laser hair removal can be considered time limits. As well as the presence of a newly acquired tan on the skin.
But the skin, dark-skinned by nature, a large number of permanent tattoos and / or birthmarks (moles), as well as individual intolerance makes its use generally impossible.
And finally, gray, red and simply blond hair will have to be removed without using a laser, since the low level of melanin in their follicles will not give the desired destructive effect.
The assurances that the latest laser equipment is capable of not damaging dark skin are still awaiting more solid evidence. However, those who wish to test it on themselves have not been ordered.
The aesthetic feeling inherent in men sometimes requires no less sacrifices than female beauty. Laser hair removal will help the stronger sex to reduce these victims.
What does the cosmetics industry offer?
Existing methods will allow you to permanently or temporarily get rid of body hair:
- Shaving with a razor is the easiest and cheapest method. For this, special machines are sold that differ from the usual blade size and handle length, allowing you to independently perform this procedure. But many use conventional shaving machines. The technology is the same as with regular shaving: shaving foam is applied to the wet back, and then the hair removal process itself takes place. Allowed to use an electric razor. The difference is that the washed back is wiped dry. But after a few days, the hairs appear again, and already the bristles cause discomfort. This is the biggest drawback of this method.
- Hair removal using cream. Buy cream for hair removal is not difficult. And the application method is quite simple. You just need to follow the attached instructions, which step by step describes how to remove hair from the back with the help of this cosmetic product. The price is also quite affordable, regardless of the manufacturer. The effect is designed for about two weeks. Only this method has a drawback. For people with sensitive skin, the use of a cream is prohibited, because the composition of the drug includes components that cause an allergic reaction.
- Waxing. Waxing is a better option, as it allows you to forget about the problem for as much as 1.5 months. But the process itself is not very pleasant. Wax is applied to the hair area, special strips are applied to it, which must be torn off after the wax coating has dried. The procedure is very painful and takes a lot of time.
- Sugaring. Sugar depilation is similar to wax depilation, but wax is replaced by a thick, thick sugar syrup.
- Laser hair removal. The use of laser radiation destroys the root of the hair. The procedure is time-consuming, but practically painless and gives a guaranteed result. Hair, of course, will gradually grow back, but it will be no earlier than in six months. Unfortunately, there are negative points here. Laser hair removal is not suitable for all skin types and belongs to an expensive category.
- Electrolysis hair removal is a method for those who are interested in how to remove back hair forever. A special thin needle is inserted into the root of the hair, and when an electric pulse is applied, its cells are destroyed. New ones will never be able to grow.Specialists work with each hair, therefore one session can not do. Complete removal of hairy vegetation will be long, and the complex of all procedures will cost a pretty penny. But those who have such an opportunity and have free time will be satisfied with the end result.
Folk hair removal methods
- A glass of peeled horse chestnut pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, cook on fire until the liquid evaporates, stirring continuously. Rub the resulting mixture into the scalp.
- 50 g of nettle seed pour 100 ml of vegetable oil. Insist 60 days in a dark place. Then strain through cheesecloth and rub every day into the area covered with hair. In a month, the result will be obvious.
- Decolorizing with hydrogen peroxide, the hair weakens. In one teaspoon of peroxide add the same amount of liquid soap and a few drops of ammonia. With this solution, wipe the back once a week until the hair on the back disappears completely.
So, to remove the hair on the back, you need a desire, a margin of patience and the regularity of applying the selected method.