In the complete absence of teeth, prosthetics are carried out with removable structures that are attached to the gums by suction. Such fixation is unreliable, therefore, they additionally use a special adhesive for dentures made of acrylic, plastic or nylon.
You can use such a tool for temporary fixation of bridges and crowns, with the destruction of cement.
Before applying glue, the prosthesis must be thoroughly cleaned of bacterial plaque using toothpaste and special disinfectants. Then the structure is washed under running water and wiped dry.
Glue for dentures along the entire length is spotted on the inner surface of the removable jaws. Do not squeeze out too much fixing agent so that it does not leak out from under the prosthesis. If necessary, wipe off excess drug with a napkin dipped in vegetable oil. The tube should be kept in an upright position, if it is difficult to extrude, the glue needs to be slightly warmed up in your hand or placed for a short while in warm water.
After that, the orthopedic construction is put on the gums and the mouth is tightly compressed for several minutes. For 15-30 minutes you can not eat and drink.
Before bedtime, bacterial plaque should be cleaned and dental fixing glue removed. With the help of such a tool, reliable fastening of prostheses to the alveolar process is achieved, mobility, food residues under the jaw are excluded.
You can use fixing agents only with healthy mucous membranes. If inflammation is present, appropriate treatment must first be performed.
Korega glue for removable dentures and crowns is available on the market in several ways. It is a neutral taste and extra strong fixation.
By filling the space between the gums and the jaw with Korega glue, food debris is excluded from the removable structure. This reduces the risk of gingivitis, stomatitis. Rubbing of the mucous membranes is reduced, reliable fixation is achieved.
Side effects of Korega glue:
- increased salivation
- violation of taste
- local allergic reactions.
If Korega glue for artificial teeth causes side effects, it must be replaced.
LACALUT dent cream for fixing dentures forms an elastic layer between the gums and removable structures. This reduces the rubbing of the mucous membranes. The tool helps to reliably fix the jaw for 24 hours, prevents the accumulation of bacterial plaque, food debris under the base.
Glue for artificial teeth LACALUT dent at home is applied to the wet surface of the structure. You can eat in 5 minutes after fixing.
PROTEFIX adhesive for fixing dentures is a reliable, inexpensive tool. With its help, removable structures hold tight during the day, hot or cold drinks do not disturb fixation.
The original design of the tube allows you to save money. It is applied to wet dentures after hygiene procedures. The product has a pleasant mint flavor, which allows you to keep fresh breath.
Contraindications include individual intolerance to the active components of the drug.
Adhesive for dentures and crowns Rox allows you to fix the orthopedic design at home for 12 hours. The tool protects the mucous membranes of the gums from injury, prevents food from getting under the base. Rox is not affected by high and low temperatures, that is, there is no fixation violation when using hot, cold dishes or drinks.
The product contains menthol extract, which helps refresh breath throughout the day. During use, local allergic reactions to the active components of the drug may occur. Redness, swelling, and gum itching are formed. In such cases, the dental product must be replaced.
FITTYDENT SUPE denture adhesive allows you to fix the structure for 10-12 hours. The composition of the product is not soluble in water or saliva. The use of this drug protects the gums from rubbing, the accumulation of bacterial plaque, the development of inflammatory processes.
Features of use
Today, adhesives for dentures are presented in the form of various gels, creams and sprays. Known hthe thicker the drug, the less need it for fixing. It is important to consider that the adhesive after removing the prosthesis remains not only on the structure, but also on the gums, therefore it is necessary to rinse the oral cavity regularly.
Most adhesives are designed for daily use, although there are also drugs that continue to hold the structure even in the evening. Such substances are characterized by increased adhesion and do not dissolve in water, allowing the patient to chew and drink, does not experience discomfort in the oral cavity. It should also be noted that in the composition of fixing drugs includes protective components that prevent gum inflammation, and various flavors that help maintain fresh breath.
Which prosthetic glue is suitable?
The step of choosing glue should not be neglected and some recommendations should be followed:
- when choosing a fixative for teeth, consult your doctor,
- you should know that the consistency of the adhesive can be liquid, medium viscosity and viscous. In this regard, before using it is important to familiarize yourself with the instructions, which talk about the method of application and the necessary dosage,
- some adhesives may have side effects and influence the taste buds and the right tooth bite,
- the use of high-quality glue never leads to the appearance of inflammatory processes on the gums. If a similar situation occurs, you must replace the drug,
- many brands of adhesives have several varieties that are designed for different people. For example, if the patient has increased salivation the fixing drug should correspond to this so that the period of its effective action is not reduced. Information about such features can be obtained from your dentist, pharmacist, or from the instructions,
- the action of quality glue lasts 12-24 hours and multifunctional teeth do not have to worry.
How to apply glue for dentures?
- Before each next use, the denture is thoroughly cleaned of plaque, small pieces of food and adhesive residues. To do this, you need to get a brush, cotton swab and special water-soluble tablets.
- After cleaning, the tooth structure is washed with running water and dried.
- The agent is applied pointwise over the entire area of the recess for the teeth.
- The prosthesis is placed in place of the teeth, and the jaw closes for a few seconds.
- It is not recommended to eat food or drink water for the next 10-15 minutes.
- If the prosthesis still holds tight in the evening, then it is not necessary to remove it. Only during the next use should you take less glue, spray or gel.
- The adhesive should always be stored in a closed container, so it tends to dry quickly.
Cautions When Using Adhesive
- It is important that excess substances are not released during contact with the gums.
- It is necessary to clean the denture and gum daily from glue residues using special tools.
- It is forbidden to eat food or drink water for 10-15 minutes from the moment the prosthesis is installed.
- Before using this or that drug, it is advisable to consult a dentist.
- The glue should always be in a closed container or tube.
The modern market is filled with a variety of adhesives for dentures. Their main goal is holding the structure in place, although the prostheses also perform a number of other functions: breathing remains fresh throughout the day, the patient does not experience discomfort during chewing, adaptation to the prosthesis proceeds more smoothly. The main thing is to choose a high-quality and suitable glue to prevent inflammatory processes.
Types of glue for dentures
As a rule, a person encounters this medical composition only in a dental office, when a specialist sets up dentures or crowns for him. However, if necessary, you can glue the tooth yourself. If there is a problem with finances and there is no possibility to visit the dentist yet, you can temporarily use glue for dental crowns. Such medications have a different composition, depending on the technology of the manufacturer.
Features of glue for dentures from several popular brands are shown in the following table:
On the shelves of pharmacies there is a wide selection of this kind of funds, and the dentist who installed the dental constructions will be the best adviser about which adhesive for dentures to choose.
Overview of the most popular glue for teeth
Despite the variety of substances with which you can repair, glue the denture at home, the best is the dental adhesive Protefix. This composition holds dentures equally firmly when applied to both dry and wet surfaces for 10-12 hours.
The line of the drug has three options:
- Enriched with aloe vera extract.
- Hypoallergenic, not containing aromatic compositions.
Protefix - adhesive for dentures, has a number of advantages, of which, first of all, should be mentioned:
- lack of pungent smells and tastes,
- excellent fixation
- economical dispenser.
Unfortunately, the drug is also not without some drawbacks:
- the need to store the packaging in an upright position,
- the presence in some bottles of liquid,
- inconvenience of the dispenser.
However, only Protefix earned the recommendation of most dentists as the best adhesive for dentures.
Recommendations of specialists on the selection and use of dental glue
To choose glue for dental bridges and other types of dental structures, the dentist is best able to take into account the material from which the prosthesis and various individual characteristics of a person are made.
If you have to do this yourself, then you should consider the following parameters:
- consistency (liquid is more convenient to use, but its consumption is higher, viscous is more economical, but it requires skill when applying),
- smell (the presence of flavorings freshens the breath, but is poorly tolerated during addiction, when the taste can be distorted),
- the duration of the drug (from 8 to 24 hours),
- manufacturer of adhesive for fixing dentures.
In order for the fixation to be as reliable and long as possible, a number of simple rules should be followed before installing or repairing it:
- Cleaning the prosthesis of food, plaque by washing or processing with special solutions,
- Drainage of its surfaces,
- Rinsing the mouth
- Drying the gingival mucosa with a napkin,
- Glue application in accordance with its instructions,
- Placing the dental structure in the space provided for it, followed by closing of the teeth within a few seconds,
- Abstinence from drinking and eating for 20 minutes.
In the case when the prosthesis is still firmly attached to the bedtime, you can not remove it at night.
Which glue is the best
Dentists most often recommend the drug Protefix. It is with its help that it is best to glue a denture. The use of the drug guarantees the reliability of fixation, which will help not only to comfortably use the dental structure, but also to accelerate the beginners getting used to it. This glue for crowns will help out if the tooth crown has fallen off. Using it, you can avoid problems with dentures with dry mouth, neurological pathologies and even stroke. In addition, Protefix will support fresh breath throughout the day.
Where to buy and the approximate cost of tooth glue
As for the cost of drugs that will help stick a tooth at home, it varies significantly depending on the brand, form of release and size of the package. And, if Protefix can be purchased for an amount of 150, the Fittydent starts at 180, Korega starts at 200, and Lacalut and R.O.C.S. - from 250 rubles.
How and how to glue a denture at home
What should I do if a tooth crown has fallen out or if a dental bridge needs to be fixed at home? Of course, you won’t be able to do everything yourself, like a professional dentist, but it’s quite possible to restore the functionality of the structures for a while.
When the crown flies off the tooth, either the glue mentioned above or dental cement can help out. The first team to cope with the task faster, but the second - more reliable.
Both one and the other preparation for fixing the crown requires some preparatory work:
- Determining which side of the product stood outward and which inward.
- Thoroughly clean and dry the crown and tooth that serves as its base.
- Applying a fixing composition.
- Correct orientation of the crown on the base.
- Its fastening, first with fingers, and then by squeezing the jaws.
- Removing cement residues from under the crown.
- Refusal to eat and drink for half an hour.
If the crown has fallen from the tooth and it needs to be fixed for a day or less, then it is better to use dental glue. If the opportunity to visit the dentist does not appear soon, then it is better to resort to cement, which is able to glue the tooth crown at home for several weeks.
Denture adhesive reviews
People who went through the installation of various dental structures, and faced the need for their independent fixation or repair, leave feedback on forums about which glue is best for dentures, noting, first of all, Protofix. Users indicate high setting speed, strength and duration of retention. People also note that this glue creates a barrier to the penetration of food particles under the prosthesis.
Possibilities of cement for dental crowns
A mandatory component used in prosthetics is cement for dental crowns.
He is able to permanently fix the following ceramic and ceramic-metal dental structures:
When planning to purchase cement for teeth, you should study its composition. It can be of several types:
- Silicate, very aesthetic, consisting mainly of phosphoric acid and aluminum, capable of hardening within 3 to 4 minutes.
- Phosphate (hardening in one to two minutes), which includes zinc and phosphoric acid, used as a laying or fixing material, as well as with the aim of forming orthodontic rings and temporary fillings.
- Glass ionomer, consisting of polyacrylic acid and glass, an inexpensive and completely non-toxic material that has found its application, mainly for fixing crowns, as well as when installing fillings on milk teeth.
If, in search of how to glue a tooth crown at home, the choice fell on dental cement, you should read the instructions for use and know what material the dental structure is made of.
This is important because the composition of the cement and the material of the crown must be mutually compatible.
The negative effects of using dental cement
Dental cement is safe for human health and prudent use is not a threat. However, it contains zinc compounds, of course, in an acceptable concentration. But, if cement is used to glue a crown on a tooth at home, and more than once, then poisoning can be caused.
The development of pathology can be judged by a number of symptoms:
If, despite these sensations, one does not refuse to use dental cement for gluing broken dentures, then zinc ions, entering into complex biochemical reactions, displace copper ions, causing a deficiency of this element. As a result, a number of neurological disorders develop.
Therefore, you should not choose which adhesive to glue the denture at home, but it is better to immediately seek help from a professional dentist in restoring the integrity of any dental structure.
Dental cement is made as safe as possible for humans, however, and there are contraindications to it. We are talking about allergic reactions to certain components of the drug. To reduce the likelihood of sensitization of the body and temporarily glue the tooth fillings at home, you can try using Dentin perfume-free paste.
Is it possible to glue a tooth with superglue
For people far from dentistry, the first thing that comes to mind as a means to restore the integrity of dental structures is ordinary household or industrial glue. To the question of whether it is possible to glue the denture with superglue, any dentist will answer negatively. And first of all, it’s not about the fact that this chemical composition cannot cope with the task! On the contrary, superglue reliably glue the dried and fat-free surfaces of the product.
The problem here is different, namely its toxic effect on the body.
The case of a certain Angie Barlow, who had a broken denture, gained wide popularity. She was afraid to go to the dentist, or maybe she didn’t have enough money. She also wondered if it was possible to glue a tooth with superglue. And I decided that it’s worth a try. The result was impressive, and the woman used it to repair defects on dentures and teeth for a decade. However, such experiments were not in vain and the result was toxic damage to 90% of the dentition of the upper jaw. The treatment of removing 11 teeth and installing implants cost Angie $ 25,000.