Playground. Those who first skated, it is better to train in the hall or on the site with a flat surface, without a hint of pits and humps, as beginners still have poor balance and do not know how to slow down. It can be an empty asphalt parking, a park alley, a street with blocked traffic or a paid rollerdrome.
Instructor. To learn how to ride skates quickly and correctly, you can hire a trainer who will teach you the technique of skiing and point out errors. Experienced instructor: does not pull hands, does not hug, does not push in the back. If there is no trainer, it is better to go to the first lesson in the company of a person who can hold you.
Videos. Buy high-quality rollers - there are special models for beginner rollers, they are more comfortable, roll smoothly and are very stable. It is important to properly fasten the skates - to the maximum so that the leg does not dangle, but at the same time the fastenings do not squeeze the leg to pain. Tightly tightened skates become an extension of your limbs, so it’s easier to control the balance, muscles are less loaded, and the risk of damaging the foot or lower leg is much reduced.
Protection - in no case be neglected. Be sure to buy knee pads, elbow pads and protective gloves on your wrists to soften the blow when dropped and protect yourself from scratches.
After writing this article, I was invited to a TV channel in the studio: to tell and show on video how to learn to skate? Time and the set were limited, but some of the important things were demonstrated:
Correct scooter rack
We get on the rollers. The first - do not rush when you get up (first climb the rollers), the second - all movements should be smooth. Tilt the body forward, the knees are slightly bent, if necessary, you can lean your hands on a wall or some rack, while the muscles of the legs are slightly tense. To stand, you just need to put your legs parallel to the width of your shoulders and that’s all.
The inclination of the body throughout the ride should be strictly forward, otherwise falls cannot be avoided. Keep your hands in front of you, your gaze is directed forward and down.
The position of the legs is shoulder-width apart, the feet are either parallel, or one foot is slightly ahead of the other, the socks are a little apart, while the heels are not together, but just a little closer. In this position, you control the center of gravity. The knees are “soft”, on slightly bent legs you can easily perform any maneuver. Check yourself: if the pose is correct, the skates are almost completely obscured by the knees.
The first steps on the rollers: exercises
Even before going on the asphalt, it is recommended to perform several exercises that will help the athlete feel the rollers and catch the balance. Exercises should be carried out on a safe surface, which will not allow your legs to part in different directions. At home it can be a carpet, and on the street - grass.
- Take the scooter stance: feet shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent, body tends to go forward. Try to bend down and touch your socks with your hands. Then touch the floor with your hands several times and, finally, completely rest your palms on the ground to overcome the fear of falling.
- Take the first steps on the rollers on the grass (or carpet). Cross over, transferring weight, walk forward, backward, to the side. The steps should not be too wide. You can turn around, do small, light jumps.
- The next trick is to maintain balance on one leg. Holding on to an object or person, transfer the weight of the body to the right leg and lock the body in this state. The foot should not bend and fall, a slight tilt to the outer edge of the roller is allowed. The free leg can be brought back, sideways, forward, without losing a stable position. Repeat the exercise several times, changing legs.
- Find a stable palm rest (handrail). Transfer the balance to one of the rollers and ride back and forth (3-4 times) on the supporting leg, the second leg in the air. Do the same on the second leg, repeat the exercise 5-7 times on each leg. This will help you get used to how to balance the skate when skating.
Beginner inline skating
When you are accustomed to the rollers and are already standing on them confidently, it is time to move from the lawn or carpet to a flat surface.
- Several laps can be driven in tandem with an instructor or friend, face to face. He should ride backwards, hold (pull) your hands, while you try to maintain the initial position of the body (tilt and slightly bent knees) and just roll behind it without raising your legs (legs parallel, shoulder width apart). Such an exercise is best done from 3 to 10-15 minutes.
- In the next exercise, we occupy our scooter rack, put our legs parallel and, standing still (if necessary, you can hold onto them lightly for something or for someone), transfer body weight from foot to foot (like a bear). Perform the exercise about 10 times on each leg.
- Now it's time go rollerblading alone. We occupy a roller stand (tilting the body forward, knees slightly bent, looking forward and down), feet shoulder width apart, but the socks a little apart (with the heels not together, just the distance between the socks is greater than between the heels). We transfer the weight (roll over like a bear) from foot to foot and begin to slowly ride. In this case, there is a hidden, light, imperceptible push to the side. That's all, I congratulate you - you went!
- If you are already more or less confident in transferring weight from foot to foot and eating, try the following. Transfer the body weight to the front leg, and the second push up a little more to the side, without pushing it back. Feel how you slide forward on the supporting leg and remember this feeling: it is as if you are pushing the supporting leg into the floor. Put the rollers in parallel again - and do the same, changing the supporting leg.
- Alternate legs slowly, without making strong shocks, so as not to drive too fast. If, nevertheless, you seem to have gained too much speed, place your legs parallel to the width of your shoulders and simply roll by inertia (without lifting your legs from the surface). When the movement slows down, it is necessary to push off several times to maintain speed. When you have gained speed, put your legs in parallel again, roll on two legs at the same time, relax and enjoy :).
At the very beginning it will be difficult to maintain balance on one leg. But over time, you get used to it and can increase the length of time between shocks, enjoying the movement. It is recommended to pause every 10-15 minutes in the skating to catch breath. After resting, roller-skating becomes easier.
Learning to fall correctly
Many novice skaters are afraid to fall, and therefore their movements are constrained - fear does not allow training at full strength. At the very beginning of training, practice falling on skates correctly.
Simulate a fall in place: sit down, push the case forward, touch the ground - first with your knees, and then with your hands. The fingers are raised up. Protection on your knees, elbows and wrists will prevent you from getting hurt.
Try to fall in motion. Gather a little speed with a few jolts, group by the same principle as when falling in place. Repeat the exercise several times to consolidate the result.
If you lost your balance while skating and want to avoid a fall, you can crouch, leaning forward - thus, in approximately 80% of cases, you will travel several meters and not fall, in the remaining 20% of cases you will soften your fall.
In more detail, how to fall on roller skates is discussed in another article of our site roliki-extrim.com.ua - how to fall on rollers correctly?
Not knowing how to slow down, you will not get pleasure from the ride, because the falls will be constant. It is worth noting that a beginner in roller skating should not accelerate over 10 km / h - such speeds are traumatic for him. It is better to gain experience, and then already compete in speed with the wind.
There are many types of braking. The simplest is braking about an obstacle, but it is not always convenient and safe, especially if you still neglected the advice and accelerated to high speed. Therefore, it is very necessary to brake the obstacle on rollers very carefully.
The second method, which has proved to be useful for a beginner roller skater, is to exit onto the ground or a lawn or run a few steps. It perfectly dampens speed.
And the third in a row, but the first by value method is a regular brake. They should learn to use it first, and then master other methods of braking.
Oddly enough, one of the first skills in roller skating is developing the ability to successfully fall. A correct fall includes several rules:
- You need to fall forward only. If you fall back - you can damage the tailbone.
- First you need to fall on your knees, then put your elbows, and only then - protect your wrists.
- You can fall to one side. Not the best touchdown, but quite acceptable.
By the way, the worst way to fall is to land on exposed straight arms.
Where to start training
At the first lesson of getting up on roller skates, you are likely to encounter the following problem - your legs will corrode, and possibly even in different directions. In such a situation, the probability of falling is very high, so it is recommended to take the first steps on a non-slip surface - for example, on grass, turf or lawn. On this soil, the wheels will not slip, you can walk or run in the rollers, get used to their weight. The main thing is not to choose loose soil for such a practice, otherwise then you will need to clean the rollers from dirt for a long and tedious way. For the same reason, sand and gravel are not suitable - sand will clog the bearings, and small pebbles can damage the wheels themselves.
Basic exercises in the development of technology
The most basic exercises for teaching roller skating are called skiing, snake and labyrinth.
When skiing, roller skates must move strictly parallel to each other: one leg goes forward and the other synchronously backwards. It is noteworthy that all 4 wheels of the roller should be in contact with the ground during execution.
A snake is something like a very simple slalom. Different objects are taken, lined up at a certain interval and circled at low speed.
But in the maze, the obstacles are not lined up in a row, but randomly across the site. The distance between them is no more than 3 meters, and preferably 2. When driving, you need to not only go around them, but also to avoid rectilinear movement, overcoming a predetermined route.
Performing such exercises, you will quickly receive the necessary lessons and experience all the basic aspects of roller skating.
Choosing a place to train
For roller skates, any park with smooth asphalt is suitable. But if there is an opportunity to visit the training ground for skaters, and even indoor, then it is better to study there. These places are specially equipped for training on roller skates, there are many sides and railings, and the surface of the tracks is very smooth.
The worst places to learn to ride are sidewalks and places with lots of people.
So, you are at the place of training. Let's consider an ideal option - a rollerdrome. Put on your entire protection kit, choose a railing or wall to start, and take a stand for the first lesson. By the way, the most stable position is when your knees, shoulders and socks are approximately at the same level vertically, and the center of gravity is shifted so that the weight is transferred to the heels. When starting repulsion, the roller frame must be strictly perpendicular to the foot and floor. First you need to learn how to balance your legs.
Push your hand off the railing and roll forward along it. Then, when it will turn out without difficulty, begin to lift one leg at a time, then the other. You don’t need to lift up your legs high, for starters you can simply shift from foot to foot, smoothly and slowly. When the exercise is completed, try to ride on one leg as long as possible - the task is to hold out for 3 seconds.
To practice this lesson, you need to bring your legs together, spreading your socks to the sides. Sit down and push the roller skates in different directions. When they are separated by shoulder width, then turn the socks inward and, using inertia, bring them to their original position. And so a dozen times per approach.
Remember that you don’t need to squat completely: you need to energetically send the body down, and then smoothly bring it back - and then everything will work out.
When riding inline skates, do not neglect the inertia. Rollers can travel by inertia for quite some time, but the roller is required to be in the right stable stance. You need to roll with one leg forward and with the other laid back. The logic of the position is very simple: if you roll with your legs on the same line, you will fall if you fall into a hole or an unevenness. And in the aforementioned stance, the front one will catch an obstacle, and the rear one will hedge and help maintain balance.
Advanced braking method
If the basic methods of braking on roller skates are mastered, then you can learn another interesting method, which is most often used when the brake is dismantled.
To stop, you need to shift all your weight to the front foot, and to take the back as far back as possible and put it flat on the ground. Braking occurs by the plane of the wheels.
Hand movement in roller skating is far from the last place - with the help of them you can add both speed and stability when riding. They should move countercurrent to the legs, that is, if a push to the right occurs, then the hands go to the left, and vice versa. You can watch the skaters and take note of their technique.
Do not forget that roller skating is a rather traumatic activity and, in order to avoid unpleasant moments, you must follow the safety rules:
- Do not be lazy to tighten the laces and fix the rollers so that they are one with your feet.
- Without proper experience, it’s not worth getting out on the roadway.
- Sand and puddles under the taboo, otherwise kill the bearings.
- Wet asphalt is the cunning enemy of a beginner. Ride it very carefully.
- Control the speed of movement.
- Keep track of the presence of children on your check-in route.
Following these lessons and tips, training will not take you much time. And while observing safety precautions - it also guarantees a pleasant pastime with health benefits for both children and adults.
In-line skating, like any kind of outdoor activities and sports, carries the danger of falls and, consequently, injuries. Learn how to protect yourself from the not very pleasant aspects of this sport.
Nothing in sport is easy; every victory must be won, suffered and deserved. And although it seems from the outside that there is nothing complicated in wakeboarding, in fact, training is time-consuming and lengthy.
If your videos cracked or started to creak treacherously after the next ride, then the time for repair has come. But carrying them to the master is not necessary at all - after all, almost everything can be corrected by yourself.
Basic Roller Skating Rules
This sport appeared in the 1990s, but quickly gained popularity among children, youth and older adults. There are more and more roller skating fans every year.Different types appeared - freestyle, hockey, speed skating and even team skiing.
Basic rules of behavior when riding:
- constantly monitor the movement and speed,
- when moving, keep your balance and not be afraid of falls,
- you can fall only forward, for which you should keep a slight inclination of the case,
- proper protective equipment (pads on the elbows, knees and a helmet for the head), adds self-confidence and avoids injuries and abrasions,
- Comfortable and comfortable clothing should be chosen.
To learn how to roller skate, an adult will need 2-3 days if you make an effort and be patient.
Where to start training?
The main stages of training the future skater:
- learn to skate in the right position
- learn skills that help keep balance,
- learn to move
- performing training exercises and improving skills.
The first lesson is best done on a flat area with a dry and high-quality asphalt surface, away from moving vehicles. If an assistant is present nearby, this will facilitate the task and speed up the learning process.
The first stage, which helps to learn to ride roller skates, is the ability to become in the correct position (stance).
To do this, put on shoes and get to your feet, following the following rules:
- place your legs at a distance of 30-40 cm (shoulder width),
- keep your feet parallel to each other,
- it’s better to bend the knee joints and put your hands forward, bending at the elbows,
- legs should be level
- you should constantly ensure that the knees are bent and withstand a slight forward bend.
The main task at the 1st stage is to learn to keep balance in a rack. So that the skates do not move apart, for the first time it is better to stand on rollers on an earthen surface or on grass - then the wheels will not move, and the legs will not part. At first, getting up is better, holding on to a partner or any support. Then you can try to walk on the rollers on the ground, trying to maintain the desired position of the body, to perform squats and bends (at first holding on to a partner or support).
Then you need to go to the site and repeat everything, trying to keep your legs straight, while maintaining the position of the body in a slight inclination forward. The first steps for movement should be done correctly: you should never push off with just the toe of your foot. When moving, one leg should be set forward at an angle, sliding on it and pushing off the other. Then make the same movement with the second leg, while transferring the weight of the body to it, etc.
The next stage is ski training, which will allow you to get used to the rollers. It is necessary to make movements with your feet back and forth, without tearing them off the asphalt and holding the center of gravity strictly in the middle of the body. Having done such movements for 10 minutes, you can get the skill of rolling and parallel movement of the legs. The exercise shows how you can learn to glide, abutting completely with all the skates, however, it is better not to increase the speed at this stage.
One of the important points on how to quickly learn to skate is teaching the roller year. It is necessary to get into the starting position, take the correct stance, then push the right leg forward. At the same time, it is necessary to transfer weight to it, and with your left foot - slightly push off and straighten.
So it turns out to ride a little forward, then move your left foot forward and ride on it. If at this time the case will swing slightly, this is considered the norm - you should learn to maintain balance.
Now you should ride for a while, gradually increasing the speed and time at which you can roll on one leg. In this case, it is better to help yourself with your hands, waving them like a person does when walking.
Basic elements of roller skating
One of the important skills that you need to learn on the first day is the ability to slow down. There are several ways to do this:
- sharply put one boot perpendicular to the other, with this movement the wheels will stop spinning and stop,
- when moving, bring one leg back and put it to the other with the letter “T”, transferring the weight of the body forward,
- when sliding slowly, you can put both legs at an angle, trying to reduce the socks with the letter "V".
There are roller models in which a special element is installed for safe braking (behind the last wheel). However, such a lining too lengthens the braking process, and in the future will make it difficult to perform tricks. Therefore, many scooters prefer not to apply the applied brake, but to learn how to stop in the above ways.
A few exercises to learn and improve the learning process of roller skating:
- Bouncing on 2 legs, starting immediately with 8 rollers. It is necessary to monitor the tilt of the body forward and not transfer the weight to the front wheels. When landing, one leg should be brought forward on a half roller so as not to lose balance.
- Jumping from one foot to another. During landing, the supporting leg must be bent at the knees.
- Turns are made as follows. Put forward that leg, in the direction of which a person is going to turn. A small step is made, with the heel of the front foot facing the toe of the back. By pressing on the outside of the wheels and moving, the body is rotated in the desired direction.
- The snake allows you to learn how to make turns. You need to arrange the plastic cups with an interval of 1.5 m in one line. Having dispersed, try to go round each, zigzag around them. At first, the cups will fall due to touch. The student's task is to minimize the number of fallen elements and learn how to maneuver. When performing the exercise, the quantity and distance between the cups must be changed.
- The labyrinth is a more difficult exercise, in which the glasses must be placed throughout the area at a distance of 2-3 m. When skating, they need to go around, making turns, turns and zigzags.
Exercises are recommended to be repeated several times, alternating with each other. Having learned to perform braking, turns, maneuvers and sliding on 1-2 legs, we can proceed to the improvement of technology. A more difficult level involves the ability to overcome obstacles, acrobatic jumps, performing a “pistol” and other interesting tricks that will amaze all friends and people around.