- 1 Think about which toy you want. It does not have to be a bear, it can be a tiger, a dog or a crocodile (if you want something harder).
- 2 Find two pieces of felt. Draw a simple sketch of the teddy bear and cut it out. Attach the two parts of the felt one to the other so that the size of these parts is the same.
- 3 Take a special pencil and draw eyes, nose, mouth, etc.e. Once you are done:
- 4 Sew a few buttons for the eyes and nose. You can also cut these parts from the felt and stick them.
- 5 Take the needle and thread and sew the two halves of the teddy bear. Do not forget that you should leave a little space for stuffing!
- 6 Fill the teddy bear. A teddy bear without stuffing is not a teddy bear, therefore often such toys are called soft. Do not worry, if you do not have stuffing, you can even use a pair of old socks!
- 7 As soon as you stuff the teddy bear, sew the entire toy.
- 8 Name the teddy bear. You can name it as you wish: Pechenko, Chewing gum, Rose or any fictitious name.
- 9 Love the teddy bear. Sleep with him, sew him clothes, make him ... a house.
- 10 Finished.
Method 2 Mini Teddy Bear
- 1 Draw a little teddy bear on paper. Cut out the pattern.
- 2 Join the two pieces of fabric together. Attach a template.
- 3 Cut to the pattern. In the end, you get two parts of the little bear.
- 4 Remove the pattern and needles.
- 5 Draw facial features. Choose one of the sides that will be front. Embroider the eyes, nose and mouth for the teddy bear. You can stick eyes or other small parts if you want.
- 6 Sew the two parts of the toy together. You can sew it with any stitches. Do not forget to leave a place for stuffing.
- 7 Fill the teddy bear. You can use padding, fabric or wool.
- 8 Sew the whole teddy bear.
- 9 Remember to finish sewing with a knot, which you can make with a needle.
- 10 Insert the needle into the upper part of the bear cub, and make a small knot, tie the thread to the knot.
- 11 Now you can hang the little bear on the key ring.
- 12 Using the lock, you can attach the teddy bear to a keyring, coat, bag, cardigan or elsewhere.
- 13 Finished.
Popular patterns for sewing soft toys
Bears at all times among soft toys were in greatest demand.
Traditionally, cubs are sewn from plush or any other fabric with soft nap.
The classic teddy bear can be sewn on this pattern:
Fans of cartoons about Winnie the Pooh suggest stitching this funny teddy bear in our Soviet
or Disney version.
If you have your own rich imagination, you can independently come up with a pattern of your own bear.
= What do you need
- 2 large pieces of felt
- 4 buttons
- Needle and thread
- Special pencil
- Ribbon (optional)
- Pencil or marker
- 2 pieces of felt (color of your choice)
- Needle and thread
- embroidery threads
- Key ring
DIY sewing workshop for soft bears
For making soft toys, I like fleece the most. This gentle and pleasant to the touch material. To the best of stretching, easy to cut, does not warp when cutting.
In addition, the seams on it are less noticeable and look neat.
I suggest you sew one of the proposed cubs.
One of them is very simple - even a beginner needlewoman will cope with it, the other is a little more complicated.
For the simplest and easiest bear, I needed:
- Two pieces of felt black and white.
- Sintepon for stuffing.
- Needle and thread.
- Four black beads.
We take a pattern, if necessary, increase or decrease it to the desired size
and cut out two identical parts, not forgetting to retreat along the edges a small distance for the seams.
Step 1. Circle the pattern, leaving the distance to the seams
After we cut out both parts, we manually wrap them with thread.
Step 2. Connect the two parts and stitch them with an estimate seam
Then we sew both parts. It’s better to use a sewing machine,
Step 3. Stitching over the budget
but it can also be sewn neatly by hand.
Sew not completely. Do not forget to leave, in accordance with the pattern, a small hole on the side so that you can then turn the workpiece out.
We turn the bear to the front side, carefully and carefully straighten it.
Step 4. Turn the workpiece to the front side
Then we take a synthetic winterizer and stuff the toy.
Instead of syntepon, you can use foam rubber, cotton wool, holofiber or any other filler that you have at your fingertips.
It is very important to thoroughly and evenly fill the toy, try to avoid the formation of thickenings, or vice versa, too empty seats.
Step 5. Fill the bear with a synthetic winterizer
After stuffing, we sew the remaining hole with a blind seam.
Step 6. Sew the hole with a blind stitch
Cut out an oval from black felt - a nose, from white a very small speck on the nose, and sew or glue it with special glue for the fabric.
I used Instant Crystal glue.
We embroider paws with black thread.
Sew on beads - eyes and buttons.
Step 7. Sew the paws and make the face
We will tie a beautiful bow from a satin ribbon, brown the cheeks. Bear is ready!
The second teddy bear is already a little more complicated.
To make it, I took advantage of such a pattern and took my favorite fleece again.
You can use the material that you like best. It can be: faux fur, velvet, wool, velor, terry cloth or even knitwear.
I took a fleece of two colors (I needed a small pink piece for the ears and legs of a bear), thread, a needle, scissors, a synthetic winterizer or any other filler, two buttons or two finished eyes (they are sold in needlework stores).
Material for the second teddy bear
We will prepare all the necessary patterns by which we cut out all the details of our teddy bear.
Step 1. Make a pattern and cut all the details.
Now we begin to sew.
First we sew the head: ears, two backs of the head, two front ones. Then we collect all three of the resulting elements together in accordance with the pattern.
Step 2. Sew the head
Getting to the torso.
Step 3. Putting the Torso
It turns out here is such a workpiece:
Step 4. You should get the same workpiece and you
Sew the upper legs and sew them to the body. We also sew pink feet to the lower legs.
Step 5. Sew the upper and lower paws
We attach the head, leaving a hole in order to stuff the toy.
Step 6. Sew on the head, leaving a hole
Fill it evenly and carefully.
From a piece of black felt, cut out the nose and two stripes to form the muzzle and sew them.
Step 7. Stuff the bear and sew the face
Then we sew eyes. Once again, we check the uniformity of the packing and sew up the remaining hole with a blind seam.
Step 8. Sew a hole
You can decorate the finished teddy bear with a smart bow.
Additionally, for a bear-boy, you can sew shorts with straps and a T-shirt, and for a bear-girl a dress.
Step 8. The teddy bear is ready
How to make a soft toy quickly and beautifully - wizard tips
In the manufacturing process of the toy, the following steps can be distinguished: material selection and preparation for work, cutting of parts, basting, stitching, stuffing, assembly and final design.
Patterns are best made from cardboard - they will fit better to the fabric, they are easier to circle and they are more durable. The tenderloin should be applied to the wrong side and outlined with a ballpoint pen or pencil. For dark fabric, take a white, well-sharpened pencil.
You should not use chalk for stroke - it distorts the shape of the parts!
Of great importance in tailoring is the cutting process. Details need to be drawn and cut carefully and neatly.
Be careful not to confuse the wrong side and the front in paired parts. For example, in the paws, so that not two are the same, but the right and left.
The best and most affordable filler issynthetic winterizer. From time to time he does not caking and does not roll down.
Toys stuffed with padding polyester can be easily washed in a typewriter - they will not lose their shape and will dry very quickly.
This handmade soft toy is a wonderful gift. You just need to choose who you will please them.
To create a children's toy, only safe materials must be used. For children under 5 years old, it is better to choose solid natural fabrics, without lint or the addition of synthetics. It is also recommended to do without accessories in the form of buttons, sequins and other things. If a toy is made for an older child, then the imagination is limitless, as is the choice of material.
Fabrics for soft toys
For sewing toys for the smallest, knitwear is ideal. This is an elastic and practical material from which it is very easy to make a toy, it is safe. It is easily erased and does not lose its shape, does not require additional processing, and thanks to the color variety the toy will turn out to be very effective.
Another fabric that is often used for sewing is silk. This is capricious material, while working with it will require patience and accuracy. But products made from silk are very beautiful, durable. It is also used for decoration, but can be used with a solid fabric. It requires delicate washing and gentle drying.
And the most popular material for sewing a soft toy for the smallest is cotton fabric.
It is very diverse, inexpensive and is used everywhere. It is very easy to work with, it has increased resistance and durability, moreover, it is safe, and spots and dirt are quickly removed.
For older children, you can use other fabrics, this is faux fur, wool, for sewing bears an ideal option, will give the toy realism, and with careful handling it will last a long time. Other fabrics, such as velvet, velor, felt, are also suitable.
To make a soft toy with your own hands, you need not only fabrics, you must have other materials, such as:
- The pattern and pattern by which the details of the toy will be created,
- Soft filler, you can use cotton wool, but it is recommended to take pieces of foam rubber, it will help maintain shape longer,
- Thread and needle, scissors,
- Thick paper
- If decor is conceived (in the manufacture of toys for children over 5 years old), then you can use buttons, sparkles, ribbons.
To sew a soft toy, you need to accurately make a pattern of fabric using a template. This is an exact copy of the details of the future product, depicted on paper, which is then translated into material. Each toy has its own set of patterns, but you can draw it yourself. Then they should be cut and with the help of tailor's needles attached to the fabric.
Before making the toy, wet the selected fabric and dry it. This will help to check whether he will sit down during the first wash and if the toy will lose its shape. If this happens, it is recommended to wash the material before sewing, dry it and only then begin to work.
Bear toy pattern
Making a teddy bear soft toy is quite simple and independent. For it’s enough to use any popular pattern.
Some tips on how to pick it up:
- All patterns can be divided into simple (with a minimum number of parts) and complex (where additional decoration in the form of accessories and decor is required, these are dresses, ribbons, seam processing).
- Beginners should start with lighter ones, such as: Barney's bear (or a simple fabric bear), sock bear, Tilda-style bear.
- Other popular, but difficult patterns for sewing are: Teddy bear, ballerina bear, polar bear, bear with kids.
One of the simplest patterns is Barney's bear, translated directly onto the fabric, without using patterns.
How to make a soft toy with your own hands without a template:
- Take a small piece of fabric and fold it in half exactly in the middle with the front side inward,
- Using a pencil, draw some rounded lines,
- You should start from the head - describe a small semicircle, then an ear, a rounded cheek, a slightly elongated paw, a slightly rounded belly and an elongated one leg,
- Cut strictly along the contour,
- Expand the material - the bear’s pattern without using the template is ready,
- Repeat all the manipulations exactly, thus preparing its back,
- Sew together the two halves on the wrong side,
- Leave a small gap, unscrew the product and fill with filler.
There are other interesting patterns of soft toy bear.
Bear from felt
To make a toy from felt you will need:
- multi-colored felt
- Mouline thread,
- pattern paper,
- tracing paper
- scissors and needles.
- Select and transfer to the tracing paper the template of the details of the bear from felt, the scale should be respected and be 1: 1. Also, everyone can show imagination and draw parts of the body of the bear independently.
- After the drawing has been transferred to tracing paper, it is transferred to thick paper, strictly observing the scale and every detail. So the template is ready.
- Then all the component parts are cut out of a dense sheet, and with the help of tailor pins is fixed on the fabric. Gently circle with a simple pencil or chalk, remove the template and cut out - the pattern is ready. Advice! perform all manipulations on the wrong side.
- Then 2 identical parts are superimposed on one another and stitched together, leaving a small gap for the filler. They are turned on the front side, the toy is evenly filled with foam rubber, cotton, synthetic winterizer (optional) and sewn to the end with neat stitches.
- After all parts of the bear’s body are made, they are sewn together, and depending on the imagination, eyes, nose, and mouth are made.
One of the options for creating a face is to use buttons or to sew on purchased sparkles. Many craftswomen embroider them from multi-colored threads of floss, using stitches for surface. You can also cut the nose, eyes and mouth from felt of a different color and sew them with threads; for this, the chain stitch is most often used.
The final touch in the manufacture of felt bears from felt is the decoration of the product. You can sew several multi-colored ribbons, bows, sparkles and a very bright and beautiful toy is ready.
Making a soft bear out of a sock is very simple.
For this, a pattern is not needed, it is enough to have materials:
- new sock
- needle, thread,
- turn the sock inside out, put the heel up,
- the head is the nose, draw them with a marker,
- cut along the contour and sew,
- leave a small hole, fill the product with filler,
- form the nose of the sock into a ball,
- evenly distribute and sew up to the end, tightening the edges with threads,
- you get a round head
- then the heel and part of the sock to the elastic is the torso and paws,
- the heel is the future hind legs, it must be cut strictly in half and form two limbs, sew together, stuffed with filler,
- forelegs are made of elastic, simply cut out, stitched together and sewn to the body.
- then ears are created, they can be made from the remainder of the sock or take a new one.
- They can be made of elastic - just draw two semicircles and cut it out, filling it with filler and simply sewing it to your head.
- For decor, you can use ribbons, buttons, sparkles, thus creating eyes, mouth, nose.
- From another sock, you can make a color for the bear, for this you need to cut out small round fragments and sew on the legs, muzzle and even the stomach - in this way, get an unusual color.
To create such a bear you will need cotton fabric, soft filler, sewing machine, scissors. To get a more realistic product, it is recommended to take a weave of different colors.
The first step is to create a pattern, it should be quite large, rounded. The head and ears are depicted, then cut out, the seam is sewn on the machine, the product is turned out and stuffed with a soft filler, sewn to the end. The material acts as a decor, it will be comfortable to sleep on and so Thus, the effect of the muzzle of the bear will be created.
Two round applications are cut out of the dark color - these are the eyes. They are sewn to the pillow with hidden seams or attached on a typewriter.
It is better to make a muzzle bright, it is any color to choose from, in the form of a large oval shape of a fabric cut. A small round-shaped mouth is sewn to it.
For realism, you can sew small front legs. They are made of the same fabric color as the pillow itself and are attached to its lower part, pre-stuffed with filler.
This teddy bear is distinguished by elongated body proportions and legs, in recent years he has gained a lot of fans. To make a bear in the Tilda style, you need to take a bright cotton sprint fabric, a pattern according to which a pattern, scissors, threads, a needle will be created, ribbons and bows often act as decor.
Transfer the template to a doubly folded fabric, leave a small allowance for the seam. Sew together and turn on the front side, then stitched with a blind seam.
A feature of this soft toy is that the legs are attached to the body with buttons, this allows them to move, creating a different position of the teddy bear's body. Ears are sewn to the head, and the nose, eyes and mouth are made of thread, without using any decor. Mandatory decoration of a Tilda-style bear is ribbons or bows; you can also make original embroidery manually.
Making a Teddy bear soft toy with your own hands is a difficult task, so you should carefully study the algorithm before starting work.
How and where to start:
- The choice of material - this little bear is sewn of faux fur, the material should be short-haired. Also, to create this model, it is necessary to stock up with a dense cotton fabric for the manufacture of the inner side of the paws, the inner part of the ears and muzzle.
- Details of the pattern should be made in mirror image in relation to each other, this will help create an artificial pile to lie in one direction, which will create a realistic toy.
- The limbs of the bear must have holes to create fastenings for their mobility.
- Transfer the patterns of details to the fabric from the pile, they should be in a mirror image,
- Cut them, for paws leave punctures to create fasteners,
- Ears and paws are made of two different materials, the outer side of the pile, the inner of cotton,
- Sew them together
- Turn out and then fill with filler,
- The next step is fixing matters,
- They are inserted into the previously left space, these are cardboard disks with a hole with a mounted bolt (the body of a teddy bear),
- A nut is also sewn into the limbs, and then stuffed with foam rubber,
- The fastening in the limbs and torso is carefully sewn, making them invisible,
- Next, you need to screw the limb to the body, this mount gives the soft toy mobility,
- By analogy, this manipulation is done on all paws,
- After the bear’s body is ready, you should embroider the eyes, mouth, nose with threads,
- Tie a bow or ribbon around your neck,
- Teddy Bear is ready.
To sew a teddy bear, a ballerina needs to take dense material, best of all from a short pile. For heels, palms and the inside of the ears, you need to choose a soft cloth, for example, silk, cotton.
Patterns need to be done according to templates, there will be many details, because legs, palms, knees and shoulders are mobile, they are sewn separately. In order for the pile to lie in one direction, all fragments of the bear are made in a mirror image, and then stitched together. They are turned on the front side, stuffed with foam rubber and sewn with a blind seam.
The ankles, legs, shoulders and palms of the toy are movable, this is accomplished with the help of a button fastening. There are 2 design options, this is hidden (when stitches and buttons are sewn into the details from the wrong side) and external (they are sewn onto the front side and look pretty nice, only the color of the fabric and the color of the buttons should match).
The loop is done on the body, and the button is sewn on the legs. Further, the loop is done on the arm or leg, and the fastening is sewn on the palm or ankle. To decorate the face of a bear, ballerinas most often use beads or colorful sparkles. A ribbon is tied around the neck, the same is attached to one ear.
A must-have accessory for this toy is a ball tutu, it is created manually and with transparent bright fabric, for example, chiffon, veils, batiste.
The cut should be short, it should be baited on the thread evenly distributed to get beautiful volumetric waves. Pull off the skirt at the waist of the bear, sew up with a hidden seam, you can also insert a narrow elastic band, this will make it possible to change the clothes of the bear - the ballerina.
This soft toy differs from all previous ones not only in color, but also in that the bear stands on four legs. Therefore, tailoring a polar bear is different from the rest. The fabric should be selected dense with a long hard pile, the pattern should be done strictly according to the template, performing in mirror image. Sew fragments between each other, fill with a filler through a small hole.
In order for the toy to be stable, it is necessary to fill the paws very tightly.
In one embodiment, the polar bear is executed in a stationary state, the limbs are sewn to the body, and in another it is possible to make a hidden button fastening.
Bear with kids
To make a soft toy of this type, there are many options for patterns, it can be a bear in a lying position, and around her a few cubs. And also sitting with a son on his knees, or even standing. The complexity of this composition is that you have to work with small details. The fabric can be varied, ranging from faux fur or plain cotton.
For sewing the family do not use movable fasteners, all limbs are sewn tightly to the body. To create muzzles, buttons are selected for mom; for babies, most often, the mouth, nose and eyes are framed with Mouline thread or glued with small sparkles.
What seams to use when sewing a soft toy?
Threads for sewing toys must be strong and always in tone with the product. An exception is only in the case when making a looped decorative seam, it is used as a finishing and not only sews together parts, but also processes the edges of the fabric.
To create a soft toy with my own hands, I usually use the following types of seams:
- External - they sew internal fragments, it should go with small stitches and look neat, there should be no gaps between them.
- Looped seam - the thread is passed through the loop through the edge of the fabric and tightened, thus, bulk fabrics are processed and the details of the pattern are sewn.
- Secret - the thread with a needle should be inserted into the fabric from the inside, after folding the edge of the material together. The stitches are made small, neat, it is necessary to ensure that the needle with the thread goes exactly along the line, without going to the front side.
- Docking seam - in this way a button and some other accessories for a soft toy are sewn, as well as fragments, these are limbs, head, tail, etc. They are sewn with small stitches on the front side, threading the needle through the fabric.
How to connect the details of a soft toy
If the parts of the toy are sewn without fasteners, then a docking seam is usually used. To do this, you need to form each of them, then simply attach the blank to the junction and thread the needle and thread carefully into small stitches along the front side to sew them together.
If there are movable fasteners, then sew them with a blind seam into the part and previously connecting them to apply also a blind seam.
What is better to make the eyes and nose of a bear
Buttons are most often used or sequins are glued, but sometimes you can take Mouline threads to design the muzzle. To do this, you should master the embroidery method. The most common of them is smooth surface, the stitches are made even, tightly fitting to each other. Cross stitching is also used, this is the easiest way.
For some toys, the application method is used.
Here it is necessary to cut a small blank from the fabric of another color and sew the pattern with the help of a buttonhole seam.
How to fill a stitched toy
In the role of filler, foam rubber is most often used, this material is dense, it does not fall off and perfectly holds any shape. It is also easy to remove if the toy needs to be washed. You can take ordinary cotton wool, but it quickly gets off and the product may lose its original appearance.
A synthetic winterizer is also used - it is easy to purchase, and working with it is a pleasure. With it, the toy will keep its shape for a long time, it is easy to dry and does not go astray. An alternative is holofiber - this material is durable and easy to use.
As a filler, natural fillers are used, this is wool. It is environmentally friendly, will allow the product to keep in shape and even generates heat, it will be very pleasant for the child to sleep with such a toy.
How to insert a wire frame
The wire frame is used in soft toys quite often, it allows you to keep shape and gives it flexibility. To create it, you need a little wire, for safety, its ends should be bent with the help of round teeth. The wire should be copper or floristic, along the entire length of the toy.
Then, when the desired blank is made, it is lightly coated with glue and wrapped with the selected filler. This will not let her get out during the operation of the toy. Next, the filler is evenly distributed around it and a frame is obtained, which is then placed in a fabric pattern. The fragment is stitched.
Thus, the wire frame is inserted both in the body and in the limb, or even in the ears and tail of the toy.
How to decorate a soft toy
There is a huge selection of accessories for decorating toys. The most commonly used beads, buttons, sequins, ribbons and bows. They are sewn to the product using a blind stitch or special glue. You can also take small pieces of fabric, for example, velvet, cambric, silk, chiffon, they are superimposed, and then sewn with a buttonhole.
Sometimes original embroidery acts as a decoration, as this helps to make a soft toy unusual. A similar option has increasingly been used when a product is created by hand.
Another option for creating a unique look could be tailored clothing, such as a dress, skirt or jumpsuit. It is created from beautiful lightweight fabric.
Author: Elena Petrova