This gourmet, airy, thawing dessert is traditional in French cuisine. It is prepared on the basis of fruit or berry juice, beaten egg whites and gelatin. The lush mass is served as dessert in separate cups or used to make a cake. A photo of his lemon mousse and a step-by-step recipe are presented in this article. There are several options for preparing this dessert.
Lemon Mousse Cake
This dessert turns out amazing, gentle and light as a cloud. No doubt, such a cake "Lemon Mousse" will appeal to both adults and children.
This dessert is based on sponge cake. To prepare it, you need to prepare the following ingredients:
- eggs - 2 pcs.,
- sugar - 60 g
- flour - 50 g
- coconut flakes - 30 g,
- baking powder - ½ tsp.,
- lemon - 2 pcs.,
- salt - ¼ tsp
Lemon mousse itself is prepared from the following products:
- egg whites - 6 pcs.,
- granulated sugar - 350 g,
- cream 33% - 600 ml,
- gelatin - 25 g
- lemon juice - 350 ml,
- zest of 2 lemons.
The top of the cake is decorated with mirror glaze of bright yellow color, which makes the surface of the product glossy. To do this, prepare the following ingredients:
- condensed milk - 100 ml,
- white chocolate - 125 g,
- water - 75 ml
- sugar - 150 g
- gelatin - 10 g.
The preparation of the cake begins with the baking of biscuit cake - the lowest layer. Then the mousse is prepared, and already before serving, the product is covered with glaze.
Step 1 - Cooking Biscuit
The bottom layer of the cake should be the thinnest in height. That is why a minimum of ingredients will be needed to make the cake. The step-by-step process of kneading the dough and baking a biscuit can be represented as follows:
- In a dry and clean bowl, mix flour, baking powder and coconut.
- Beat eggs with sugar and salt in a separate container. After about 10 minutes, when the mass becomes dense, you need to add the zest of two lemons to it. Citrus fruits themselves should be set aside. They will still be needed in the future to obtain juice from them.
- With a spatula, add the flour mixture to the egg and mix gently with folding movements in three doses.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 180 ° C.
- Cover the bottom of the detachable shape with a diameter of 26 cm with parchment. Lay out and flatten the dough on top. Subsequently, lemon mousse will need to be poured into the same form.
- Bake a sponge cake for 25 minutes. Allow it to cool on a wire rack, then put it back into the same mold. Now you can proceed to the next cooking step.
Step 2 - Delicate Cake Mousse
Many housewives avoid confectionery with a mousse layer, because they mistakenly believe that it is very difficult to cook. In fact, making lemon mousse for a cake is not so difficult if you follow the detailed step-by-step instructions:
- Remove the zest from two lemons.
- Prepare 350 ml of lemon juice. For this you need 4-5 lemons.
- Pour juice into the stewpan. Add zest and gelatin to it.
- Put the stew-pan on the fire and bring its contents to a boil so that the gelatin is completely dissolved (but not boil).
- Beat cold cream to steady peaks.
- Beat whites in lush foam.
- Put the stewpan on the stove, adding 350 g of sugar with a little water to it.
- Cook sugar syrup. It will be ready in about 7 minutes, when the temperature inside it reaches 121 ° C.
- Continuing to beat, pour hot syrup into the protein mass with a thin stream. The result should be a dense meringue for meringues.
- Liquid lemon gelatin and whipped cream are carefully added to the protein mass.
- The prepared mousse is laid out on a biscuit cake and leveled, after which the form is sent to the freezer for at least 5 hours. In this form, the cake can be stored for up to 1 month. And before serving, you need to get it out of the freezer and put it in the refrigerator for a day. But frozen cake is more suitable for decoration.
|On a shape with a diameter of 18-20 cm|
|eggs (or egg yolks)||133 g|
|lemon juice||70 ml + 30 ml|
|cream (from 33%)||340 g|
Step by step recipe with photo
In cream (340 g) add the seeds of 1 vanilla pod, cover the container with a lid or tighten with cling film, put in the refrigerator and let it brew overnight - the cream, during this time, is filled with the aroma of vanilla.
Cook lemon kurd.
Wash, dry and remove lemons from one lemon.
Cut the lemons in half, squeeze the juice (70 g + 30 g in different bowls) and strain through a fine sieve.
Soak sheet gelatin (12 g) in a bowl with plenty of very cold water for 5-10 minutes.
Tip. If using powder, not sheet gelatin: pour 12 g of gelatin into 72 g of water and leave it to swell for 45-60 minutes. Heat the swollen gelatin in a water bath or in a microwave until it boils and dissolves. We got a gelatin mass. Introduce the gelatin mass into lemon kurd and mix well.
In a small saucepan, combine: eggs or egg yolks (133 g), sugar (133 g), lemon juice (70 g), lemon zest and mix well with a whisk.
Cook over low (or medium-slow) heat until thickened, constantly stirring the mixture with a whisk.
Add squeezed sheet gelatin or gelatin mass.
Cool lemon Kurd to 30-35 ° C.
Pour lemon juice (30 g) and mix.
Add diced butter (90 g).
And punch with a blender until smooth.
Mixer bowl (or bowl) in which cream will be whipped, and put the whisk of the mixer in the freezer for 5 minutes (or refrigerate in the refrigerator for a couple of hours) - this is important.
Pour cold vanilla cream (340 g) into the mixer bowl.
Whip the cream at medium speed (without changing the speed) until the cream thickens and begins to hold its shape (do not whip them in a very dense foam).
In the cooled lemon Kurd add the third part of whipped cream and gently mix with a silicone spatula until smooth.
Introduce the remaining cream and gently mix the cream with a silicone spatula from the bottom up.
Ready lemon-vanilla cream, preferably immediately used for the preparation of cakes and desserts.
For a short time, it is better to keep the cream in the refrigerator until cooking.
Description of the preparation:
Remove the zest from each lemon, and squeeze the juice to the maximum from the pulp. The zest is filled with water. A little delayed for clearance. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, adding sugar and pouring lemon juice. Gelatin is poured with cold water and left to swell. After that, he reclines into a colander and dissolves in a decoction of lemon.
The gelatin mixture is cooled to 40 ° C and whipped into a fairly stable foam. Pour it into the molds, and before serving, remove the mousse from the mold and shape it with lemon zest, as well as fresh mint leaves.
Step 3 - Mirror Glaze
This decoration will be the logical conclusion of the cake preparation process. Lemon yellow frosting is perfect for this dessert. And to make it quite simple:
- Pour water into the stewpan and pour sugar. Heat the ingredients on the stove until the sand grains are completely dissolved.
- Add gelatin to sugar syrup and mix.
- Chop the white chocolate with a knife and put into syrup. Mix.
- Add condensed milk and 2-3 drops of yellow dye.
- Cool the finished glaze to room temperature.
- Remove the cake from the freezer, place on a baking sheet and pour over the icing. Level the surface and refrigerate the product. Once the icing has hardened, you can taste it.
Mascarpone dessert mousse with lemon and lime
According to the following recipe, you can prepare a delicious delicacy with a refreshing taste. Such a lemon mousse dessert will surely appeal to everyone: both sweet tooth and lemon lovers.
A cooking recipe consists of the following steps:
- From the lemons (3 pcs.) Squeeze the juice.
- Grate the zest of half lime on a fine grater.
- The whites of the three eggs are separated from the yolks. Beat the last with a mixer with icing sugar (100 g) until the mass turns white.
- Add mascarpone (250 g) and mix.
- Pour lemon juice with zest. Mix. It should be a fairly liquid cream.
- Beat whites separately in airy foam, which holds its shape well. Carefully introduce them into the bulk.
- Arrange the mousse in a bowl or cup, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Decorate the dessert with zest and a slice of lime on top.
The recipe for lemon mousse from Julia Vysotskaya
This gourmet dessert is prepared in the following sequence:
- Soak gelatin (30 g) first in a small amount of water.
- Using a grater, remove the zest from 1 lemon and squeeze the juice. You should get 3-4 tablespoons.
- Pour apple juice (150 ml) into a saucepan and put on a stove. Bring it to a boil. Add swollen gelatin and mix. It should completely dissolve in the juice.
- Beat egg yolks (4 pcs.) With powdered sugar (1 tbsp. L.) Using a mixer. Gradually pour in the gelatin mass and lemon juice. Refrigerate and cool.
- Meanwhile, whip cream with a fat content of at least 33% (1 tbsp.) With powder (25 g).
- Beat the whites of four eggs with a tablespoon of icing sugar until peaks form.
- Combine the cream with the yolk mass and mix.
- Gently introduce proteins with the movement of the scapula from the bottom up.
- Arrange the lemon mousse in a bowl and cool.