My MacBook Pro is running Snow Leopard, how can I find out which version of the Java SDK is installed on my Mac?
In /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions you will see all the installed JDKs. There is a symbolic link called CurrentJDK indicating the active JDK.
Open a terminal and type: java -version or javac -version.
If you have all the latest updates for Snow Leopard, for now you should run JDK 1.6.0_20 (same as the JDK version for Oracle).
The simplest solution would be an open terminal
- Stefan solution also works for me. Here's the exact input:
Below is the last line of output:
1.6.0.jdk will be the answer
What kind of SDK? If you mean the Cocoa development SDK, you can check / Developer / SDKs / to see which ones you installed.
If you are looking for a version of the Java SDK, open / Applications / Utilities / Java Preferences. It lists the versions of Java that you have installed.
On Mac OS X 10.6, however, the only version of Java is 1.6.
See other questions tagged java macos or Ask a Question
Java version in Java Control Panel - Windows and Mac
The Java version can be found on the Java control panel.
- Finding Java Control Panel on Windows
Finding Java Control Panel on Mac
- The version can be viewed in the section About on the tab General. A dialog box appears (after clicking the section About) with the Java version.
- In Windows, click Start
- Scroll to the folder Java
- Click on the folder Javaand then to paragraph About Javato find out the Java version
- Right click on the bottom left of the screen and select from the drop-down menu Control Panel.
- When the control panel is displayed, select Programs.
- Select Programs and Features.
- A list of installed versions of Java is displayed.
- Open menu Start.
- Select Control Panel
- In the control panel, click The installing and deleting of programms.
- The Add or Remove Programs window displays a list of all software products installed on the system, including Java versions.
Using the command line to search for Java versions - Mac
The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) that you uploaded to java.com or oracle.com contains a plug-in for launching Java content from a browser. To use the command line tools, you must download the Java Development Kit (JDK). JRE and JDK are separate systems that can be shared on your computer. Only one JRE runtime can be installed on a Mac. You can install as many JDKs on the system as needed.
Determining the default JDK version on Mac
When starting a Java application using the command line, the system uses the default JDK. The JRE version may differ from the JDK version.
To determine which version of the JDK is used by default, enter the java -version command in the window terminal. If version 7u55 is installed, you will see a line with the text 1.7.0_55. For example:
java version "1.7.0_55"
Java (TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_55-b13)
Java HotSpot (TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.55-b03, mixed mode)
Java - what is and what is this program for
Java is a programming language or technology that online applications are written in. Those. chats on sites, games, downloading files (including photos, videos) and many other things.
The advantage of this technology:
- Independence of code, operating system and devices i.e. this allows you to run applications on any device, regardless of operating system,
- And security (this is most likely used by many banks when connecting), because if the operation exceeds its authority, an immediate interruption will occur.
And of the shortcomings, the speed of execution, although there have been improvements.
Perhaps there is still, but these are the main ones from official sources.
And here is the story:
How to update Java to the latest version (or install)
In order to update java (or install) you must go to the official website of the application. And click download java.
And yet ... In browsers that are developed on the chromium engine, java may not work. If the version is old, then you can try to enable java in the address bar by typing chrome: // flags / # enable-npapi next paragraph "Enable NPAPI. "
But most likely, you will have to download the old version of the browser, look for add-ons, or use Intenet Explorer.
Installation is simple, just click install.
You can also update via the control panel:
And in the application, the Update tab.
Next update now.
By the way, here is the instruction for enabling in browsers.
How to check Java version
To check the version, you can also go to the control panel, select java.
In the window that opens, we see the version.
How to remove Java
Java is removed in the usual way, through the program removal tool, but if you could not remove it, use the JavaUninstallTool utility.
This is what uninstallation looks like through JavaUninstallTool.
Java is not installed
- Here, also try to uninstall if there is an old version and reinstall. When installing, try installing as administrator.
- Make sure you have full access to all folders.
- Download the offline installer and try installing it.
- If all else fails, make sure that nothing is blocking the installation, for example: antivirus, firewall.
- All applications require the NET Framework and Microsoft Visual C ++, try updating them.
Not an internal or external team
In this error, copy the path to the program, I have this: C: Program Files (x86) Java jre1.8.0_144 bin
Next, go to the Control Panel - System - Advanced System Settings - Environment Variables.
We look for PATH and click edit.
Now it’s more accurate!
The line contains several programs and if you delete something, then they also will not work!
For example, here is my piece of code: C: ProgramData Oracle Java javapath, C: Program Files (x86) Intel iCLS Client , C: Program Files Intel iCLS Client ,
Those. Each parameter must be separated by a semicolon. If you are unsure of your abilities, just copy this line somewhere just in case.
So what we do:
- Go to the end of the line
- If there is no semicolon, set it, if there is, write our path C: Program Files (x86) Java jre1.8.0_144 bin (here your path should be) and put a semicolon at the end.
You can also try this way: C: ProgramData Oracle Java javapath,