M indal milk - This is one of the most famous types of vegetable milk. It is made from sweet almonds. Almond milk can easily be obtained without heat treatment, so it is suitable for both vegan and raw food types. It is an excellent alternative to animal milk, for example, during fasting days or when dieting.
The benefits of almond milk:
- almond milk is saturated with macro- and microelements (Ca, Mg, P, Mn, Zn, Cu),
- contains vitamins A, E, B, C, PP, and is also rich in antioxidants,
- contains vitamin D, indispensable for strengthening bone structures and immunity in general,
- omega acids have a beneficial effect on the state of blood vessels, heart, normalize blood pressure,
- easy to digest and suitable for people with lactose intolerance and diabetes,
- very nutritious
- Almond milk drink helps in the treatment of cough, diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
Almond milk harm:
- you can’t use almond milk for people who are allergic to almonds,
- it’s important to reasonably limit its amount, since excessive consumption of foods saturated with proteins and fats can adversely affect the overall nutritional balance,
- almond milk is not equivalent to cow's milk; it is an alternative to milk flavor.
The use of almond milk
You can drink almond milk in its pure form or use it in the preparation of various dishes instead of animal milk. Not only milk itself is widely used, but also cake from it. Almond milk has a light milky-nutty taste.
Use almond milk to prepare both sweet and savory foods:
Almond cake can also be used in various dishes:
Almond milk composition
The value of a product is determined by its ingredients:
- vitamin B2 (riboflavin),
- Vitamin B4 (Choline)
- Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- vitamin B1 (thiamine),
- Vitamin D (Calciferol)
- Vitamin A (retinol equivalent)
- vitamin B3 (nicotinic acid),
- vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid),
- vitamin B6 (pyridoxine),
- Vitamin E (tocopherol)
- Cl (chlorine),
- Ca (calcium)
- Zn (zinc),
- Mn (Manganese),
- Cu (copper),
- Mg (magnesium),
- P (phosphorus)
- K (potassium)
- S (sulfur).
The taste of almond milk is soft. Characteristic is the similarity with ordinary milk. A distinctive feature - nutty notes.
The healing properties consist in the following aspects:
- increased strength of bones and teeth,
- strengthening muscle tissue
- the provision of a mild laxative effect,
- increased appetite
- activation of immune defense,
- normalization of the emotional background,
- a decrease in the likelihood of developing diabetes,
- healing effect on the digestive tract, kidneys,
- insomnia treatment
- vision improvement
- prostate cancer prevention (provided by an overwhelming effect on cancer cells),
- prevention of diseases of the cardiovascular system,
- supplementation of the course of treatment for cough, pneumonia,
- assistance with hypertension (use on an ongoing basis allows you to prevent relapse of the disease),
- an expanding and cleansing effect on blood vessels, increasing their strength and elasticity,
- dissolution of cholesterol plaques,
- increase muscle oxygen supply,
- acceleration of metabolic processes,
- enrichment of the body with valuable vitamin and mineral components.
The product is actively used in cosmetology.
This is due to the following useful properties:
- normalization of the sebaceous glands,
- providing a nourishing and cleansing effect,
- inhibition of age-related changes,
- smoothing out fine wrinkles,
- solution to the problem of increased dryness of the epidermis,
- protection against the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation.
Indisputable advantages of the product:
- pleasant taste and aromatic properties,
- ease of cooking at home,
- the possibility of long-term storage at room temperature (the feature allows you not to worry about the quality of the product on the road, in nature),
- low calorie content (aspect ensures the safety of use in the presence of excess weight),
- lack of cholesterol and lactose.
Use by children
The benefit for the child is due to the high calcium content (dairy products of animal origin are characterized by a lower concentration), and the contained calciferol (vitamin D) ensures the digestibility of this microelement.
Such compositional features are manifested in the following aspects:
- ensuring normal growth,
- increased strength of bones and teeth,
- a positive effect on the hair.
The minus for the child's body is a low concentration of ascorbic acid. A full transfer of the infant to this product may manifest itself in the development of scurvy.
The recommended age for the introduction of nut milk in the diet of crumbs is 1 year and older. The possibility of use before this time is agreed with the pediatrician.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The use of almond milk while carrying a child leads to the manifestation of the following positive effects:
- ensuring emotional balance, improving sleep quality and stress tolerance,
- enrichment of the body with vitamin-mineral components (the need for them during pregnancy increases),
- prevention of abnormalities in the development of the fetus (provided by the contained folic acid),
- normalization of the intestines (obstructed stools - a common problem in pregnant women),
- ensuring the normal formation of the skeleton of the child (the property manifests itself due to calcium and calciferol),
- prevention of excessive weight gain.
Newly mothers should use almond milk with caution. You need to start with a small amount.
A possible period of manifestation of side effects is up to 2 days. If a negative reaction has not been identified, you can proceed to a regular, but moderate intake.
With breast milk, part of the valuable components enter the body of the baby. The effect shown is similar to that described above.
It is possible to extract therapeutic benefits from the product for certain health problems.
Any milk has an alkaline nature. This feature allows it to neutralize acids. A similar product from almonds is no exception.
Several sips of the drink counteract the increased acidity in the esophagus and stomach.
Fiber contained in a nutty drink has the following properties:
- digestion normalization
- mild treatment and prevention of obstructed stools,
- cleansing effect on the intestines.
The maximum single dose to achieve the goal is 400 milliliters. It should be taken twice a day.
Sufficient efficiency can occur with smaller volumes.
Eat a nutty drink with the following recommendations:
- take warm
- can be combined with honey and butter,
- after eating, it is advisable to refrain from talking and eating for half an hour.
In the treatment of cough, the product plays a supporting role and is used as a supplement to the prescribed therapeutic regimen.
Almonds and its derivatives are rich in magnesium. The use of this microelement relaxes and helps relieve muscle tension.
To improve the quality of sleep, it is enough to drink a glass of pure product in the evening.
An alternative is the preparation of dishes / drinks based on the milk in question, the use of whole nuts or sandwiches with almond oil.
A common cause of skin rashes is the excessive production of sebaceous secretion and clogging of pores with it. Almond milk is rich in fatty acids.
They are characterized by the property of normalizing the work of the corresponding glands. The result is the elimination of the root cause of acne.
The product is found in ready-made cosmetics. At home, you can use it like this:
- Grind baby soap with a fine grater,
- Combine the resulting gruel with almond milk (proportions - 1 gram per 100 milliliters),
- Use to wipe the skin.
- The cake from the preparation of the drink is combined with egg white,
- Apply on skin
- Leave for 1/6 hours,
- Repeat every week.
The use of the product in question can be not only useful, but also tasty.
Preparation is reduced to the following sequence of steps:
- Combine the ingredients in a ratio of 3 tablespoons of dry base to 200 milliliters of liquid,
- Complement the duo with your favorite foods (possible examples: any nuts, dried fruits, coconut, cocoa powder, chopped fresh fruits and berries),
- To stand a third of an hour in the refrigerator (you can leave it overnight, with prolonged insistence, the taste is more saturated)
- If desired, add honey / syrup to the finished dish.
The recipe is especially useful for overweight people: the main value of Spanish sage seeds is to accelerate metabolic processes.
For the purpose of losing weight, a treat is used as a separate dish.
There are many variations of the drink. They are determined by the fruits used, berries and their combinations. Honey and natural syrups are used as sweeteners.
An additional commonly used ingredient is freshly squeezed lemon juice.
One popular option is a banana-raspberry smoothie.
The drink is prepared as follows:
- Peel one banana, cut into slices of a centimeter wide, place in the freezer for a third of an hour,
- Grind 50 grams of fresh raspberries to remove small seeds (when using a frozen product, the volume should be increased by 1.5 times and pre-defrosted),
- Combine 50 milliliters of almond milk, banana, raspberry puree,
- Beat the trio with a blender until smooth,
- Add honey and freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste.
- Proceed to use (depending on the density obtained, you can use a straw or dessert spoon).
The treat can be used as a separate fortified meal.
A classic breakfast for slimness is presented by oatmeal. It can be steamed with water, cow's milk. However, it is preferable to use the product in question.
You can prepare a delicious porridge as follows:
- Pour almond milk into the pan,
- Add oatmeal (proportions - 3 tablespoons per 200 milliliters) and a pinch of salt,
- Strain for 2 minutes
- During this time, grate the apple and add the resulting gruel to the pan,
- Cook for another 5 minutes,
- Put on a plate,
- Garnish with dried fruits, nuts, if desired.
Self-made almond milk recipe
At home, the product in question is prepared as follows:
- Stock up on fresh nuts
- Rinse them thoroughly,
- Combine with water,
- Leave for swelling (it will take about 8-10 hours),
- Remove fluid
- Pour the raw material with boiling water and hold in it for a quarter of an hour (the stage will allow you to get rid of the husk),
- Separate the peeled nuts,
- Pour them with water (its amount should be three times the initial volume of almonds),
- Using a blender to achieve a homogeneous duet,
- Squeeze out the thick with a thick cloth.
How to use almond milk meal?
The remaining cake is often perceived as unnecessary waste. This is actually a source of fiber, vitamins B and E.
Possible use cases:
- addition to salads, cereals, drinks,
- obtaining almond flour (from dried raw materials),
- cooking plaster for sandwiches, cheeses.
You can store the cake:
- in the refrigerator in a tightly closed jar for 4 days,
- in the freezer for a long period.
Almond milk powder
The product is a worthy alternative to the finished product and has several advantages:
- quick and easy preparation of the drink (it is enough to combine and thoroughly mix water and powder,
- you can use both cold and hot liquid),
- convenience of storage and transportation,
- preparation of any required quantity (from the smallest volumes),
- long shelf life.
Refuse the use of almond milk should be in the presence of individual intolerance. The rest of the drink is safe.
When buying a finished product, you should pay attention to its composition. All kinds of nutritional supplements can harm the body. Carrageenan is the most common example.
A side effect of its use consists in the following aspects:
- increased likelihood of developing malignant neoplasms,
- negative effect on the heart and gastrointestinal tract.
A daily cup of almond milk is the key to taste pleasure.
A nice bonus is the healing effect on many organs and systems of the human body, the therapeutic effect on a number of existing diseases.
Nuts are high in calories, but milk made from them is a dietary product that helps women lose weight or maintain their current weight. In one cup of almond milk, about 60 Kcal versus 146 Kcal in the same amount of cow.
The product helps to maintain youth, positively affects the appearance:
- Due to the content of vitamins A and E, almond milk improves skin condition, reduces the severity of wrinkles, and slows down aging. Also, the product minimizes the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation when relaxing on the beach and visiting tanning salons.
- A large number of natural antioxidants tocopherol and retinol in an almond drink enhance the production of collagen, which is responsible for the elasticity and youth of the skin.
- The abundance of B vitamins in milk stimulates hair growth, makes them stronger and thicker.
Almond milk also benefits men. The drink helps build muscle, so it is in demand among athletes and those who simply work out in the gym.
This effect provides a sufficiently high content of iron in milk, which improves the supply of muscle fibers with oxygen. This is important for long workouts. Almond milk also has vitamin B2 and riboflavin, which is involved in protein synthesis.
Many children have lactose intolerance, which is why they cannot drink cow's milk. It can be replaced with an almond drink - provided that the child is not allergic to nuts.
You can enter milk in the children's diet from the age of 6-8 months, like any complementary foods. First you need to give the product a little - a teaspoon, gradually increasing the amount. After a couple of weeks, the child will improve sleep and normal stool.
For pregnant women, almond milk is an additional source of calcium and vitamin A, which prevents the risk of miscarriage. Folic acid contained in the product is necessary for the growth and development of the fetus. A sufficient amount of it in the mother’s body is especially important in the first trimester, when the laying of tissues and organs of the unborn child is underway. Deficiency of the substance is fraught with premature placental abruption, gestosis and other pregnancy complications.
Almond milk is well absorbed. Therefore, the inclusion of the product in the diet of a nursing mother has a positive effect on the baby:
- participates in the formation of muscles, teeth and bones,
- provides the correct development of vision,
- strengthens the immune system
- normalizes digestion.
You need to start drinking milk with small doses, tracking the reaction of the baby. If he has signs of an allergy, the product should be discarded immediately.
You can just drink almond milk or use it in the preparation of various dishes - not only sweet, but also salty:
- ice cream
- milk porridge
- almond cheese
- smoothies and yoghurts,
- creamy soups
Almond milk can easily replace cow in any recipe. The leftover nuts are added to the same dishes, as well as delicious bread, cakes, and muffins.
In haste, you can make a banana smoothie in almond milk with flax seeds.
Ingredients for preparing two servings:
- 2 bananas
- 5 tbsp. l soaked flaxseed,
- 2 tbsp. l almond milk
- 3 tbsp. l honey.
Seeds should be filled with a glass of water and left in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, drain water from them and grind in a blender. Then add the remaining components and beat again.
Another tasty and healthy recipe for almond milk is blanmange with coolie berry sauce.
- a glass of almond milk
- 200 g raspberries
- 2 tbsp. l sugar,
- vanilla pod
- 1 tsp agar agar
- powdered sugar.
Pour almond milk into the pan, add the vanilla bean, bring to a boil and turn off the stove. Add agar-agar, mix, arrange in tins and refrigerate. To prepare the coolie sauce, rub raspberries, add powdered sugar into it and cool. Then add to the blanmange - you get a low-fat and moderately sweet dessert.
Homemade Almond Milk Recipe
Almond milk can not be found in every store, and manufacturers often add preservatives. Therefore, it is better to make a drink with your own hands. This is not difficult, but you will need a few ingredients: almond kernels, water, optionally honey, vanillin or another sweetener.
Instructions on how to make almond milk at home:
- Pour the nuts with water in a ratio of 1: 3 and leave overnight to soak and swell.
- Scalp the almonds with boiling water, wait 15 minutes and remove the skin - it will depart easily after the manipulations. To make almond milk a pleasant cream shade, you need to lightly brown the nuts and use along with the peel.
- Pour the kernels with a glass of water and grind in a blender, it is better for several approaches for 10-15 minutes. To add spicy notes to the drink, you can mix the raw materials with dates, bananas or dried apricots.
- When the color becomes saturated, wrap the nuts in several layers of gauze and squeeze. You can sweeten with honey or vanilla, add cinnamon.
Possible harm and contraindications
Almonds are a strong allergen, therefore, milk from it should not be consumed with intolerance to nuts. With excessive use, a number of side effects are possible:
- heart rhythm disturbance,
- with thyroid diseases - the development of goiter.
Almond milk cannot replace breast milk for a newborn. It can only be introduced into the diet along with complementary foods. Milk contains sugar in the store milk, so you need to be careful with diabetes and overweight.
Selection and storage of almond milk
When choosing almond milk in a store, you must check the expiration date and integrity of the package, as well as carefully examine the composition. Manufacturers add preservatives to the product, sweeteners - the less they are, the more beneficial for health.
If carrageenan is present in the composition of milk from almonds, it is better not to take such a drink. This supplement can cause inflammation of the digestive tract, aggravate the course of stomach ulcers and some heart diseases.
Homemade almond milk can be stored in the refrigerator for no more than 1.5 days. It sours more slowly than a cow, so you can give it to your child with you to school, take it with you to train.
The benefits and harms of almond milk comes down to the fact that this is a worthy alternative to cow's, but there is a risk of an allergic reaction. The drink normalizes the functions of the stomach and intestines, improves the condition of the skin and hair. The product is low-calorie, does not contain lactose and cholesterol. You can replace cow's almond milk in any recipes, add it to coffee, tea and drink in pure form. A soft nutty flavor and a light consistency like many. Also, the product is widely used for cosmetic purposes - for washing, like skin lotion or hair balm.
Do not use almond milk for allergies to nuts and drink more than 200 g per day. Although the drink benefits children suffering from lactose intolerance, care should be taken when introducing it into the child’s diet.