Journalists decided to become network trolls. But tourists are not accepted, only on a work visa. There are two vacancies: violation of order on forums and social networks, as well as hidden advertising. An interesting and informative tour came out, which also brought some money.
There are trolls on the Internet. If we exclude malicious buffoonery, the main purpose of the troll's life is hidden (or not so) economic and political advertising. Most trolls are unorganized and use the Internet for pleasure.
Psychologists and psychiatrists have long noticed that the number of people with abnormalities is much greater than that detected during medical examination. Anonymity of the Internet reveals suppressed complexes. This is how “wild” trolls are born, which make up about 60% of the Valley population in the Troll Valley. Bottom layer.
Trolls are divided into three categories: troll cub, ordinary troll and professional troll (with access to the organized elite).
A troll little boy, he is also a beginning troll, he is a redneck troll, he is also a fat troll, he is a troll larva - a person who has not yet figured out the specifics of trolling.
The main signs: he betrays himself, not hiding that he is a troll. If indisputable arguments are put forward against him, he declares: "I have trolled you, and you, sucker, have been seduced."
This is unacceptable not only for the professional, but also for the ordinary troll. Identifying oneself as a troll is shameful.
The greater disgrace is only the disclosure of a real person. And after identification, this is quite easy to do, especially in social networks, where registration data is visible at a glance. A troll victim should never know that she was "bred."
But even a troll little girl has a good ability to offend, flood and offtopic.
Flood - continuous generation of meaningless texts and clogging of useful information by them. The calculation is that a normal user will spend a lot of time reading nonsense. Sometimes a flood is made up of pieces of various texts.
There are programs that automatically generate floods; they cost from 5 thousand to 20 thousand rubles. The difference in price depends on the ability to circumvent the protection of forums and networks. The word "offtopic" means "go beyond the topic."
The elderberry garden, and the uncle in Kiev. Not harmless. The goal is to take the discussion aside. As if in this article we left the trolls and further discussed the problems of cargo aviation.
In any craft there are steps of skill. Having gained experience, the novice troll turns into an ordinary troll, he is also an experienced troll.
This type of network bullies can make a couple of commercially successful operations, play it well and even bring it to tantrum. After that, he has the erroneous opinion that he is a professional. But this is not so.
A professional troll, he is also a thin troll, is able to come up with complex moves and scams, the result of which is to receive money from customers or lulz. Lulz is a measure of troll success.
The professional troll does not deal with raffles on forums, it trolls on a large scale.
Able to bring to suicide, dismissal from work or at least make people think the way he wants. Closing a store or company can be considered a good success for the troll. It is invulnerable to moderators and administrators.
You can identify trolls. But only ordinary or newcomers. Only a more experienced troll can recognize a professional troll.
However, you should not think that every erudite interlocutor who does not agree with your point of view on the forum is a troll. And if you still suspect, never speak directly. If this is an ordinary person, then he may not understand.
And the troll will immediately begin to deny and accuse you of trolling. May even complain to the site administrator. The only thing you can do is to complain to the moderator faster than he is to you.
If novice trolls swear on the Web and spoil grammar (“preved, bear”), then a professional troll is impeccably polite, and other journalists and writers can envy his writing style.
An elite troll will never insult, become personal. He is disguised. The troll kindles a quarrel, but always remains in the shadows.
Professional cunning. He never gives a clear answer to the question; he should always have a place for retreat. He answers the question with a question, and if he is pressed against the wall, he immediately says: “Why is it that interests you so much?”
The punishment of the troll is not limited to the ban (ban on participation in the discussion). By law, the activities of the troll fall under two articles of the Criminal Code: Art. 130 — insult and art. 213 - hooliganism. In the first, you can get up to two years in prison, in the second - up to seven.
The problem is that you can attract them only to a troll cub. Claims for insults on the Internet are known, but the result is zero. Not a single troll has been convicted of a real prison term in Russia. Only fines of up to 10 thousand rubles were awarded.
Increasingly, on the Internet you can find vacancies: people are required who are able to spend nights on the Web and secretly advertise one or another product.
Reward: from 15 to 35 thousand rubles a month, sometimes as a bonus they promise to bring three cans of beer and several packs of chips every night.
With Aidar, a professional troll, a native of Kazan, we met in a Moscow cafe. He said almost nothing to himself, did not even reveal his age (he looked 25–28 years old). I didn’t even give a name right away, only a nickname - Euro.
About such vacancies on the Internet, he said this: “It is unlikely that they will find experienced trolls who are ready to work for money. For example, I would have, if offered personally, but would not have arranged for an ad. ”
To the question of whether professional trolling can still benefit those who are recruiting trolls for work, Euro immediately replied: “Yes, a giant one.
A troll, for example, can make a crowd bite its teeth and hate a competitor.
But he will do it so accurately and surgically precisely that then single patients from the crowd can ask themselves the question: “Why did I hate this company / project so much ?!” During the election, trolls are usually involved in politics. Now they are over, and many will have to look for work. ”
Professional troll - PR, advertiser and brand manager. But with a minus sign. He does not promote the project, but destroys competitors. He is widely educated, must know almost everything that he may encounter on the Web.
The first thing a commercial troll does is study a promoted product and competitors' products for a month. On the subject of flaws that he will troll.
Materials give, but a sign of qualification is their independent finding. Materials on psychology, human management, and even hypnosis are also being studied. An exam is being arranged. There are no retakes: they simply take it or not.
The job is to write short post texts. First you need to show erudition to begin to listen. Then we slowly proceed to trolling.
The thought is moving forward that the customer’s brand is hoo-hoo, and all the rest are not suitable for her. Because ... and here you need to hit the flaws of competitors.
Political trolling is no different. Instead of the characteristics of the goods, the programs of parties and competing candidates are studied.
As well as personal flaws and incriminating evidence on them. Trolls do not collect dirt. Their task: to tell as many people as possible about him. Yes, so that they believed.
I must say that political trolling among the troll elite is “fi”. Not a shame, but a decline. Upon learning that a professional has gone into politics, he will be sympathetically asked: “What, are you good grandmothers or haven’t found business women?” Because direct “attacks” and insults are often used in politics. That is, novice trolls.
We are on Telegram! Subscribe! Read only the best!
What is trolling?
If you look into the English-Russian dictionary, then the concept of "trolling" will be associated with fishing (to be exact - fishing with spinners). Based on this, it can already be concluded that someone throws the bait, and someone “pecks” it.
Trolling can exist only in those places of the World Wide Web, where people communicate with each other. The essence of trolling is to write provocative messages, inciting the interlocutor (or interlocutors) to the response statements (most often, quite aggressive). The more confrontation erupts, the more profitable for the troll, because to attract attention is the main task of any web provocateur.
One of the fundamental conditions of trolling is anonymity. After all, the whole point of an aggressive skirmish lies in the fact that the troll cannot be punished, it cannot be argued or “put in place”.
Of course, there are exceptions: some fairly famous people not only know what trolling is on the Internet, but also actively use this method of communication to maintain increased interest in their person. However, such a PR, of course, should be attributed to the "black" and resort to it only in extreme cases.
Where did trolling come from
The concept of “trolling” appeared back in the 1990s on the Usenet computer network (which gave birth to such attributes of the modern Internet as nicknames, emoticons, spam, and much more). The phenomenon aroused interest even among researchers (American Judith Donat, who considered trolling as one of the phenomena of the World Wide Web, was the first to investigate).
Today, trolling is often associated with a mystical creature - a troll, which, of course, has some basis. After all, the troll is, traditionally, an aggressive uncontrollable creature that does not encounter any obstacles in its path:
When we communicate outside the Internet, most conversations take place in a mutually polite atmosphere. Nobody wants to offend the interlocutor, because being in a tense atmosphere is an extra psychological cost. In addition, confrontation rarely contributes to the quick resolution of problems, and in our time it is important to deal with affairs as soon as possible.
Once in the online community, a person feels completely different. Communicating on Skype with a stranger, you can afford what is actually considered stupid and absurd. At first glance, it seems that trolling has no purpose, but the points listed below will prove the opposite.
So, people become trolls to:
- Assert itself. Many are engaged in web aggression simply to achieve in the virtual world what in real life is much more difficult to achieve. It’s convenient enough to use foul language when no one will ever punish you for it. As a rule, this goal is pursued by people under 18 years of age, but there are also much older troll aggressors,
- Increase your own popularity. In this case, we are not talking about anonymous trolling. As mentioned above, this is a technique of "black" PR, used by some famous people. Such trolling is usually a little less aggressive,
- Win the dispute. There is such a thing as “thin” trolling. This type of communication on the Internet does not imply open aggression, on the contrary, the conversation proceeds quite calmly, and trolling manifests itself in rare, but very well-aimed “injections” of interlocutors addressed to each other,
- Arouse interest in a web resource. Very often there are examples when owners of online resources or forum administrators intentionally incite visitors to conduct an active discussion by creating provocative topics or messages:
Of course, there is no set of laws by which Internet aggressors act. On the contrary, we can talk about the complete absence of any moral standards in most trolls.
However, you can troll without resorting to obscene language and impudent insults. Consider the rules of trolling, which will allow you to masterfully emerge victorious from any Internet dispute:
- Address your rivals to “You”. This simple trick in many cases will cause terrible irritation for your opponents,
- Do not give “direct” answers. In any dispute, you should not be attached to your judgments. Try to make vague arguments that don’t mean anything unambiguously,
- You must prove, not you. The one who asks the questions always looks smarter than the one who answers them (except in cases with a significant difference in the intelligence of the interlocutors). Build a conversation so that your opponent has more opportunities to be a fool than you,
- Try to avoid other trolls. If you stumble upon a seasoned internet provocateur, you run the risk of being shamed in the eyes of the public. Choose and attack less experienced, in your opinion, users,
- Be calm. You should not be "unsettled". Even if your interlocutor cites "iron" evidence of your rightness (or your wrongness), bend your line, then you bear the proud "title" of the troll,
- Try to get the other person out of yourself. At the same time, it’s worthwhile to stay within the framework of “thin” trolling, and when your opponent breaks out in streams of “dirt” to you, state that such an attitude does not suit you at all. It will be a clear victory
- To hell with the facts. Since you are a troll, you can safely tell everything the way you want (even if it's complete nonsense). It is likely that the opponent will not be able to convict you of a lie due to your own ignorance. If you still catch, then you know what to do (include equanimity),
- Ideally, your message should be the last in the discussion. In this case, you can safely declare victory over an opponent (literally write in a separate message) even if the dispute was not in your favor.
If you are a beginner troll, then at first you can make a mistake and start the usual aggressive distribution of insults. Do not judge yourself too harshly in this case. Everyone started from this and only over time learned the fine art of “subtle” unperturbed trolling.
Consider some popular phrases for trolling, which will help a beginner quickly take the path of success in verbal battles:
- “Any child will tell you that.” You must create a sense of obviousness of your statements in the interlocutor. Weak opponents in this case may not be so confident in insisting on their point of view,
- “You look like a perfectly reasonable person.” If after this the opponent begins to object, then he involuntarily calls into question his intelligence (naturally, in the context of your dispute). Many can generally take the phrase as a compliment to their address and say “Thank you” (which can also be an element of the response trolling).
- "This is complete nonsense." Use this phrase when you cannot constructively object to your opponent. Instant and categorical denial of the opponent’s point of view can return the conversation to troll control.
- “You never brought a single weighty argument.” Another phrase similar to that proposed in the previous paragraph. In response to it, your opponent can begin to give his arguments again, thus caving in before the troll (and you can again say that you did not hear anything sensible in the explanations).
- Justify. This expression among trolls is considered quite harsh. “Justify” is a transitional stage from a more or less decent discussion to insults and “mud flows”.
How to become a successful troll
By studying the theory presented in this article, as well as using other sources of information, you can accumulate a fairly voluminous knowledge base.Also, one should not neglect the advice of experienced trolls, who have lost more than one Internet user.
However, you will receive the best trolling lessons during independent practice on various forums, sites and social networks.
It should be remembered that gross and baseless insults against Internet users are an example of poor-quality trolling. If you want to be known as a true master of this difficult task, then use more elegant tricks of the “thin” trolling.
Trolling in all its glory
- I declare with all responsibility that this dress is red-green!
- You're wrong! This dress is actually black and blue. Many see it as white-gold, but this is due to optical illusion. But it clearly cannot be red-green.
- I apologize, but any sighted person can confirm to you that the dress is red-green.
- Are you completely crazy? The whole world sees only two options that I have named. There can be no third!
- I don’t understand. You seem to be a completely educated person, write correctly, but do not notice the obvious. The dress is red-green.
- Yes, you take samples in Photoshop! You do not believe me, so believe the program, it is impartial.
- This is utter nonsense. Your arguments make no sense.
- Justify! (The following is an unacceptable pun for this article, words flavored with national flavor).
Thus, trolling acts as a means of self-assertion and "black" PR. There are standard words for trolling that can be used in a dispute in order to get an opponent crazy.
In any case, while on the Internet, remember that, despite all the freedoms that the World Wide Web provides, you must always remain human.