This method is suitable for socks made of cotton or viscose. Do not use this method for woolen products.
- 1 Fill a pot or mug with water.
- 2 Squeeze lemon juice into the water. Add a few of its slices.
- 3 Bring the water to a boil.
- 4 Dip the socks in boiling water for a few minutes. Stir if necessary.
- 5 Keep them in this solution until you see that the color has recovered. Lemon acts on socks as a natural bleach, and removes stains.
Method 2 Vinegar
- 1 Using vinegar, you can restore the white color of socks.
- 2 Combine 1 cup of vinegar with 1.5 liters of water in a large container. Boil it.
- 3 Remove the solution from the heat. Dip your socks into it.
- 4 Leave overnight. Soaking will help return the original color.
- 5 Wash as usual and dry. Socks will be snow-white again.
Method 3 Using Stain Removers
- 1 Purchase an industrial stain remover. This is the best tool for socks, which from white have become red, pink, purple, blue, etc.
- 2 Follow the instructions on the packaging. Make sure stain remover can be used on the fabric from which the socks are made.
- 3 Repeat as necessary. Wash as usual.
Method 4 Removing Yellow and Rust Stains from Socks
Such spots are a sign that the water you use is saturated with iron and manganese.
- 1 Buy a rust remover suitable for the fabric your socks are made of.
- 2 Follow the instructions on the packaging. Make sure you can use the product of your choice on the fabric from which the socks are made.
- 3 Repeat as necessary. Wash as usual.
As a rule, on each new thing there is a label on which it is written how to wash the thing (suitable water temperature, whether it can be washed and wrung out in a washing machine, etc.). Compliance with these instructions will help preserve the beautiful appearance of the product for a long time.
Before washing, be sure to separate by color. In no case should you wash the contrasting products together - some of the things can shed and ruin all the linen.
Do not forget that it is necessary to properly dose suitable detergents. For colored products, powders with the color marking are usually used. Such an inscription indicates that this detergent is suitable specifically for colored items.
Any items must be thoroughly rinsed, especially for colored and dark fabrics. For this, in modern washing machines, there is an additional rinse function.
However, even with such recommendations, favorite clothes often lose their former color brightness. This may be facilitated by:
- Numerous washings and friction of fabrics.
- Exposure to sunlight.
- Long-term storage in the closet.
What will help return a faded shade
After repeated or not entirely successful washings, the lost color depth and gloss can be returned using the following ingredients:
• unripe nutshell
• brewing black tea,
• coarse salt,
Knowing how to restore the color of clothes with the proper use of these components, you can achieve an amazing effect.
How to avoid fading things
Clothes are sewn from various types of materials that have their own texture and structure. From the characteristics of the fabric depends on how to wash the painted colored thing. The product may deteriorate not only during washing, but also if it is improperly dried, when the wardrobe is hung in contact with other clothes. If the natural color is completely gone or the shade has become paler, it will be impossible to help. When the product is painted, the situation can still be saved.
In order not to encounter such a question as how to wipe faded colored things, follow the recommendations below:
- Fix the color if you suspect that the product will lose it. Prepare a solution: dilute salt in 1 liter of water, mix. Lower the laundry for 20 minutes, then wash.
- You should always monitor the temperature of the water. Multi-colored, as well as black and white, erase no more than at 30 degrees. It is advisable to set the machine to "delicate" mode.
- Read the label carefully. Each item has a tag that describes information on ironing, washing, and care.
- Choose the right powder or gel. For colored products, a cleanser marked “Color” is suitable, white - “White”.
- Before putting the laundry into the drum, sort it by color. You can not wash white with bright and dark. Even a small flower on a blouse, T-shirt or skirt can cause other things to molt.
- Check only purchased items. Often manufacturers attach a piece of fabric from the wrong side. It is recommended to do the first wash by hand. This is especially true for synthetics and jeans.
- You can purchase special napkins that absorb paint, preventing it from falling from one product to another.
If a colored thing has faded, and you do not know how to remove it, use our tips, which will be given below. It is better to proceed to salvation immediately, before the paint has been soaked up too deeply.
The use of this substance is one of the most reliable and proven ways to restore a presentable type of clothing. Usually it is diluted at the rate of 20 ml per 1 liter of water. Shed articles of wool or cotton are placed in such a solution at room temperature and left for 15 minutes.
If the product needs to be bleached, then a little bleach is added to the solution. To achieve the crystalline whiteness of things, they are boiled in such a mixture for 30-40 minutes. However, you can boil products if their labels do not have restrictions on the temperature of the water during washing.
Using tobacco helps restore gloss to darker shades. First, a special tobacco solution is prepared at the rate of 20 grams per 1.5 liters of water. The resulting mixture should be infused for half an hour. Then, with a brush or towel, the prepared solution is evenly distributed over the fabric that has lost its color.
How to wash a faded white thing
It is easier to deal with divorces on white things, but it is advisable to begin "resuscitation" immediately as soon as damage is discovered. Sometimes repeated intensive washing with bleach and soda ash helps. Pour a large amount of detergent into the powder compartment. If that doesn't work, there are several proven methods.
How to restore the color of clothes with onion husks, our great-grandfathers also knew. This effective method is perfect for brown and green colors of clothing. To get the necessary remedy, you need to cook ordinary onion peel in water for a long time. The result is a strong solution that will give faded and faded materials a golden brown or greenish tint.
However, before this, on a small piece of fabric from the wrong side, it is necessary to check whether the tone changes. The desired color can be obtained by changing the concentration of onion solution.
The method is used only for natural matter - linen, cotton, knitwear, etc. Synthetics are not allowed to be digested. It is recommended not to boil things with lace, guipure, etc. Pour half or 1⁄4 cup of detergent and bleach into a pan or metal bucket of water. Stir, put things in, turn on the stove, boil for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally. Then the clothes are rinsed in cold water 4-5 times.
Starch - Great Stain Remover
How to restore the color of clothes after washing with inappropriate things? Starch will come to the rescue. Immediately after detection of stains, the affected clothing is treated with a mixture of starch, citric acid, sodium chloride and soap chips, taken in equal amounts, and left overnight. Then wash the clothes again and rinse thoroughly in warm water.
Soaking with ammonia or hydrogen peroxide
Excellent peroxide stains. Take a liter of water, 50 ml of medicine, half a teaspoon of salt. Stir and heat the mixture, then lower the spoiled product there for 60 minutes. Time can be increased up to 3 hours if bleaching is insufficient. Wool is left in the solution for no more than two hours. After the product is wet, rinse with cold water. The method is suitable for linen and cotton matter, as well as wool, fur.
The ammonia, which can be used to process even “delicate” fabrics, will help bring clothes back to their previous white color. The only negative is the unpleasant odor after processing. You need to take 6 liters of hot water, pour 100 ml of ammonia, stir, soak things for a couple of hours. Then the clothes are rinsed and dried. The bleaching method reliably eliminates stains, but it is advisable to rinse the product using a special conditioner.
Potassium permanganate not only bleaches, but also eliminates the gray coating on things or bedding, which appears after numerous washes. Prepare a light pink solution. Take 5 liters of hot water, add 125 g of powder and a little potassium permanganate. Immerse spoiled things for 4 hours, then wash, rinse.
The use of "Aspirin"
Well-known tablets brighten the grayened fabric, cope with any stains, eliminate old stains. Aspirin is added to the machine as a bleach, and is also used for soaking. To acetylsalicylic acid is completely dissolved, buy the drug "Aspirin C".
The technology for removing stains and stains is easy to use:
- Grind 10 tablets
- Take 8 liters of water, add the resulting powder,
- Spoiled things are put in a liquid, left for 8 hours,
- Then you need to rinse the laundry manually or using a machine.
During the preparation of the whitening mixture, make sure that the solution is free of insoluble particles.
Soaking in a home stain remover
You can independently prepare an effective product based on food salt, starch, citric acid, soap (brown). For 5 liters of water, take 100 grams of acid, 2 tablespoons of starch, 1 tablespoon of salt and 2 tablespoons of grated soap. Wait for all the ingredients to dissolve, dip things, leave for a day, rinse. Dry white items under the sun to improve the whitening effect.
Note! If all of the above funds did not help to eliminate faded spots or stains, use whiteness, Ace or Domestos bleaches. For 5 l of water, one cap of the drug is enough. Oxygen products, such as Vanish, Bos, diluted in 4 water and add 1 tablespoon of chemistry.
How to wash faded colored thing
Not only white linen, but also colored can be painted. To eliminate stains and stains on such products, you will have to try. After all, the question of how to restore brightness to colored things is rather complicated. Resurrect multi-colored clothes in several ways.
Colored clothing may lose saturation even after the first wash. Ammonia or ammonia will help restore color. Take 5 liters of water, 200 ml of ammonia or ammonia. Soak the laundry that needs to return the shade, leave for an hour. Then rinse thoroughly, dry.
To restore the brightness of woolen things, chalk is suitable.
- Grind a kilo of chalk, dilute the powder in 3 liters of water, stir.
- In the solution put things that need to be washed for half an hour or an hour, occasionally mixing.
- Rinse in water 4-6 times, and on the seventh add vinegar to return the natural shine and consolidate the result.
Vinegar is used slightly to avoid a pungent odor after the procedure.
If you are tormented by the question of how to remove a faded stain from colored clothes, try a dishwashing gel. The method will only help if the pollution is not pronounced. Rub the molted places with the product, leave for a couple of hours, wipe the area, rinse. In the same way you can use laundry soap.
How to restore the color of a faded colored item from several colors
To remove stains on black things with white stripes or patterns, you need salt and green tea. To prepare, brew 2 liters of tea, not very strong, filter and soak the linen for 15 minutes. Then take out the product, squeeze out a little, apply salt to white patches, leaving for the same time. Wash, rinse.
How to remove stains on colored things
On some colors, stains are almost invisible. If you do not know how to return color to colored things and refresh the brightness, use the methods that will be given below. Remember, if a jeans jacket or pants have faded, “reanimate” clothes will not work. Only repeated coloring will give things a “new life”.
The use of soap and salt solution
To return clothes to their former color will help such a recipe:
- Take 125 g of coarse salt, pour into a container for soaking,
- Add grated soap (household) and potato or corn starch (1 tbsp),
- Stir with lemon juice,
- Apply the finished mixture to stains, leave for several hours or overnight,
- Then rinse, without pressing, hang to dry.
The method copes with stains and stains, especially on white things.
Use stain removers marked “Color”, otherwise the fabric will be damaged even more. It is better to choose products containing oxygen, for example, Vanish. They better deal with pollution, restore fibers, do not damage colored material. There are rules for using stain removers. Gels or powders are added to warm water, three caps are enough. The laundry is left in the solution for several hours, then rinsed and dried. Usually after the first time, all spots, stains and other pollution disappear.
Peroxide and ammonia
It is necessary to choose pure alcohol to get the desired effect. Home stain remover is prepared as follows:
- Take 4 liters of water, poured into a metal container.
- Add 1 tsp ammonia, 2 tbsp 3% peroxide.
- Spoiled products are dipped into the mixture.
- Put on the stove, bring to a boil, leave for an hour.
- Then the clothes are rinsed with slightly warm water, hung out to dry.
In the process of boiling, the excess paint will evaporate along with alcohol, leaving behind a clean thing without spots and stains.
How to wash, so that things do not shed
Preventing spoilage is easier than fighting for the return of natural color. Experienced housewives know all the secrets of proper washing, but even they can be mistaken. To prevent molting, follow these guidelines:
- Before starting the wash, read the label information provided by the manufacturer. It indicates the minimum and maximum water temperature, the possibility of ironing, etc.,
- Swimsuit, socks, swimming trunks are washed separately from each other, especially if there are red prints,
- Viscose and crepe de chine cannot be washed with wool and knitwear,
- New things, brightly colored and synthetic, are first washed in water with the addition of powder. Blue, black, red and green materials are more susceptible to shedding,
- If you suspect that new laundry may fade, pre-soak it in water and salt. Thanks to this, the paint will cure, and will not fade. The same goes for denim
- You can’t dry close to each other things of different colors,
- If you are tormented by the question of how to wash washed color bedding, add a little vinegar when washing or rinsing.
To give things a bright color after numerous washings or to prevent shedding, follow these rules:
- When rinsing pink items, add ammonia, blue and scarlet - vinegar.
- Soda will help preserve the presentable appearance of red and blue fabrics.
- To give the dark material freshness, rinse in saline.
- Textiles before washing soaked in water with 2 tbsp. Salt.
- Fabrics with a brown tint are rinsed in tea leaves for 4-6 minutes. Pre-check the tea leaves by tone in a small area.
Following simple guidelines, you will keep your laundry in its original condition and you can avoid molting when washing. If no method works, take the product to dry cleaning.
The joy of your favorite shades
How to restore the color of clothes at home, our mothers and grandmothers perfectly remember. Washing and soaking with bleaching agents is an effective way to restore and preserve white things. And hydrogen peroxide or a weak solution of potassium permanganate will help refresh the whiteness. The use of ordinary laundry soap also helps to maintain cleanliness and freshness.
For a long time, to restore terracotta, cream and beige shades, the products were rinsed for several minutes in a weak tea solution. This method is also successfully used to refresh the color of kapron stockings - the shade becomes deeper and more saturated.
Pink, peach colors and decorative threads
When rinsing such delicate flowers in water, you need to add a couple of tablespoons of ammonia. Clothing embroidered with decorative threads should be soaked briefly in warm, salt water before washing. To obtain the optimal concentration of the solution, it is necessary to use two teaspoons of coarse salt for each liter of liquid. After that, the product is washed in soapy water and rinsed thoroughly. As soon as the thing is completely dry, it is carefully ironed from the wrong side.
Let black stay black
Products in black or dark colors are very practical for daily wear. However, numerous washings act negatively on them - these shades fade a little and lose their former gloss.
Preserving and restoring the black color of clothing at home will help brewing black tea or a solution of tobacco. Rinsing in salt water will help to slightly refresh and restore the depth of color. Products of dark colors can be tinted with special products sold in hardware stores. This method will help to even out the color, if things are wiped in places.
How to restore the blue color of clothes
Rinses with ordinary table vinegar or baking soda will help to refresh and slightly restore the red and blue colors in the clothes. Soda can be added during the washing of blue things: just one dessert spoon per liter of water contributes to the return of the marketable appearance of clothes. The fact is that organic acids in small quantities contribute to the strengthening of any bright shade and for a long time keep the fresh look of products.
Many people recommend using ammonia diluted in warm water. Blue and blue products placed in such a solution will gain their lost brightness in just a couple of hours.
How to restore the color of clothes burned out in the sun?
The use of special dyes for fabrics will help restore the color of clothing that has faded in the sun. When using such tools, accurate adherence to the attached instructions is necessary. Sometimes, in order to return the lost item to the affected item, it is enough to wash it with other things of the same color.