- Which is better: pushing, dissolving or removing
- Choosing the right tool
- We carry out the procedure ourselves
This is the right approach when caring for cuticles. If this is not done, the nails may become deformed. A stiff cuticle can crack and cause an infection. Therefore, you need to move the cuticle during manicure.
Which is better: pushing back, dissolving or removing ↑
There are three known methods for eliminating the cuticle (cutaneous pre-nail roller): cutting, moving, dissolving. Sliding is present in any kind of manicure. But if in the cropped version it is one of the stages on the way to cutting the skin roller, then in the European manicure it is the main condition. From an aesthetic point of view, of course, circumcision with manicure looks more attractive. The length of the nail increases, and the varnish on it looks beautiful, emphasizing grooming.
Cutting for holders of a dense thick cuticle is a real salvation in the full sense of the word. It is necessary for the prevention of inflammatory processes, the formation of burrs, the appearance of other problems of the nail plate. But circumcision stimulates increased growth of the skin roller and is sometimes accompanied by cuts or microtraumas, which, in turn, can also provoke an inflammatory process.
Dissolution allows you to remove the cuticle with the help of an expensive, but effective means "remover". It is considered environmentally friendly, but requires the right approach and application. Despite the speed and effectiveness, the use of funds has a number of nuances. If you overexpose it or use it often, you can injure the bed of the nail plate, and eventually even destroy it. Therefore, the optimal amount of use is no more than 2 times a week.
Against this background, the movement looks like the most gentle harmless method, which eliminates the occurrence of infections with inflammation. The presence of a skin roller means protecting the nail from external influences and the necessary nutrition with hydration. In addition, the retardation slows the growth of the skin of the pre-nail platen. But the most interesting observation is that the varnish on the nail plate with the uncut cuticle lasts better and longer.
Choosing the right tool ↑
To move the cuticle, use different tools: a metal or rubber spatula, as well as an orange wooden stick. The latter is the most popular and basic European manicure tool. A double-sided orange stick is a disposable item with an average length of 9–18 cm, used for pushing back. By structure, it is soft, dense, has an antiseptic property. This is a thin stick with pointed and flat ends. Unlike others, such a tool is the most hygienic, less traumatic. Does not scratch the nail, does not tear the cuticle. You can change the shape of an orange stick with a coarse abrasive file. The blunt tip of the stick is used to move it away, and the dirt under the nails is cleaned with sharper, the acrylic or gel coating is removed, the decor is applied.
Reusable spatula made of medical steel with different edges is the most common tool in manicure. It is often called a pusher (scraper). It can completely replace an orange stick, as it adequately performs the same functions. It does not require sharpening, but it must be disinfected by boiling or processing with aseptic agents. When using a metal tool, the likelihood of damage to the nail increases significantly, so often use spatulas with rubber tips.
New items designed to work with cuticles include a special pencil. Multifunctional tool. It is also used to move the pre-nail skin roll. Do this with a capillary. At the same time, oil is applied to the retractable skin roller. After that, the shape of the nails is created with a pencil cap. The tool is quite safe, suitable for unprofessional use.
This cuticle removal method is less traumatic. It is suitable for those whose skin is not thick. A simplified option is to push the growth out with an orange stick, having previously softened it in the bath. Simple but not as effective.
Nevertheless, we advise you to contact the help of a special gel remover, it will be much easier to remove the cuticle with it.
We cover the skin around the nail with a product, leave it for the time specified in the instructions. We erase the remains with a napkin, while the main part of the cuticle will go away with the gel. All the same orange stick gently push the skin to the nail roller. By the way, the stick has the properties of an antiseptic and is disposable, which means that the risk of getting an infection is minimal.
Edged manicure requires more training, care and accuracy, it is better to trust professionals. But, if you are confident in yourself, at home this method can also be applied.
Here, a complete instruction is relevant:
- Before the procedure, do not forget to treat your instruments and hands with an antiseptic. Of course, everything is pre-sterilized - this is the default.
- Steam the cuticle in the bath. You can arrange a spa minute by adding aromatic oils and sea salt, or just make a soap solution. After we rub our hands with a dry towel.
- Use a pusher or an orange stick to move the cuticle and carefully clean the nail plate. With a steamed cuticle, difficulties should not arise.
- For removal we use nippers or cuticle scissors. Here the choice is yours - to whom it is convenient. Please note that the tools must be well sharpened. Oddly enough, the risk of injuring the skin with blunt blades is higher. It is more convenient to start from the sides and finish in the middle. Ideally, we trim the first time exactly to avoid burrs in the future.
- Do not try to remove as much as possible, it is better to remove a thin neat strip. And remember that the cuticle still performs a protective function, which means that it is not worth cutting it to the root.
Cutting Nail Cuticle
For many years women Throughout the world, dead skin is removed using this method. To do this, you only need sharp scissors or tongs and a disinfectant. Our grandmothers also used this method and were very pleased with the result. But cutting the cuticle can be dangerous if you do not follow some rules. For example, you can easily get an infection, damage the nail bed or get hurt.
It is worth noting that remove cuticle with the help of scissors or tongs, stands in a beauty salon, where a real professional works, who will do everything perfectly. Firstly, you can’t hold the manicure device at the right angle, and secondly, you can damage a living area of the skin or drive the cuticle deeper, which will subsequently lead to the appearance of embossed nails and to delamination.
Pros of Cutting Nail Cuticles:
- Quickly and easily you will get rid of dead skin, especially if it has grown strongly and significantly spoils your appearance. With a couple of movements, your nails will have a well-groomed appearance, and the effect will last a couple of weeks.
- You do not need to spend money on the purchase of cuticle oils, which will constantly end. Having invested money once in good manicure scissors, you can forget about the need to spend your finances again.
- You can easily do a cropped manicure before the holidays and forget about the need to correct something for a long time. The longest option for vacation will be cutting the cuticles and applying gel polish.
Cons Cutting Nail Cuticle:
- In order to protect yourself, you will have to deeply study the method of removing the cuticle with scissors or forceps and consult a professional. Many manicurists claim that self-cutting of the cuticle can be dangerous.
- You can damage the okolonogtevogo area of live skin, which in the future can lead to infection.
- If you incorrectly cut off dead skin particles, then burrs may appear in the future. Every woman knows what it is, so if you want to keep your nails beautiful and well-groomed, watch the video tutorials in advance and do everything clearly according to the instructions.
- Before removing the cuticle, you will need to make baths, which also take your time.
Nail Cuticle Movement
More recently, women did not even know about the possibility applying this method. Today, there are those representatives of the fair sex who do not even mean that dead skin areas near the nails can be removed in some other way. The most important thing is that you can make this type of manicure even in a traffic jam in the car, because you do not need to pre-soak your nails in the bathtubs and use disinfectants. If you have very sensitive skin or even dermatitis, then this method is ideal for you. Let's take a closer look at the main pros and cons of moving the cuticle.
Pros of pushing back cuticle nails:
- No likelihood of skin damage. If cuttings are always possible when cutting the cuticle, then pushing back completely excludes such a moment. You should pay attention to the fact that it is very safe and convenient, it is not surprising that many women switched to this method.
- You can safely remove the cuticle if your vessels are close to your skin. There are women who, from the slightest mechanical effect, get irritation, redness or even blood. It is better for them to exclude edged manicure and give preference to moving the cuticle.
- The probability of infection is excluded. In this case, you can completely protect yourself from all kinds of bacteria that are dangerous to your health. When you move the cuticle, you absolutely do not violate the skin, and do not interact with the blood. That is why the pushback can be considered an absolutely safe method.
Cons of pushing back cuticle nails:
- Short-term effect. If you need to get rid of the cuticle for a long time, then this method is not suitable for you. After 5-7 days, the peel will return to its place again, so you will need to do a second procedure.
- Your manicure will become ideal only when the technique of moving away becomes your permanent ritual. This means that only after 6-7 times your nails will have a great look, and the cuticle will not be visible at all.
- The need to spend money on the purchase of a product to soften the cuticle. How would you not like this, but now you will need to add cuticle oil to your shopping list.
We carry out the procedure ourselves ↑
The main function of the skin of the pre-nail roll is protective. But a groomed, overgrown, overdried cuticle becomes a possible source of inflammation. Its dead particles adhere to the nail plate, thereby slowing the growth of the nail. It can also pretty much spoil the nail surface. It is obvious that the cuticle needs to be carefully and carefully taken care of, that is, it must be removed in a timely manner.
Moving the skin roller is the most accessible way of care for all. It is safe, allows you to do all the manipulations yourself without negative consequences for nails and skin. With European manicure, the removal is carried out using emollients without steaming. If the cuticles are damaged or infected, an antiseptic cream, ointment or antibiotic is used. For the choice of funds, as well as their use, you need to consult a cosmetologist. The standard version of moving the skin roller with an orange stick includes a few actions:
- Remove nail polish with an acetone-free product, then wash your hands with soap.
- Make a warm hand bath with chamomile, lemon juice or essential emollient oils.
- Wipe your hands with a towel.
- Apply a softener to the cuticle with a brush.
- Carefully push the cuticle with an orange stick to the base of the nail.
When the skin roller is completely pushed back to the base, the root of the nail becomes visible. Parts that remain not pushed back should be corrected. The pre-nail skin roller can be pushed back after a shower or bath while your hands are moist and warm. It is advisable to do this procedure once a week. Ideally, the skin roller should be constantly soft and moisturized. The final well-groomed result is a smooth nail plate with a well-crafted cuticle.
Does the cuticle really need to be removed?
How to care for with nails you decide, but it is worth paying attention to the fact that timely removal of the cuticle will be an excellent prevention of the appearance of burrs and inflammations. Of course, it is important to understand that it is better not to remove the cuticle at all than to do it absolutely wrong, violating the general rules and laws.
However, it depends on you how your arms not only at the moment, but also after many years. Begin already in youth to monitor your nails and hands. Use good quality creams, make firming baths, visit a manicurist at least once a month and remove the cuticle.
- Return to the table of contents "Dermatology"