- 130 g BASiC chocolate 80% (intense-bitter chocolate coating)
- 130 g of fine flour
- 6 pcs eggs (medium size)
- 130 g soft butter
- 40 g icing sugar
- pulp of one leguminous vanilla
- 1 tbsp. l grated ginger
- chili powder and salt on the tip of a knife
- 180 g sugar
- 100 g apricot jam
- For baking dish
- 260 g BASiC chocolate 70% (noble bitter chocolate glaze)
- 180 ml cream
- 50 g honey
- Preheat oven to 200 ° C. Grease a baking dish (24 cm in diameter) with oil and sprinkle with flour.
- Sift the flour. BASiC chocolate 80% cut into small pieces and melt in a water bath. Beat the eggs by separating the whites from the yolks. Soften the butter well with powdered sugar, vanilla, ginger, chili powder and salt.
- Gradually add the yolks to the butter mass, then the molten chocolate. Beat whites with sugar in a froth and mix gently with an oil mass. Add flour at the end.
- Put the dough in the mold, flatten and put the mold in the oven. Bake for about 45 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in shape.
- Remove the cake from the mold and cut horizontally, making 2 cakes. Heat the jam and mix until smooth. Grease the bottom cake 3 tbsp. l preserves. Put the second cake on top and grease it with the rest of the jam.
- For glaze, mix finely chopped BASiC 70% chocolate with cream and honey and heat in a water bath, stirring occasionally. Pour the icing on the cake and grease on all sides. Put the cake on for 2 hours to cool.
The discoverers of the properties of cocoa beans are the tribes of the ancient Aztecs. It was in their time that a chocolate drink appeared that could cheer up and cure a disease.
Maya Indians pulverized cocoa beans, corn and chili, and then added water, whipping the foam. For such chocolate vessels with a special nose were used. They drank the drink not only for pleasure (usually in hot weather), but also to cure various diseases, as well as to give strength.
Centuries have changed, but the superior qualities of cocoa have remained valuable to people. Since cocoa grains were very expensive and even used as currency, this drink was considered a gift from the gods. Only rich people, mainly from royal families, could afford it.
Europeans abandoned pepper as an ingredient, making chocolate a sweet drink. However, after some time, the ancient recipe has revived.
Mixing chocolate with red pepper, we can confidently say that their union will bring great benefits to the body. Chocolate has in its composition many trace elements, antioxidants, vitamins and amino acids. Pepper is also not inferior to chocolate in the number of nutrients. Its positive effect on the body is similar to cocoa beans.
In addition, pepper accelerates blood circulation, regulates metabolism, and contributes to the rapid breakdown of fats. This property allows you to fight overweight and with many diseases.
Cook at home
To make chocolate with chili peppers at home, you need to remember some rules.
- It is not recommended to use ground pepper, because instead of a refined note you can feel strong bitterness. To prepare the drink, you should use fresh pepper, from which you need to extract the seeds.
- Cooking is recommended with gloves on, as the burning microparticles are not washed off with water. It is advisable not to touch the eyes, mucous membranes and skin.
For two servings, you will need 45 grams of dark chocolate, 2 cups of whole milk, 1 pepper, a cinnamon stick and half a vanilla stick.
- Pepper with milk put on a small fire, add vanilla and cinnamon.
- Grind chocolate or grate, add to the milk mixture and stir until completely dissolved.
- Cook a couple of minutes.
- Let it brew for 15–20 minutes. This is necessary for the full interaction of all components.
- Strain the chocolate.
- Pour hot. Those who like it hotter can again warm up the drink a little on fire, not allowing it to boil.
You can make chocolate without milk. To do this, you need brewed ground coffee (for 4 teaspoons of coffee - 300 ml of water and 2 teaspoons of sugar) and chocolate melted in a water bath (200 grams). Combine all the ingredients and enjoy the finished drink!
Improvisation with additional ingredients is welcome. You can add ground ginger, rum or brandy. Or put off culinary delights and buy a bar of chocolate with pepper from Lindt.
Hot chocolate with hot pepper flavor can be made even at home, using a good recipe. The secret to a delicious and invigorating chocolate drink is that you need to use fresh chili pepper, but not ground.
53 Comments Hide Comments
Today I will share a cake with a twinkle 😎 Super Chocolate cake with pepper and ganache
Very interesting taste. Chocolate lovers will like it)
70 g sugar
120 gr hot milk
120 gr odorless oil rust
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp coffee
50 gr cocoa
200 gr flour
0.5 tsp soda
1.5 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp red pepper or a mixture of peppers with red pepper. Black will not give such an acute taste.
Heat the milk to a boil. Add cocoa, coffee and pepper. And let stand. Beat eggs with sugar until foam, add butter and milk with cocoa. Beat. Add flour, soda. Stir well. Bake at 150 degrees until dry match (40 minutes)
Remove, cool, put in the refrigerator overnight in film.
400 ml cream
300gr of dark chocolate
You can add 50 grams of cognac
Bring the cream to a boil, break the chocolate and toss into the cream. Stir the spatula until smooth. If we add cognac - enter it into hot! cream. Otherwise, it will not be felt in the cream. Mix everything, cover with foil and put in the refrigerator for the night. Get out the morning, warm at room temperature for at least 10 minutes and beat with a mixer until splendid.
Assembly - cake-cream-cake
The biscuit does not need impregnation)
Tanya, you can’t do that. The third day I drool with drool 🙈🙊😻
- milk - 400 milliliters,
- bitter chocolate - 50 grams,
- vanilla - half a pod
- crushed cinnamon - 1 stick,
- chili pepper (need to remove seeds) - 1 pc.
Put chilli, vanilla, cinnamon in a saucepan, add milk and boil everything. Simmer for two minutes. Then you need to crumble the chocolate, add to the hot mixture and completely dissolve. After that, you can remove the pan from the stove, insist for at least fifteen minutes. The resulting mixture must be filtered, served in a small cup. From the specified list of ingredients, two servings of a “burning” chocolate drink are obtained.
There are a lot of cooking options, some suggest using a whole pod, after removing the seeds. Some advise adding vanillin and cream, as well as ground ginger. To get a bright, rich and pungent taste, do not be afraid to use a whole chili pod, as milk helps reduce its hotness.
- Prepare all the necessary ingredients to prepare a spicy drink. In a saucepan, mix all the liquid ingredients of the recipe: alcohol, milk, cream.
- Cinnamon, ground ginger and hot pepper are added to the resulting liquid mixture.
- Put the pan on a small fire, stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
- Pour a little mixture into a bowl, add cocoa powder and mix thoroughly to make a thick slurry. Get rid of all the lumps using a whisk or fork. Add spiced milk and stir.
- The mixture needs to be boiled, removed from the stove and remove the cinnamon, then it can be poured into cups. Garnish the top with cocoa and whipped cream.
Thus, preparing a spicy drink with pepper and chocolate is very simple and interesting. This will help you step by step recipes with photos and video recipes that show in detail what and how to do it. Bon appetit to all!