In recent years, the issue of hair loss has become a concern for much younger people than before. The reasons for this can be called poor ecology, poor nutrition, stress. But these are not all the factors that lead to baldness. Do you have hair loss? How to prevent it? This will be discussed in the article.
Causes of Hair Loss
Before we learn how to prevent hair loss on the head, let's look at the main reasons. There are several main ones:
- hormonal disruptions
- unsuitable care products
- wrong combing
- tight hats
- side effects of drugs
- exposure to high temperature devices (hair dryer, ironing).
To avoid hair loss, it is necessary not only to exclude the possible causes of this, but also try to maintain the hair, even if the problem is not so great. We can easily change the shampoo or change the headgear, but we can’t solve the problems of dirty air and water, therefore we should always support the hair and the body as a whole with good nutrition, vitamins.
Organisms of men and women have different hormonal backgrounds, different requirements and possibilities, therefore, it is necessary to confront female and male baldness in different ways.
Prevention of female pattern baldness
How to prevent hair loss in women? The following tips should be heeded:
- Start eating right. Your menu must have natural products: fish, eggs, cottage cheese, milk, cheese, dried fruits, nuts and herbs. Try not to abuse too fatty, salty, smoked dishes. The same applies to alcohol, carbonated drinks, coffee.
- Try to avoid injuring your hair with styling accessories. Hair dryers and irons burn hair, making them brittle, dry and lifeless. Dry your hair with a hair dryer only on rare occasions.
- If you need hair coloring, choose natural products such as henna, basma. If you use paint, then choose without ammonia. Such gentle products are offered by many manufacturers.
- Using various accessories, such as hairpins, hairpins, do not pinch curls. From constant rigid fixation, the hair follicles can become inflamed, which can cause hair loss.
- If dandruff appears on the scalp, it is necessary to get rid of it. This is a disease that also causes hair loss.
- Use the right tools. After washing your hair, always use conditioners that suit your type. Masks can be bought in stores or cooked by yourself.
Is prevention effective?
The issue is relevant for many. If the loss is not due to serious reasons (body diseases, hormonal disruptions, genetics), preventive measures may well solve it. It is better to start hair care before they signal for help.
If the loss has already begun, you need to analyze your lifestyle. Often bad habits and poor nutrition contribute to the deterioration of the body, as a result, the loss of hair.
When you switch to the right lifestyle, hair condition improves. If all your activities have not led to a positive result, a trip to the doctor can not be avoided. The faster you do it, the less loss it will cost.
How to prevent hair loss at home?
Consider the main preventive measures:
- Head hygiene. It is important not to overdo it. It is impossible to answer unequivocally how many times you need to wash your hair. It is necessary to wash as it becomes soiled.
For washing, it is better to choose soft, non-aggressive shampoos. Moreover, the selection of shampoo is a very important issue. It should match your hair type: for oily, dry or normal. With the right selection, the hairstyle will have a large volume, which everyone dreams of.
Head Wash Procedure - mandatory measure. It maintains cleanliness and removes excess grease and dirt from the scalp. Infections and fungi cannot spread.
But if you do this too often, you may get a negative result. The scalp will be overdried by excessive washing, this will lead to brittle hair and hair loss.
Good comb should be soft and made from natural materials. Plastic, but well bending, is also suitable. Categorically avoid metal combs. The teeth should not be too close and straight.
The main thing is to comb your hair correctly. Almost everyone does it from top to bottom, it is necessary - from the inside out. In this case, a head massage occurs, which has a beneficial effect on the roots. It is better to avoid combing wet hair. Head massage necessary to enhance blood circulation. It warms the skin and improves blood circulation. The bulb receives at this moment enhanced nutrition and the recovery process normalizes.
The duration of the massage should be about 10 minutes. When massaging the scalp it is recommended to use essential oils. They increase blood flow to the hair follicles.
Proper nutrition is one of the most important measures in the prevention of hair loss. A balanced diet rich in vitamins, minerals and other beneficial substances can improve the condition of not only hair, but the whole body.
All kinds of diets only worsen our condition. In pursuit of a beautiful figure, we lose the beauty of our hair.
Should exclude foods that can cause allergies from your diet: nuts, chocolate, also spicy and fatty foods, pastries, sweets, reduce salt intake.
Quit smoking and alcohol altogether.
For the density of hair, it is very good to use products that contain animal proteins - the building material for hair. Beef, poultry, fish, all dairy products are required in the diet. To give shine to hair consumption of vegetable oils and seeds.
Compliance with all preventive measures for hair loss helps to reduce their loss, improve the condition.
The effects of harmful factors on the hair. What damages hair?
In addition to problems with the body, there are a number of factors that badly affect the condition of the hair, cause loss, dryness, itching, cross-section. And if you want to have a healthy hair length, try to minimize the impact of these factors:
- Frequent hair coloring
- Blow dryer, ironing, curling iron
- Coarse laying (pile, frequent use of styling products)
- Ultraviolet (causes damage to all hair structures, do not neglect headgear while in the sun)
- Temperature differences (frost in the yard, and dry air in the room)
- Combing a low-quality comb
- Hair friction
- Hair washing (water of poor quality, which contains harmful metals, affects hair very badly)
- Blunt scissors
All these factors have a bad effect on the general condition of the hair, if you minimize them, then you will already take care of the health of your hair.
Lack of vitamins, macro - and micronutrients
Lack of vitamins, macro - and microelements may well cause hair loss, especially in spring and autumn. But, for this you need to pass tests and determine what exactly your body lacks.
Vitamins of group B, vitamin D, A, E, C, zinc, iron, magnesium, iodine, sulfur, copper, silicon, selenium have an effect on hair.
Various chronic diseases, gastrointestinal problems, hormonal imbalance, antibiotics
In spring and autumn, all chronic diseases worsen and can cause hair loss.
The relationship between hair loss and gastrointestinal problems, although indirect, exists: in the intestine, the absorption of nutrients of vitamins and minerals occurs, that is, with intestinal diseases there may be a deficiency of vitamins that causes hair problems.
Even taking antibiotics can lead to hair loss, so if you have been prescribed them, you can immediately begin to strengthen the hair, and not wait until the hair begins to fall out.
There are no magic pills that relieve hair loss. Basically, these are preparations containing complexes of vitamins and minerals necessary to maintain healthy hair.
Vitamins A, C, E, F, B vitamins, trace elements: iron, calcium, magnesium, selenium, zinc are the main ingredients of these drugs. They help only with the correct appointment and adherence to the course of administration: from 2 or more months.
pros: Saturate the body with vitamins and nutrients.
Minuses: Hypervitaminosis may occur - an excess of vitamins. Some drugs may have side effects.
Improper hair care
Often we can’t even determine what type of hair we have and, accordingly, we can’t correctly choose the daily hair care (below will be about the types of hair and the features of care for each of them). You can also go to the hairdresser, who will help you with the selection of care and say that you must be present in it.
If you started treatment, then the result should not be expected earlier than after 3-6 months, this is due to the phases of hair growth. There are three phases to hair growth:
- anagen - growth phase,
- catagen - a phase of degradation or regression (hair follicles go into "sleep" mode),
- telogen is the resting phase, the hair falls out, and the released follicles prepare for the production of new hair.
Normally, most of the hair, and this is about 80%, should be in anagen, 2-3% in catagen and a maximum of 15% in telogen. It is at the last stage of growth that a person loses his 50-100 hair every day.
Creams, lotions and shampoos
Main the goal is to make hair follicles work to prevent hair loss. Shampoos from hair loss are aimed at irritating the scalp and its nutrition. The result is improved blood flow and the supply of useful elements to the hair bulb.
pros: Nutrition of hair and scalp, hygiene, easy access to use.
Minuses: May occur due to improper shampoo selection or too frequent use.
The easiest and most effective way available to everyone at home. The composition of the mask is formed from natural components: oils, herbs, vitamins.
The mask is aimed at strengthening and nourishing the hair follicle. Keep the mask from 20 minutes to two hours, depending on the composition. Wash it off with warm water using a mild shampoo.
pros: Nutrition of hair and scalp, accessibility.
Minuses: May occur only if the components are not correctly selected: allergic reaction.
1 tip. Choose a vitamin complex for hair
Before taking dietary supplements, you need to take tests and see what the body lacks. Based on the analyzes and drugs are selected. You can also buy complex vitamins to improve hair condition. Complex preparations can be taken in a short course of 1-3 months, without passing tests, to enhance hair growth, structure and in general for general body attachment.
Not recommended themselves:
- Vitamins Solgar Skin, Nails, Hair
- Now Foods, Solutions, Hair, Skin & Nails
- Life Extension, Two-Per-Day Tablets
- Merz special dragee for hair
- Vitamins Revalid for hair
- Pantovigar for hair
- Perfectil Hair Complex
- Priorin Vitamins for Hair
- Hair Vitamins "Maxi-Hair" from Country Life
They are an alternative to drugs. Homeopathic remedies should be prescribed by a doctor.
pros: This tool is inexpensive, affordable, not addictive.
Minuses: Long-term treatment for hair loss. Strict adherence to dosage when consumed.
2 tip. Establish a balanced diet and connect physical activity
The hair follicle has a very active metabolism, and therefore, many nutrients are required to maintain its functions. Ideally, we get all the necessary nutrients from food. Therefore, for healthy hair you need to eat fully and regularly.
Diets, unbalanced nutrition affect protein deficiency (the main building material for hair), fatty acids, vitamins, micro and macro elements. And an excess of carbohydrates (simple) can also lead to a deterioration in the condition of the hair. Try to remove “food garbage” from your diet to the maximum, I’m not saying that you completely abandon all your favorite foods and dishes, just try to include healthy hair products in your diet at least every day, to derive your norm of proteins, fats and carbohydrates and try not to overeat.
3 tip. Plug masks to strengthen hair
Today, there are procedures that are aimed at reducing hair loss, stimulating growth and comprehensive hair restoration. The most effective are plasmolifting and mesotherapy. But, do not forget about home masks that strengthen and stimulate hair growth, nourish and improve blood circulation.
However, there is no single recipe for everyone, because everyone has their own characteristics: structure, type of hair, sebaceous glands, so we have collected for you the most popular homemade masks for hair loss.
The course of all home masks is approximately the same, from 10 to 15 procedures, with a frequency of 2-3 times a week.
- 2 tablespoons of pepper tincture,
- 1 tablespoon of castor oil or mustard oil,
- 5 drops of bay essential oil.
The mask is done on dry hair, before washing, but so that there are no styling agents on the hair (varnish, foam). Heat castor oil in a water bath, add pepper tincture and essential oil to it. Apply a mask to the scalp along partings, insulate and leave from 40 minutes to 1 hour. The mask should warm and pinch. If you have dry hair, you can apply your favorite base oil to the ends. Then wash your hair as usual using shampoo and a purchased mask.
The mask is well suited for oily scalp
- 1 tablespoon of white clay,
- 1/2 tablespoon of water,
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey
- 1 yolk
- 5-8 drops of bay oil essential oil (rosemary, ylang-ylang, tea tree, pine, cinnamon, these are excellent essential oils for hair loss).
Clay should be diluted with water, add the yolk, drip essential oil on honey and add to the rest of the mixture. Apply the mask to the scalp along the partings, insulate for 20-30 minutes, then wash your hair as usual with the obligatory use of a balm or mask. It is enough to do the mask once a week so as not to dry the scalp.
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon (powder),
- 1 tablespoon of sea buckthorn oil,
- 1 tablespoon of hemp oil,
- 5-8 drops of cinnamon essential oil.
Mix all the ingredients in a glass bowl, can be heated in a water bath. Apply the mask on the scalp from 30 minutes to 1 hour, it is advisable to insulate (with plastic wrap or a shower cap, and put a hat or towel on top), rinse off the mask with shampoo.
4 tip. Review Your Hair Care
The main criteria for choosing hair care products are the type of scalp and the type of hair length (core). It’s not difficult to find the right products if you know your hair type.
There are such types of hair:
- Normal skin + normal hair
- Normal skin + dry hair
- Dry skin + dry hair
- Oily skin + normal hair
- Oily skin + dry hair
Normal skin + normal hair
This is the perfect combination, it is worth striving for, and so what care:
- shampooing once every 2-3 days, shampoo will suit almost any
- the use of peeling (scrub) once every 2 weeks (you can deeply cleansing shampoo)
- Balm, conditioner after each wash (series: moisturizing, nourishing, shine)
- Masks 1 time per week: moisturizing, nourishing, smoothing, sometimes it is possible to restore shine
Normal skin + dry hair
- shampooing 1 time 2-3 days, alternate shampoos: soft, sulfate-free
- the use of peeling (scrub) once every 2 weeks (you can deeply cleansing shampoo)
- balm, conditioner after each wash, it is possible with silicones, they are indispensable for dry hair length
- masks 1-2 times a week: restoring, nourishing
Dry skin + dry hair
Although rare, but this type of hair is also found, it requires careful delicate care:
- shampoo 1-2 times a week, mild shampoos, for sensitive scalp, neutral
- the use of peeling (scrub) once every 3-4 weeks (you can deeply cleanse shampoo) and then if the scalp normally transfers them
- balm, conditioner after each wash, it is possible with silicones
- masks 1-2 times a week: regenerating, nourishing, moisturizing
Oily skin + normal hair
- shampooing daily or every other day, shampoo marked "for oily hair"
- the use of peeling (scrub) 1-2 times a week (you can deeply cleansing shampoo)
- balm, conditioner after each wash
- masks 1-2 times a week: nourishing, moisturizing, for volume
Oily skin + dry hair
- shampooing daily or every other day, with shampoo marked "for oily hair", sometimes you can use neutral shampoo
- the use of peeling (scrub) 1-2 times a week (you can deeply cleansing shampoo)
- balm, conditioner after each wash, it is possible with silicones
- masks 2 times a week: regenerating, nourishing, moisturizing
In each type of hair, additional care must be present. Oils, fluids, creams for hair ends. Thermal protection before each blow dryer, in the form of a cream, spray. Courses of serum, tonics for strengthening hair.
Based on these types, you can choose your daily care.
5 tip. Hair protection
Whatever season, whatever type of hair you have, whether your hair is healthy or damaged, they all need protection and it’s very bad that we pay so little attention to it.
The phrase "hair protection" means:
- hair protection before applying a hair dryer, ironing, curling iron. You must have thermal protection in your arsenal of hair products.
- protection of hair from the sun. If you spend a lot of time in the sun in the summer, be sure to protect your hair from ultraviolet radiation, use special sun protection products: shampoo, mask, spray, oil, every professional brand has such a series and of course we don’t forget about headgear.
- protection of hair from the wind. In windy weather, it is better to braid your hair so that it does not get tangled or damaged.
- protection of hair from sea and chlorinated water. Ideally, of course, do not wet your hair, but this does not always work, so do not forget about intensive hair care, use masks, sprays and oils to protect your hair.
- hair protection in the winter. In the cold season, be sure to wear a hat. From exposure to low temperature, the vessels of the scalp contract, the hair does not receive proper nutrition, and the likelihood that the hair will simply begin to fall out increases.
- protection of hair from temperature changes. From temperature extremes (cold air outside and warm dry indoors), hair loses moisture, which carries a lot of consequences. An air humidifier at this time of the year will not be superfluous.
You can stop the loss process only by eliminating its cause ...
Male pattern baldness prevention
How to prevent hair loss in men? Listen to the following tips:
- Take special vitamins for men. They are balanced precisely taking into account the needs of the male body.
- Wear thin woolen hats. If the weather allows, it is better to just put on a hood.
- Use special laser combs.
- Choose high-quality cosmetics for hair care.
Hair Loss Prevention Products
The health of the hair is affected by the foods and vitamins that we eat. Here are the top 10 products useful for hair.
Fish and seafood. They contain phosphorus, zinc, iodine and healthy fats. In addition, fish has a lot of vitamin B12 and iron, which are also necessary for nourishing hair.
Nuts. Hair-strengthening selenium is found in Brazil nuts. Walnut is rich in alpha-linolenic acid, which improves hair condition. A lack of zinc leading to hair loss will help make up for cashews, pecans, and almonds.
Green vegetables. Hair needs substances contained in green vegetables and leaves - vitamins A and C, calcium and iron.
Poultry meat. Turkey and chicken meat is very rich in protein. It also contains iron.
The eggs. Eggs can be called super sources of protein, no matter in what form. They contain the necessary biotin.
Zucchini. This vegetable must be stored in the dark so that vitamin C is not destroyed in it. Equally important is the fact that zucchini contains potassium and silicon, due to which the hair will not be split.
Whole Grain Used for baking bread or making cereals, whole grains enrich products with minerals and vitamins, strengthening hair. The most beneficial for hair will be B vitamins and zinc, which are found in cereals.
Oysters. Perfectly nourish and strengthen hair and oysters due to the high content of zinc and a secret ingredient - a powerful antioxidant.
Milk products. Yogurt is not only a convenient snack, but also a very useful product for strengthening hair. Due to the content of whey, casein and calcium in dairy products, they perfectly strengthen the hair.
Carrot. Everyone knows that vitamin A, carotene, is found in large quantities in carrots. In addition to a positive effect on vision, it also affects the condition of the scalp. And the healthier the skin, the better the hair will feel.
Vitamins for strengthening hair
Do you have hair loss? How to prevent it? Nutrition is certainly the norm, but vitamins must be present in the diet.
Vitamin A. Prevent loss, improve growth, strengthen roots.
Vitamins of group B. Make hair shiny and help in their growth.
Vitamin C. Provides hair follicles with nutrition due to good skin circulation.
Vitamin E. With a shortage of hair, the hair can begin to split, break and fall out. Essential for shine.
Vitamin PP. Improves the nutrition of follicles, strengthens, stimulates hair growth.
Shampoos for care
In addition to products, it is worth at least carefully choosing the choice of cosmetics. And the main one is shampoo that prevents hair loss. First of all, it should suit you by type. Consider the most common.
Vichy Dercos. Firming, against hair loss. Professional line with aminexil - a molecule that fights against prolapse. Strengthens the hair shaft and hair follicle. Prevents hardening of collagen, which keeps curls flexible and elastic.
Alerana. Against loss, to stimulate growth. The Vertex company offers a series of products to prevent hair loss. There are lines for men and for women. You can choose the right shampoo, conditioner, spray, tonic, mask or vitamin and mineral complex for you. The composition of the products is different, depending on what type of hair the product is intended for: dry, normal, combination or oily.
"Fitoval". Strengthens hair, prevents hair loss. This formula was created by doctors and pharmacists to care for brittle hair. The basis of shampoo is a unique natural complex.
There are other effective cosmetics to prevent hair loss. It is important to choose the one that is right for you.
Rules for using styling devices
Almost all women use a hair dryer, curling iron, or hair styling daily. If you can’t exclude these devices from everyday life, you should at least minimize their adverse effects, as they provoke hair loss. How to prevent such an unpleasant phenomenon? Stick to some rules:
- The device must have a temperature regulator. For thin hair, the temperature should be lower.
- The distance when drying with a hairdryer is at least 20 cm. It is better to dry your hair with a more powerful stream of cool air.
- The material from which the ironing or curling plates are made also matters. Ceramics are considered safer.
- When using a curling iron, wind the curls from the middle, and not from the ends.
- Be sure to use thermal protection.
Home Hair Loss Prevention
In addition to nutrition and proper care, do not neglect folk methods that strengthen hair. After all, the beauty of women's curls was always appreciated, and therefore our grandmothers were able to maintain them luxurious and healthy. How to prevent hair loss at home? Use the following folk remedies.
Oil mask. Burdock or castor oil is rubbed into the scalp, a plastic cap is put on for 30 minutes, then the mask is washed off with warm water and plenty of shampoo.
Egg yolk. Apply a few egg yolks to the scalp, rub thoroughly. Leave on for 30 minutes, then rinse with peppermint decoction.
Onion mask. The onion is grated, mixed with 1 tbsp. a spoonful of olive oil. Apply the mixture on the skin, massage for 15 minutes, then put on a hat and wrap your head in a towel for 30 minutes. Wash off the mask thoroughly.
Do you have hair loss? How to prevent? Listen to the following tips:
- Wash your hair with soft water, for this you can boil it with a small amount of soda. The temperature of the wash water should be 40-45 ° C. Do not dilute shampoo with water in a bottle.
- Use masks and conditioners. Balms and conditioners will not only make your hair more manageable and soft, but also protect them.
- Choose antistatic combs, they will prevent the appearance of dissected tips. Do not comb wet hair, they are very vulnerable.
All of the above tools and methods are very individual, so look for your effective method to combat hair loss. When you know what your curls need and provide them with these, they will certainly become your pride!
Manual exposure helps relieve stress, promotes heating, increases blood circulation. Movements in the direction of hair growth are performed. It should be used with essential oils. The duration of the massage should not be more than 10 minutes, do it better at night.
pros: It has a relaxing and calming effect for the whole body.
Minuses: May occur only if the massage is performed incorrectly.
This is not a chemical treatment. Low-intensity radiation stimulates the work of cellshelps to saturate the follicles with useful substances. The device is a helmet with a laser panel.
The patient feels only the outgoing heat. Absolutely harmless way. Sessions last about 10 minutes 2-3 times a week for 3 months.
pros: A harmless way to restore hair. Helps “wake up” hair follicles.
Minuses: Many doctors find it less effective.
Are used as decoctions, rubbing and masks. The most effective products are those that include honey, burdock oil, nettle, egg yolk, and brewer's yeast.
pros: Availability, harmlessness of the means used.
All of the above methods are preventive. But they can not always eliminate the cause that bothers us. If after trying to independently solve the problem of hair loss, the effect was not visible, you should seek the help of professionals.
First you need to conduct a survey: donate blood, make a certain diagnosis. When a disease is detected and its treatment is started on time, it is possible to prevent not only hair loss, but also the further development of this disease.
Hair is an indicator of our health. Falling out of the norm, they warn us. It is important to understand the reason for their loss at the time.