The recipe for a unique ointment that can be done at home. Try and evaluate its effectiveness.
Prepare 3 homemade eggs, 3 eggshells and 2 bottles of vinegar essence (0.5 liter). Place whole eggs in a liter jar and fill with essence. Close with a tight lid and place in a dark place for 3 days. On the 4th day, remove all the films. Move the eggs to a plate and rub them thoroughly, gradually adding the essence in which the product was infused. As a result, you should get a homogeneous mass without lumps. Next, melt 300 g of internal pork fat, cool, add a tablespoon of honey. Combine fat with essence. The ointment is ready. It is very convenient to store it in coffee cans, the lids of which are tightly screwed.
The prepared medicine treats bronchitis (breast lubrication is necessary), sciatica, osteochondrosis, arthritis, arthrosis, heel spurs, helps with varicose veins and skin diseases, and even copes with nail fungus.
During the treatment of the nail fungus, before applying the ointment, try to treat the nail with a nail file as best as possible. Wash your socks daily with laundry soap. Periodically clean the inside of the shoe by wiping it with cotton swabs with vinegar essence, then tightly tie it into plastic bags and leave it overnight.
Poplar ointment ointment is an excellent antiseptic
Poplar buds are already in January. They are harvested before leaves appear. This ointment is a disinfectant and diaphoretic. Pour collected and dried kidneys with olive oil and leave in a warm place for at least 1 month. Strain, warm the oil for 1 hour in a water bath, add beeswax (1: 1 ratio) and 5-7 drops of grapefruit seed extract, stir, cool
Wound Healing Ointment
This ointment must be in every family. She perfectly heals any wounds.
Melt in an enamel pan and bring to a boil 100 g unsalted butter or lard. Pass through the meat grinder four medium onions, add the pulp to the oil and cook over low heat for six to seven minutes, constantly stirring with a wooden spoon. Then add a third of a piece of baby soap, grated, 50 g of pine resin, 30 g of chopped beeswax and cook over low heat for another twenty minutes, continuing to stir.
Remove from the stove and strain hot through cheesecloth, folded in half. Pour into a glass dish, cool and store in a cool dark place. Apply ointment to cotton cloth, apply to a sore spot, cover with compress paper and fix with a bandage. The procedure to do at night. In the morning, change the compress and walk with it until the evening. And so - until recovery.
By the way, do not throw the gauze through which the ointment was filtered, but pour vodka in a glass jar so that it covers the fabric on the finger. If necessary, use this tincture as an antiseptic instead of brilliant green or iodine.
Alcohol-based antibacterial hand gel
The product, which includes alcohol, reliably kills all microbes, but can irritate sensitive and dry skin.
To prepare it you will need:
- 160 ml of medical alcohol (it is advisable to use 99%, but if you could not find it, then 70% will do)
- 80 gr. aloe vera gel
- container for mixing ingredients
- any essential oils
- funnel and mixing paddle
- clean bottle for the finished product
How to make alcohol-based antibacterial hand gel
1. Prepare a clean bowl, pour medical alcohol into it.
2. Add aloe vera gel to the same container - it will give the finished product a thick gel-like consistency, as well as reduce the aggressive effect of pure alcohol on the skin of the hands, and prevent it from drying out.
3. Add about 10 drops of one or more essential oils. For an antibacterial gel, oils that have antimicrobial properties are ideal: peppermint, cinnamon, eucalyptus, thyme, cloves, lavender, rosemary.
4. Gently mix all the ingredients with a spatula. As a result, you should get a thick, homogeneous mixture without lumps.
5. Take a clean plastic bottle in which you will store the product. It is best to use a container with a dispenser or a narrow neck to make it convenient to apply the gel on your hands.
6. Unscrew the dispenser or cap, insert a funnel into the neck, and carefully pour the liquid into the bottle.
7. Close the container with a lid or dispenser, shake the mixture thoroughly.
Everything, scented gel is ready to use. Perhaps after some time some of the components will settle to the bottom of the bottle, in this case, just shake it again several times.
The best herbs for healing ointments
- aloe -effectively moisturizes the skin, promotes the healing of burns,
- St. John's wort -refers to antiseptic plants, accelerates the restoration of damaged tissues, helps with joint pain,
- calendula -contains bioactive antiseptic components, heals wounds, heals hemorrhoids, eliminates warts and corns, is a mild therapeutic agent of natural origin, therefore it is suitable even for babies,
- rose petals - mild bactericidal agent, slow down the aging process, tighten the skin, promote tissue regeneration,
- plantain - a very popular plant that quickly heals wounds and cuts,
- chamomile -excellent antiseptic, cures skin diseases, relieves inflammation,
- lavender flowers -relieves itching after insect bites, soothes sunburned skin, helps to get rid of skin rashes and inflammatory processes,
- hops - eliminates joint pain
- sage -treats skin diseases.
Witch hazel anti-bacterial hand gel
The tool for which witch hazel is used is much milder than an alcohol-based gel, but it is less effective. A little about the components - natural antibacterial and antiseptic substances.
- Witch hazel extract - has strong antifungal and antibacterial properties. It is even used to treat minor cuts and scratches to stop bleeding. Tannins and witch hazel essential oil have shown a bacteriostatic effect - especially against gram negative bacteria and antiviral effects against herpes simplex (Alonso J, 2004).
Witch hazel strengthens the overall resistance of the skin against pathogens, reduces the susceptibility of skin cells to bacterial and fungal irritants and prevents the spread of these microorganisms.
Thus, witch hazel extract is recommended for use in antiseptic drugs. Witch hazel stops the spread of pathogenic yeast, which is usually present on healthy skin. This explains its effectiveness, for example in the case of seborrheic dermatitis, a disease that can be caused, among other factors, and by the metabolites of these yeast cells.
You can also use Linden extracts - contains farnesol, inhibiting the development of bacteria
Also, you need to add essential oils of tea tree and lavender to the antibacterial hand gel, you can also use cinnamon oil (just do not overdo it, cinnamon can cause a burning sensation on the skin).
Tea tree oil - one of the strongest antiseptics with antiviral and anti-inflammatory effects: 5 times stronger than alcohol, 8 times stronger than carbolic acid and 12 times stronger than phenol. It destroys bacteria, fungi and pathogens: Staphylococcus (more than six species including aureus, erider-midis, pneumoniae, faecalis, etc.), Propionibacterium acnes, Beta haemolytic streptococcus, Klebsiella pheuraoniac, Citrobacter spp., Shigella sonioneoli, Prigella sonioneoli, Prigella sonionei ., Pseudomonas aeriginosa, Candida albicans, etc.
Cinnamon Oil The main active ingredient - eugenol - kills most microbes.
For cooking you will need:
- 15 gr witch hazel extract
- 225 gr. aloe vera gel
- 5-10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 30 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 1.25 ml liquid vitamin E
- container for mixing all ingredients
- paddle and funnel
- bottle for storing the finished gel.
How to make an ointment yourself. Recipe
✿ The composition of herbal ointments is usually simple. It includes the main component (plant) and base solid or essential oils.
✿ The cooking technology also does not cause difficulties: the oil is heated in a water bath, and then thoroughly mixed with other ingredients.
We will consider a method of making ointments calendula as an examplebut you can use any plant or herbal mixture, it all depends on your goals.
For self-preparation of a natural remedy you will need:
- 2 tbsp shredded calendula flowers,
- 100 ml of base oil (grape seed or olive),
- a few drops of essential oil (lavender, rose or tea tree),
- 15 g chopped beeswax,
- glass jar,
- container with a lid for the finished ointment.
How to Make Alcohol Free Antibacterial Hand Gel
1. Pour tea tree and lavender oils into a clean bowl, add liquid vitamin E to them. Tea tree oil has strong antimicrobial agents and will act as an antiseptic, and vitamin E, which has a beneficial effect on the skin, is used as a preservative in the gel.
2. Add 5-10 drops of any essential oil with your favorite aroma. Add 15 gr. witch hazel extract.
3. There, add aloe vera gel to thicken the liquid and give it a gel-like consistency. Additionally, this component will moisturize the skin of the hands.
4. Mix everything thoroughly using a spatula. Put on the neck of the bottle in which you will store the product, a funnel, carefully pour the finished gel into it. It is better to use a jar with a dispenser, it is convenient and so the gel will be stored longer. Close the lid and shake several times.
Such a fragrant gel will not be stored for too long - no more than a week in the refrigerator or three days in a bag, since it contains no preservatives. It is advisable not to use it after this period.
To extend the shelf life of the antiseptic gel for a month, you can enter a "green" preservative (GEOGUARD ULTRA, EUXYL 9010), which can be purchased at the online store of components for natural cosmetics and cremation .
Hand Gel Effectiveness
How effective is the antibacterial hand gel prepared at home? An interesting fact is that WHO considers antiseptic hand gels that contain more than 60% alcohol. We quote:
"AND WHAT IS AN ANTISEPTIC DIFFERENT FROM ANTIBACTERIAL PRODUCT? The composition, presence and amount of alcohol-containing and other active substances.
According to WHO recommendations, the antiseptic composition should contain a concentration of ethanol (medical ethyl alcohol) by weight of at least 60%. Otherwise, it promotes the multiplication of microorganisms, creating a favorable environment for them. And only a high concentration of alcohol allows antiseptic agents to effectively destroy viruses. But at the same time, they should not contain more than 80% alcohol, otherwise they negatively affect the human skin. ”
But in the program “All the better,” they prepared a gel without alcohol, using only a small percentage of calendula tincture, decoction, essential oils and conducted a comparative test of such a spray with an industrial one and it turned out that it even coped better with fungi and sticks than an industrial one. We recommend reading the recipe for this antibacterial hand gel and the video below.
What is a hand antiseptic?
In fact, this is a kind of liquid with a certain composition that disinfects the skin of the hands, kills bacteria and viruses. Absolutely all medical workers are obliged to use it in connection with the specifics of the work. I think you noticed that in each office a bottle of liquid is installed above the sink, and before each examination, the doctor treats her hands.
And indeed, this miracle cure from the moment it was invented saved millions of lives. After all, before there were no such funds and a simple operation or even a wound threatened with infection and further complications up to the death.
Another advantage of hand antiseptics is that, unlike iodine and brilliant green, which are essentially the same, they do not leave a mark on the skin, that is, they do not stain it.
Composition of antiseptics for hands
Industrial antiseptics, that is, those produced by factories, are mostly alcohol. Mass fraction is usually about 50-60 percent. But depending on the brand, this figure may vary. And not surprisingly, because alcohol is the strongest antiseptic that can destroy a huge number of types of bacteria.
For those who have sensitive skin, sanitizers are suitable, which in their composition contain a minimum of alcohol, or it is completely absent there. An excellent replacement is saline and plant extracts. Detailed funds are produced for children and used in child care facilities and in public catering facilities (cafes, restaurants).
Aloe vera gel, glycerin, extracts, vitamins are added as caring components. In the composition, you can also find acids, for example, lactic acid, as well as dyes and flavorings.
Recently, hand antiseptics have become very popular as never before. An ordinary person can easily acquire a remedy and protect himself after contact with potentially dangerous places. After all, a large accumulation of germs and viruses is everywhere: these are handles on the doors, handrails in public transport, cosmetic bags and so on.
There are several varieties of hand antiseptics:
- in the form of a liquid: as a rule, the sanitizer is packaged in a bottle with a spray,
- gel products
- good old antibacterial soap,
The latter view is very convenient in order to take with you for a walk with the children, and you yourself will also come in handy sometime.
As you can see, a hand antiseptic is a very good way to carry out preventive measures to reduce the risk of morbidity. Their cost varies from 30 to 300 rubles. And since it is not always possible to get a sanitizer on time, I offer you several recipes on how to cook it yourself at home.
Do it yourself antiseptic
There are several options for recipes for the preparation of this tool. But, nevertheless, it must include powerful components with antimicrobial and antiviral properties. It is due to them that the antiseptic acquires the properties of destroying bacteria and disinfecting the surface of the hands.
On the other hand, the ingredients should not aggressively affect the epidermis. It is advisable to test the resulting product, for this, apply the product with a cotton swab on the bend area of the elbow and after 24 hours mark the result. If you do not notice any annoying reactions, then you can safely use it further. Pay particular attention to sanitizers, where alcohol and essential oils are present.
To prepare this product, take not pure alcohol, but an alcohol tincture, such as calendula. Pour it into a cup, dilute with clean water in a ratio of 1: 1 (50/50 ml). To moisturize the skin, add 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel. It will serve as a caring component and slightly soften the effect of alcohol, which has the properties of drying. Next, add 1 teaspoon of glycerin and 5 drops of lemon essential oil. Mix well and pour into a spray jar.
As a basis, you can take a decoction of herbs, for example, the same calendula or chamomile in an amount of 100 ml. To it add 50 ml of aloe vera gel.Mix everything well, and tea tree oil will act as a bactericidal ingredient in this recipe, it needs 5 drops. For flavor and added protection against germs and bacteria, add another 5 drops of lavender essential oil. To take care of your hands for a moisturizing effect, add 5 drops of liquid vitamin E to your skin. Pour the mixture into a jar and shake it.
In a bowl, mix the following components: 100 ml of pure distilled water, 5 ml of liquid coconut oil, 5 drops of cinnamon and clove essential oil, 20 ml of alcohol tincture or alcohol. Mix the solution well and pour into the sprayer. If you don’t have coconut oil at hand, you can replace it with peach, almond or even olive.
Undoubtedly, antiseptics are very useful for the prevention of diseases. But, nevertheless, you should not get involved in them either. Use them in cases where it is not possible to wash your hands with simple soap. Why so categorical? And everything is very simple. In addition to harmful bacteria, sanitizers with very frequent use are able to destroy those types of bacteria that, on the contrary, protect us. In addition, a sterile environment will not benefit, especially for children.
That's all for today! I hope the article has become useful and interesting for you! Be healthy and see you soon!
What you need to know when making homemade antibacterial hand gel?
A few recommendations that will help in the process:
- You can improve the finished gel from the store by pouring a few drops of essential oil or other aromatic additives into it. After this, you need to close the bottle cap and shake the product well so that the liquid mixes with the oil.
- To prepare a homemade antibacterial agent, it is desirable to find aloe vera gel without impurities and dyes, so that in the finished hand gel there are as few chemical components as possible that do not affect the skin condition best or make aloe vera with your own hands.
- If a portion of the gel, which is obtained from the above proportions of products, seems to you too large, you can reduce it. You can independently calculate the amount of the necessary components according to this scheme: 1 part of aloe vera gel per 1-2 parts of alcohol and about 5 drops of essential oils.
- If you want the finished gel to be colored, use food coloring. It is enough to add only 1 drop - a larger amount will leave traces on the hands.
In addition to essential oils, essential oils - action on the skin
to give the gel the desired flavor, you can use the flavorings that are used in soap making. Look for the one you need in a specialized store or department for soap makers in a craft goods store.
In some workshops on creating an antiseptic gel, you can see the recommendation to add citrus essential oils (orange, lemon or grapefruit) to the product. However, remember that they can increase the sensitivity of the skin to ultraviolet rays. Therefore, if you plan to use the gel on trips or on walks, adding these ingredients is not worth it.
If you make a large portion of the gel immediately, then store the main part in a glass container, and for everyday use, pour a small amount into a plastic bottle. With prolonged contact, the essential oil may begin to corrode the plastic container, do not store the gel in it for more than a week.
To make a fragrant hand gel with antibacterial properties, you need only a few minutes. But the finished product will have a much softer effect on the skin, in addition, you can choose the aroma yourself.
A few more videos of workshops on preparing an antibacterial hand gel.
Egg oil against burns and wounds
We need to get the freshest chicken eggs. They will need a lot. Here is the prescription. Cook for 15 minutes 10 eggs, then peel them and separate the proteins from the yolks. Yolks are for medicine. Rub them thoroughly with a spoon until you get gruel without lumps. Then this gruel should be fried over low heat for 45 minutes in a clean frying pan, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Strain the mixture, and get real egg oil. They need to lubricate burns more often. It heals all wounds, preventing their suppuration. Egg oil quickly softens the skin and subcutaneous tissue, eliminating any bleeding cracks. It is also rapidly absorbed into the tissue and at the same time dries out the wounds, creating favorable conditions for their healing. What is egg butter? This is essentially the quintessence of germ cells that give life to a chicken, that is, a living organism.
1. Place marigold flowers and base oil in a glass bowl and mix well. Remove the container for 14 days in a bright and warm room, be sure to shake it from time to time. After 2 weeks, strain the resulting calendula oil.
2. Put it in a water bath to heat up.
3. Add beeswax. Stir the mixture until it melts completely.
4. Remove the container from the fire. Let it cool slightly. After that add 3-6 drops of ether (several can be used at once). Mix everything well.
5. Pour the resulting “mix” into the prepared jar.
Since natural herbal ointments do not contain preservatives, their shelf life is not long - 1 month. Therefore, do not procure them for the future. Store the natural medicine in the refrigerator and use as directed.
Try, experiment and be healthy!
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press Ctrl + Enter.