Monday, March 5, 2018
A very interesting sauce that can be served with meat, fish and vegetables. Jack Daniel’s, which we will cook at home today, is a thick sweet icing sauce with a rich multi-faceted taste, a piquant aroma of whiskey, a pleasant aftertaste of hot pepper and baked garlic.
It is clear that the original Jack Daniel’s sauce recipe is hardly found on the Internet, so I offer you the one that I personally tested and received positive reviews in the family. A few words about the necessary ingredients and dull to the preparation.
I took pineapple juice from the store, but without sugar. If you buy with sugar, you can reduce the amount of cane. Teriyaki sauce is homemade - the recipe is here. The amount of whiskey (and its brand) you can choose according to taste and means (it is not necessary to use Jack Daniel’s). The same goes for hot peppers.
Ready-made after cooling, Jack Daniel’s sauce thickens even more, so it is perfect for glazing meat. Barbecue pork ribs, beef and even chicken are in the best possible harmony with Jack Daniels sauce - it makes the crust even rouge and more appetizing.
Cooking in steps:
To make Jack Daniel’s homemade sauce, we need the following ingredients: pineapple juice, drinking water, soy sauce, Teriyaki sauce, cane sugar, lemon juice, onions, garlic, whiskey, potato starch, and hot peppers.
First you need to bake the garlic (turn on the bask oven 180-190 degrees). To do this, take 2 large heads (not cloves, namely heads). Remove the husk so that the cloves do not fall apart.
We wrap each head in food foil.
We send in a hot oven to bake for 30-40 minutes at 180-190 degrees. The cooking time of garlic may differ from the specified - it depends on the size of the heads and the characteristics of the oven. As a result, the garlic should become soft (for this, just pierce it with a toothpick - it should go in easily).
While the garlic is baking, pour the pineapple juice, soy sauce, Teriyaki sauce, water, lemon juice into a suitable saucepan or stewpan. Add brown sugar and bitter pepper (you can use dry ground). We put the dishes on the fire above average, stirring, bring to a boil. We wait until sugar is completely dissolved. Then reduce the heat to small and cook the sauce, stirring occasionally.
At this time, we clean the onion and cut it into a small cube.
Jack Daniel’s Sauce from Fr Restaurant Recipe>
Cut off the top and bottom of the garlic. Remove the top husk, but so that the garlic does not fall apart. Sprinkle with oil, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 1 hour at 160 degrees. Remove from oven and let cool.
Combine water, pineapple juice, teriyaki, soy sauce and brown sugar in a small ladle over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring, then reduce the heat to low.
Add all other ingredients and mix.
Squeeze 2 tablespoons of baked garlic and add to the sauce.
Keep on low heat for 35–45 minutes, or until the sauce is reduced by 2 times - it should be thick and syrupy.
Do you like the recipe? Subscribe to us in Yandex Zen.
By subscribing, you can see more tasty and healthy recipes. Go and subscribe.
Jack Daniels whiskey recipe at home
- two pots up to 30 liters,
- warm blanket,
- measuring bowl and kitchen scale,
- 65 liter plastic barrel
- water seal
- distillation moonshine still
- a glass bottle with a volume of at least 10 liters,
- multilayer gauze.
List of required ingredients
|corn grits (ground)||7-7.2 kg|
|Rye flour||700-720 g|
|barley malt (ground, white)||1.2-1.3 kg|
|water (well or spring)||36-39 l|
|pressed yeast for cereals||144-150 g|
|burnt oak wood chips||15-20 g|
- Barley malt can be purchased at online stores or at major grocery grocery markets. The main thing to pay attention to is that the product was dry and finely crushed. The density of the taste of alcohol directly depends on its quality, and also it is responsible for the characteristic pleasant aroma and dark amber color of the drink.
- To make homemade alcohol as close as possible to the original, you must use either welleither spring water, since such a liquid does not differ in extraneous odors and smacks. Never dilute the distillate with boiled or distilled liquid. In extreme cases, you can add purchased artesian water, which goes through several degrees of purification.
- We put a large pot on a strong fire and pour about 12-15 liters of spring water into it. Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Pour 7-7.2 kg of corn grits into boiling liquid and reduce the heat to a minimum. With constant stirring, evaporate all the starch from the cereal. This will take about 10-12 minutes.
- Pour 24 liters of water into a separate pan and heat it somewhere to 90-95 degrees.
- Pour 700-720 g of rye flour into a boiling liquid, boil a little and add the corn corn.
- All ingredients are thoroughly mixed and removed from the heat.
- We send the pan to a warm, windproof place, cover it with a lid and wrap it well in a warm blanket.
- When the resulting mass cools down to 72 degrees, add 1.2-1.3 kg of barley malt there in small portions.
- Again, mix the ingredients as thoroughly as possible, wrap the pan with a towel and leave it in this form for 10-12 hours. It is very important that the temperature of 55-65 degrees is maintained for 1.5-2 hours.
- We first disinfect a large plastic barrel with water and iodine, after which we carefully pour the contents of the pan into it.
- Now you need to cool the prepared mixture to 28-30 degrees. In order to cool the mass faster, I advise you to first put a five-liter plastic container with cold water in the freezer. Then you need to cut off the plastic, and lower the ice into a barrel of hot grain mass.
- We grow yeast in the amount of 144-150 g in a separate bowl, following the instructions on the package.
- Add sparkling yeast to the cooled mixture, then close the barrel with a lid and install a water seal.
- Leave the mass to "roam" for 5-7 days.
- The liquid that has ceased to “play” is drained from the sediment and poured into the distillation moonshine.
- In the standard way, we begin the first distillation without fractionation. As a result of the crude alcohol, approximately 11 liters are obtained. My liquid strength was 38 revolutions, so we dilute it with spring water to obtain a fortress of 30 revolutions.
- Then we pour the obtained liquid into the distillation cube and begin the second distillation, this time with separation into fractions.
- When the temperature in the distillation cube reaches approximately 70-73 degrees, the “head” will begin to emerge, and pour the first 10-12% into the sink, since the effluent contains harmful impurities. The "head" is very easy to recognize by an unpleasant strong odor similar to acetone.
- When the temperature in the cube increases to 82 degrees, the exit of the “body” will begin. This is the desired long-awaited food fraction, while the heating can be increased.
- When the temperature in the cube increases to 95 degrees, “tails” will start to come out, which contain fusel oils. The peculiarity of the upcoming whiskey is that the “tails” in no case should fall into the future whiskey. The final result is as follows: “heads” - 430-450 ml, “body” - 3.2 liters with a strength of 85 revolutions and almost 1 liter of “tails” with a strength of 45-46 revolutions.
- We breed the “body” with spring water until a fortress of 43-45 turns is obtained.
- Pour oak chips in the amount of 15-20 g into a deep bowl and pour boiling water so that the wood is completely covered with liquid.
- We leave the wood in this form to infuse for half an hour.
- We drain the liquid and wash the chips with cold water.
- Pour the “body” diluted with water into a large glass bottle and lower the prepared wood there.
- We close the bottle tightly and send it to a dark, warm place without drafts for about one and a half to two months. Every two days, open the lid and let the liquid “breathe” for about 17-20 minutes.
- The finished infused product is filtered through a multilayer gauze and poured into glass bottles.
Jack Daniels whiskey recipe video at home
In order to more thoroughly figure out how to make Jack Daniels whiskey with your own hands at home, I propose to watch a detailed recipe in a three-part video. On roller skates, an experienced and smart winemaker will demonstrate the entire process of making alcohol to the smallest detail, share his vast experience and tell some secrets that will help prevent fatal errors.
Part 1 "Cooking Mash":
Part 2 "Distillation":
Part 3 “Tasting”:
- If you do not have the opportunity to purchase ground malt, then you can grind it yourself. For this purpose, a food processor, a powerful blender or an automatic coffee grinder are perfect.
- Fermentation should occur exclusively in a dry, warm and quiet place, devoid of absolutely any pungent odors. The fact is that the leaven has the ability to absorb foreign odors and reacts very negatively to vibrations and noises.
- How to install a water lock? We make a small hole in the container lid, then we pass one end of the hose through the hole and place it in the cereal mixture. The other end of the hose is lowered into a jar or glass filled with clean cold water. This design allows carbon dioxide, which is produced by yeast, to leave the mash.
- In order to drain the fermented mass from the sediment, I recommend turning the barrel with the fermenting mixture upside down and placing it on the surface of the container into which it is necessary to drain the liquid mash. In this case, the drain hole is best covered with multi-layer gauze, and in one and a half to two hours all the liquid will merge without unnecessary sediment.
- If you decide to purchase an original alcoholic drink and compare it with the taste of a home-made product, then I advise you to familiarize yourself with the original “Jack Daniels bottle”, this will help you avoid buying a low-quality fake.
- In order to give a worthy assessment and to be able to feel the whole multifaceted rich bouquet of the taste and smell of elite alcohol, it is necessary to strictly follow the canonical rules for drinking and to find out how to drink Jack Daniels properly.
- I advise the fair sex to start with —honey Jack Daniels—. Soft alcohol strikes with a pronounced honey taste and sweetish aroma with hints of burnt caramel. In addition, the enveloping, long-lasting fruity aftertaste will not let you forget about yourself for a long time.
- I also want to draw your attention to —Jack Daniels Fire—. This is a whiskey with a charming, balanced sweet aroma with notes of caramel, cinnamon and burnt oak, as well as famous for its rich flavor, successfully combining light shades of wood smoke, fresh fruit and spicy cinnamon.
Now you know everything about how Jack Daniels is made at home according to a laborious, but not too complicated recipe. Ask questions, if any, and I will certainly give a comprehensive answer.
Jack Daniels sauce is not just so familiar to many. Agree, high-quality whiskey of the same name is considered one of the best in its price category. An alcoholic beverage and sauce have the same producer. Due to its unique composition and original taste, the product is rightfully considered a classic of meat cuisine.
Those who tried the Jack Daniels sauce for the first time probably remembered it for a long time. He is able not only to supplement any dish and make it “play” in a completely new way, but also to hide all the imperfections of roasting meat or fish. Its uniqueness lies in the mixing of components in perfect proportions, and each ingredient has its own unique taste and aroma. Even if the meat turned out to be a little raw or, on the contrary, overdried, it can hide Jack Daniels sauce. How to cook it at home? There are quite a few recipes that perfectly repeat the original. And some of them make their own special "highlight".
Few people know that the world-famous Jack Daniels company specializes not only in the production of the popular alcoholic beverage - whiskey, but also has a culinary manufacturing industry where unique additives for various types of meat and barbecue are being developed. The production line includes quite a few sauces that differ in purpose and taste. The idea of making the additives in question came to the owners of the company because of the many positive reviews sent regarding the use of branded whiskey as a marinade. After that, the development of original vintage sauces was brought to life.
Classic BBQ Sauce Recipe
Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce is fairly easy to make on your own, with the following ingredients on hand:
- One glass of orange juice.
- 2 tbsp. spoons of the same name whiskey.
- Half a glass of brown sugar.
- Allspice black pepper.
- 3 tbsp. tablespoons of onion (grated).
- 3 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- One Art. a spoon of pineapple puree.
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of soy sauce.
- ¼ cup of Japanese teriyaki.
- Half a glass of water.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
"Jack Daniels". Cooking
How to make Jack Daniels sauce as close as possible to the original? To do this, you should be guided by only one rule - to strictly observe the proportions and sequence of actions. The first thing you need is to heat the pan without adding oil. On it, it is necessary to heat the unpeeled garlic to a mild state. Then the husk is removed, and the pulp is mashed to the consistency of mashed potatoes.
The second stage - mixing in a saucepan prepared garlic with lemon juice, orange, pineapple puree, soy and teriyaki sauces. In addition, you must add whiskey, pepper, chopped onions and cane sugar. All this must be cooked on low heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Estimated time is about 30 minutes. After half an hour, the mass should become quite thick. Jack Daniels sauce, the recipe of which is described above, can be safely stored in a cool place for about a week without losing its taste and freshness of the product. It is served in neat little bowls.
Recipe with pineapple, cayenne pepper and teriyaki sauce
Another variation in the preparation of the sauce, which has an incredibly pleasant taste and aroma, came to our country from the United States. The list of ingredients is as follows:
- soy sauce - one tbsp. spoon,
- 2 teaspoons Jack Daniels whiskey,
- pineapple juice - one glass,
- cayenne hot pepper - 0.5 tsp
- one glass of water
- olive oil - one teaspoon,
- finely chopped pineapple slices - 2 teaspoons,
- teriyaki - 50 ml,
- brown sugar - 300 g
- lemon juice - 2 tsp
- finely chopped onions - 4 teaspoons,
- one head of garlic.
It is necessary to cut the lower part and the upper part from the garlic so that it does not fall apart. Further, it is sprayed with olive oil, covered with foil and baked at 160–170 degrees in the oven.The following ingredients are combined on a hob in a pot or ladle: soy sauce, water, sugar and teriyaki. All this is brought to a boil. In this case, it is necessary to continuously mix the mixture.
After boiling, all other components are added to the tank. Cooked garlic is squeezed out there. The sauce needs to be cooked for 40 minutes over low heat until it is reduced in volume by almost half. As a result, the mass should look like a thick syrup.
Original marinade for meat
In order to prepare an incredibly delicious barbecue marinade, unlike traditional, you need to buy the following components:
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- About 60 ml of quality whiskey.
- Worcester sauce - 1-2 drops.
- Soy sauce - 60 ml.
- Brown Sugar - 50 g.
- Dijon mustard - 60 ml.
- Ground black pepper.
- Ground green onion feathers - 60 g.
How to cook?
Jack Daniels marinade sauce, the recipe for which contains the same alcohol, is suitable for any type of meat. All fairly rare ingredients (Dijon mustard or Worcester sauce) can be found in any major grocery hypermarket.
Cooking includes the following simple steps:
- Mix mustard and green onions with soy sauce, add pepper, sugar and salt.
- Pour into the mixture and whiskey and mix thoroughly using a whisk.
The marinade is used immediately, it does not need to be insisted, etc. A certain part is put aside to lubricate the meat during the frying process on fire. You need to marinate meat in it for 10 hours (ideal for the night), shrimp and any other seafood - about 40 minutes.